Print Thread
Hop To
M
MSRHunt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I'm wondering if any of your 264 LBC shooters have found good loads with LEVER? LEVER has a limited applicability but i think its a good match for the 264 LBC. When it in the right chamber and used with the right bullet it can deliver 150fps boost to velocity and i think its right for the 264. If you have loads you've worked up please share the bullet the powder grain the COAL and the barrel make and size.

HR IC

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lots of guys are liking this LVR, propellent in the 6.5 Grendel in both AR & bolt action applications with 123 to 130 grain bullets for example.

Now I can only ask why no load data for Leverevolution in the 6.5 Grendel from any of the top load data sources. (Hodgdon, Hornady, Nosler for example) My experience has been lower pressure signs, while getting better velocities and very respectable accuracy.

Can so many of us who like this propellant in the 6.5 Grendel be wrong?

Guess what really bothering me is I really would like some load data from Hodgdon themselvs To conferm or dispell my suspicions as to the lower pressure with higher velocities.

Anyone here have any lobbying sway with the right people at Hodgdon?

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There's probably no load data because the Grendel is a fairly new cartridge that is limited in pressure and almost exclusively run in gas guns that generally work better with faster burning powders and it's shot by a bunch of guys that usually aren't chasing velocity.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yea
These guys by and large are pursuing accuracy 1st. And due to the high BC of the bullet, Even at modest velocity the accuracy carries out to a surprising distance.

Based on my observations the beauty of the LVR in the 6.5 Gren, 6.5 LBC & 6.5 CSS is accuracy nodes are being experienced at modest velocities and higher velocities that the Grendel may not be known for otherwise.

From my perspective there at least 5 really good propellants for this cartridge. Two of these propellants that offer top velocities from this efficient cartridge seem to be supported by little or no load data for seemingly no good reason. Another top performer with no data, though at a more moderate Velocity range is AR-comp.

I understand Aliant offering no data whatsoever for the Grendel. Yet I am bewildered by the fact that Hodgdon supports data for there modest performers in this cartridge. Then outright excludes data for CFE 223 & Leverevolution that also seems to be beloved propellant's by both AR and bolt action guys shooting the 6.5 GRENDEL family of cartridge.
Try as I may - I see no greater risk concerns in offering load data for these slower propellants, that in turn keep pressures in check with a slightly higher velocity node. Or in the case of LVR maybe a very notable higher velocity node as well.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,042
Posts18,521,112
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.