-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On a return flight from Europe six years ago, they confiscated two 3" lag bolts from an antler mounting kit I was bringing back and almost grabbed Roe deer antlers, as they may be used as a *weapon*. They let me have the antlers.
Yet I was drinking beer in *glass bottles* on the flight. Go figure.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

How the hell can that embosser be construed as something dangerous unless you put your balls in it? Who doesn't know what an embosser is anyway, or can figure it out.... Where do they get these clowns?

You got me on that one. I was "perplexed."

I just have bad travel mojo.

Time before that, I was on a mission trip to Rio Verde Brazil. The pastor asked me to watch his luggage while he made some calls to make sure our bus was there.

A few minutes later, I got the Brasilian Custom's folks randomly pick me for inspection.

I got a suitcase full of tools, another one with a bunch of toddler clothing I was donating to the local youth, and two cases of the pastor that I had NO CLUE what was in. This during a time when the country was fighting issues with out of country workers exploiting poor children.

Good times.

On the way back, U.S customs stopped me with a suitcase full of tools, briefs, socks and t-shirts. I left all my work clothes for the villagers we helped. My other suitcase had about 25kg of coffee - for personal use.

I also had a Beranti. A big Beranti.

[Linked Image]

More good times.

(it took another pastor nearly swearing on a Bible that I could drink that much coffee, otherwise, they were planning on charging me import tax.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read some of Becky Akers' stuff on the TSA. Won't help, but at least she'll commiserate with you.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Not like it's on every airline's web page and plastered all over the airport, but yeah, it's TSA's fault.

Agree. Folks don't do any research these days at all. Just take things for granted.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
A lot of the time TSA personnel don't even know their own rules...kinda like the USPS

Or just about any gubment agency.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Not like it's on every airline's web page and plastered all over the airport, but yeah, it's TSA's fault.

Agree. Folks don't do any research these days at all. Just take things for granted.

Yep and goes much broader than flying...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Incredible ..

Some guys still use shaving cream?
Even worse - some guys still fly?

Ever since '08 I've sworn off flying until the TSA is no more..

Originally Posted by jnyork
I have flown my last commercial flight, never again, if I have to fly somewhere to be on time I am just going to be late.

I am so old I can remember when flying commercial was something of a treat, everyone was nice, you got treated like a valued customer with dignity and respect.

Days long gone now. eek
I hear ya...

Going on a cruise next year. Wife, son and his fiance will fly to the port. I'm driving - with all the luggage. Heck, the baggage fees saved alone will pay for the fuel - AND I won't have to deal with the damned TSA...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have short legs, so my pants are always wrinkled around the ankle, and they always pat me down because of it, I also have a couple of pins and a screw in my left knee so it sets of the metel detector so now summer or winter I wear shorts at the TSA gate, makes it pretty obvious

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My wife flys with HUGE knitting needles, like 14" long by 1/2" thick. No problems. Ever.
My son is a musician. He flies with bass drum kick pedals. About 2 times out of 8 some idiot will make him check it as luggage instead of carry on. The case is about the size of 2 shoe boxes stacked together.

Last edited by smarquez; 06/12/14.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
Theatrical Security Agency

I thought it was the Theoretically Safe Agency. wink

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
On my last flying trip I actually saw TSA agents that apparently were taught to use some common sense discretion.

Upon first seeing me they asked " do you have any hip or knee replacements?" which makes sense considering my age and size. And in two airports I was just given a red tag and told I didn't need to take off my jacket, belt, boots etc. ( apparently I am old enough to look completely harmless�.)

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by denton
Theatrical Security Agency

I thought it was the Theoretically Safe Agency. wink

TSA = Thugs Standing Around

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"I thought Hitler and his cronies were long dead, but the TSA proves otherwise."

He is alive, reincarnated and is living in the White House.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Isn't TSA Bush's abortion?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I spend a good part of my time flying due to my work. 24,000 miles last month alone. What we should really worry about are planes being loaded in other countries that are flying to the United States.

In some countries where I have been there is very little security before jumping on your plane back to the US.

We worry about people leaving but not so much about people arriving.

Was in a Mideast country a while back where the crowds were pushing to get through security. After a while the guards just moved aside and let everyone through without thoroughly checking them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The TSA stems from a better time in America and they are doing the same things now that they did from their inception and only liberal democrats would be opposed to their actions.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I took a gallon zip-lock full of wild rice to friends the last time I flew. TSA at the Minneapolis airport got all bug eyed and excited when they opened my carry on. They were about to spread eagle me on the floor and put on the cuffs when a TSA lady who actually lived in Minnesota showed up and dope slapped the lot of them while everyone else laughed at them

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember a flight where I went through the TSA. After I was on the flight they gave me a can of coke. After empty a person could rip that apart quickly and have a dangerous weapon.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by andrews1958
I spend a good part of my time flying due to my work. 24,000 miles last month alone. What we should really worry about are planes being loaded in other countries that are flying to the United States.

In some countries where I have been there is very little security before jumping on your plane back to the US.

We worry about people leaving but not so much about people arriving.

Was in a Mideast country a while back where the crowds were pushing to get through security. After a while the guards just moved aside and let everyone through without thoroughly checking them.
TSA was never actually about stopping terrorism. Terrorism was merely the justification for the TSA. The TSA was always about conditioning Americans into the routine of being treated like prisoners by agents of state.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,173
Posts18,484,607
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.