Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by KR13
Why can't kickball fans just enjoy watching their game, and quit trying to convince me that I should enjoy watching their game. Anything that requires this hard of a sales push, I ain't buying.
Nobody made you open the thread. Also might want to keep this in mind this fall when we have the daily SEC football threads and see what kind of pissing match those degenerate into.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
Why can't kickball fans just enjoy watching their game, and quit trying to convince me that I should enjoy watching their game. Anything that requires this hard of a sales push, I ain't buying.

For the same reason that some have to malign a sport they don't watch, haven't played, or know anything about.

This sums up my position pretty well. I've never seen fans proselytize for a sport like soccer fans. If anyone says it's boring, they assume non fans either don't watch, or aren't smart enough to understand. Fans of other sports just say whatever and go on with their lives.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa

For the same reason that some have to malign a sport they don't watch, haven't played, or know anything about.

This sums up my position pretty well. I've never seen fans proselytize for a sport like soccer fans. If anyone says it's boring, they assume non fans either don't watch, or aren't smart enough to understand. Fans of other sports just say whatever and go on with their lives.

So, you've never seen NASCAR threads here? Or, NFL threads? It's not that someone says it's boring. There are lots of sports that are boring (watching baseball for example, is like watching paint dry; golf and tennis or bowling, are worse). It's quite simply because uneducated buffoons like yourself try to insinuate that soccer is simply some gay sport not worthy of men playing or watching. That idiocy, which you compound, is the rationale behind threads like this.

Don't like it? Fine, don't watch it. I personally don't like NASCAR, golf, tennis, or bowling. I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but I'd watch that over the NBA any day. Now, American football, soccer, or rugby? Yeah, I'll watch those.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akpls
Nobody made you open the thread. Also might want to keep this in mind this fall when we have the daily SEC football threads.
Go Aggies

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Oh, and as far as rugby, I know Larry Gelwix well enough to have his phone number on speed dial.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Then again, having played both games (though certainly not at the professional levels for either) perhaps I have a bit more than a clue.

I'm very happy your clue tells you that the hits in rugby are harder than the NFL.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Then again, having played both games (though certainly not at the professional levels for either) perhaps I have a bit more than a clue.

I'm very happy your clue tells you that the hits in rugby are harder than the NFL.

Travis

They were certainly harder in rugby than in football. I played rugby with guys that played D-I, D-II, and D-III football in college. It was their consensus as well. Of course, I'm sure that you've played enough football and rugby to be able to draw on your vast first-hand experiences of the sports at any level to draw a conclusion.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
Oh, and as far as rugby, I know Larry Gelwix well enough to have his phone number on speed dial.

That's someone I'd like to meet some day.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

They were certainly harder in rugby than in football. I played rugby with guys that played D-I, D-II, and D-III football in college. It was their consensus as well. Of course, I'm sure that you've played enough football and rugby to be able to draw on your vast first-hand experiences of the sports at any level to draw a conclusion.

Wow. That's neato.

You should tell your rugby friends they could have made a lot more money in the NFL.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Seminole39
[Linked Image]

Now that's funny! laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finally, a simple way to explain soccer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrrS4emGJrs

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.