-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Can you guys recommend a decent waterproof point and shoot digital camera? I'm not looking for an underwater camera, just one I can take fishing on my kayak and not have to worry about it.

Thanks
Mark

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The best bet is the Olympus Tough 630. Here are the specs:

Normally the camera is 199.99 for just the camera
We can do the camera with an extra battery, case and 8 gig card for $199.99

Let me know if you have any questions
12MP BSI CMOS
5x/10x WIDE/SR ZOOM
3.0" HIGH-RES LCD
1080p FULL HD VIDEO
Takes a Lickin� and Keeps on Clickin�
Family life can be tough on technology. That�s why you need to preserve your precious memories with a camera that delivers high-quality images in a rugged, anything-goes body! From its weather-sealed construction that allows it to be completely waterproof to depths up to 16 feet (5m), to its rugged design that allows it to tolerate drops and falls from 5.5 feet (1.5m), the Olympus TG-630 iHS is the ideal camera for families on the go. And because Olympus values image quality as much as the lifeproof design, you�ll get spectacular images and 1080p Full HD Videos thanks to iHS Technology. By combining a powerful high-sensitivity, high-speed 12-megapixel Backlit CMOS sensor and a DSLR-quality image processor, iHS Technology delivers superb low-light performance and high-speed responsiveness so you never have to worry about missing the perfect shot. Throw in easy-to-use features like Enhanced Intelligent Auto (iAuto), Dual Image Stabilization, AF Tracking and Multi-Motion Movie Image Stabilization and you have one reliable piece of gear that delivers impressive image quality at an affordable price.

LIFEPROOF
Waterproof 16ft/5m - The Olympus-original complete sealing system and double lock construction borrowed from Olympus� long history of manufacturing underwater housings ensures that the TG-630 iHS is completely waterproof down to a depth of 16ft.
Shockproof 5ft/1.5m - The shockproof structure of the TG-630 iHS ensures that your investment is protected. Carefully sandwiched between two protective frames, the lens and camera unit remain unfazed by bumps, drops, falls and other impacts. Even after repeated drops, critical camera components and functions like the lens, shutter, aperture and auto-focus remain safe. Drop, pick up, and keep on shooting.
Freezeproof 14�F/-10�C - Keep shooting outdoors even in the winter. The TG-630 iHS is designed to keep operating at below freezing temperatures, safe from the two most common problems when shooting in cold weather: lens condensation and auto zoom malfunction. Hit the slopes, fire up your snowmobile, or break out the skates, because with the TG-630 iHS by your side, you�ll never miss those awesome wipe out moments.
Dustproof - Life gets dirty. Between dusty fields and muddy trails, sometimes your camera doesn�t stay as pristine as you�d like it to. But even in less-than-spotless environments, the fine protective sealing of the TG-630 iHS helps keep out dirt and debris allowing you to capture shot after shot even in the harshest environments
iHS TECHNOLOGY
12MP BSI CMOS Sensor - An amazing 12 million pixels in the High-Sensitivity, High-Speed BSI CMOS sensor deliver unmatched image quality with less noise and improved image detail, especially in low-light situations.
TruePic VI Image Processor - A TruePic VI Image Processor, first developed for professional SLRs, knows precisely how to deliver true-to-life color, the sharpest details, and less noise.
Low Light Performance - Thanks to iHS technology high ISOs and quick shutter speeds, you'll achieve ideal results in low light situations whether you're shooting in a dim room, outdoors at dusk, or around the campfire.
High-Speed Performance - From quick start up times, to ultra fast shot-to-shot intervals and blazing autofocus, the camera is always read to go when the action kicks in.
Enhanced iAuto - In iAuto mode, the camera automatically detects the subject, lighting and situation to identify the scene you�re shooting � up to 30 different scenes including Night, Sport, Beach and Snow, Underwater Snapshot and Backlight HDR � and adjusts the settings for ideal results. Leave it up to the TG-630 iHS to choose optimum settings so you can focus on capturing that amazing shot.
Super Resolution Zoom - Get twice as close. Double your effective zoom power and get even closer to your subjects without compromising image quality.
VIDEO VERSATILITY
1080p Full HD Video - A simple, one-touch button allows you shoot clear, crisp full HD videos in 1080p right from your camera.
HDMI Output & Control - HDMI output and control makes playing back videos on your HDTV a breeze.
Multi-Motion Movie IS - The newly-developed image stabilization technique helps to reduce camera blur caused by walking or breathing when shooting videos.
CREATIVE FREEDOM
Magic Art Filters - Express your creativity with 11 different special effects for your photos and HD videos. Olympus� Magic Art Filters infuse familiar scenes with new and unexpected moods ranging from the excited to the serene and from the whimsical to the mysterious. Choose from Pop Art, Pin Hole, Fisheye, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Miniature, Reflection, Dramatic and Fragmented. (Some effects apply only to still photos. Effects may reduce image size.)
Beauty Mode with Makeup - Look like a star! Let the camera soften shadows and smooth wrinkles and blemishes on your subject's face with Beauty Mode. Or, digitally apply enhancements to your portraits like eyeshadow, whitening teeth and lifting cheek bones with Beauty Make-Up mode.
3.0" High-Resolution HyperCrystal III LCD - Easily compose your shots and videos with this large screen that makes colors and details shine their brightest. The HyperCrystal� III LCD is designed to offer a wider viewing angle without glare or shadow. This means your images and videos appear crisp and clear on the screen to anyone viewing them.
Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology - Automatically compensates for shadowed areas to minimize the differences in highlight and lowlight areas resulting in more uniform exposure across the image. When used together with iAuto or Face Detection, the subject's face is shot with optimal exposure settings so that the face can be recorded clearly even under strong back light conditions. The TruePic VI image processor further reduces noise in the shadowy areas allowing for even better backlight adjustment.
Backlight HDR - Shooting into backlight typically results in washed out, overly bright images. Backlight HDR Adjustment takes a collage of images at various exposure levels and blends them into one, perfectly exposed image.

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I've had two Olympus tough cameras and they've both been great!

Here's an underwater pic from 2009 when we had a chance to swim with the stingrays in the Caymen Islands....

[Linked Image]

The sand was getting really stirred up and I was just holding the camera down by my feet so it was no means taken in perfect conditions.....

Same trip.....
[Linked Image]

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought an Olympus TG-820 from Joel a couple of years ago...GREAT CAMERA and SUPER SERVICE from Cameraland. I looks like the 630 he recommended has replaced the 820. I use mine a lot while fishing and don't have to worry about wet hands or fish splashing hurting the camera. I also carry it while hunting. I operates well in cold temperature. And it takes fantastic pictures. Give Joel a call, discuss your needs with him and get one ordered. You will be glad you did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have an Olympic Stylus Tough 6000, and it is just that-- --tough!!
Besides being a good waterproof camera it takes very nice pictures.

My son has taken pictures of trout underwater while they are being landed. The were very clear and even the fly in the fish's mouth is shown in detail!!

It also fits in a shirt pocket with plenty of room to spare!

Ken

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.