Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by reelhook
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him

Originally Posted by transalp1961
There was good communication on this transaction. I received the unit and it looked new. I read the instruction manual and tried two new batteries. I could not get the I unit to respond. He recommended I contact Leica, which I did. I spoke to one of their repair techs. Reelhook offered to pay the repair costs up to the purchase price less $20. The Leica tech said the rangefinder was 10 years old and they did not have any repair parts so it could not be repaired. I let Reelhook know about this and I said it may be better if I would just return the rangefinder for a refund. He agreed to this so I paid for the shipping and sent it back to him. I did not think there were any problems until he sent me an e-mail and pm calling me a liar, which I am not. I am out the shipping and he is out the shipping costs, which were about $12. I guess this post is his way of getting even with me for returning an item I could not get to work.

Pretty big discrepancy in the accounts, here. Curious to hear the OP's response, because transalp1961's post offers a lot of details that would certainly justify returning the rangefinder and probably be more than a little disappointed with the transaction. I'd be pretty pissed if I got a dud rangefinder that was 10 years old, only to pay return shipping for my refund.

GB1

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Well Gentleman, When you sell and ship someone a product that is working when it leaves your place and is working when it comes back-how would you feel. He ask me to reduce my price which I did. When he emailed me and told me it didn't work, I knew he was lying or he felt that he had made a buying error and his wife yelled at him for spending the money. Either way, the rangefinder did work and all of the instructions were in the box. I came off of the price $90 just to move it. The man has no ethics. I did not sell it with a money back warranty. It was not bought with batteries in it and I don't store electronics that are not used daily with batteries. Some leak. If you like to do business with people like transalp1961--then go ahead but not me.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well Gentleman, When you sell and ship someone a product that is working when it leaves your place and is working when it comes back-how would you feel.

I would take in consideration I am dealing with Joe public on an Internet forum. When you are selling something sight unseen you need to be prepared for a unsatisfied customer. You can't get a fat nose and start a call out thread because some one might be unhappy and want their money back. The best way to deal with a situation like this is give them their money back �nd get rid of them. If you are selling a quality item worth the price you are asking you should have no problem finding a satisfied customer.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by texken
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I sold him a new , working Leica range finder and he said it didn't work-a lie. He is to stupid to but a battery in it and hold down the button till it reflects back..He got his money back, but if I had known, I wouldn't have sold it to him

If you had a satisfaction guaranteed, money back policy, why do you care and why are you slamming someone? Why didn't you put batteries in it to begin with? Looks to be unethical on your part to offer money back policy and then [bleep] on him when he wants his money back.
not sticking up for the op, you are not suppose to ship batteries via usps, but a lot of people ship ammo with out hazmat so whatever

Ammo does not need hazmat to ship.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weakest "call out" thread EVER.

Should have just been handled via PM like GENTLEMEN.

JMO....

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I,m back with popcorn what`d I miss ?

Long live the NRA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deserthunter1
I,m back with popcorn what`d I miss ?

Just some idiot bitching about a refund.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.