Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
strut64 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
A thought just crossed my mind. Given Obama's attitude, what if he decides after the 2016 election to keep the office and not turn it over??? What could stop him?? What if He gets his wife Michelle to stand up for election and wins?? We are on the verge of a governmental/constitutional crises right now. I fear for our country.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know if there's any truth to it, but there's a lot of speculation that late in '16 he'll pull something so outrageous that the people will openly rebel, giving him a reason to declare marshal law and cancel the election.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain't happening but that doesn't mean he won't try it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

there is no mechanism I know of, to remove the President if he decides to just stay there. Now the Congress and Courts would go ballistic, but...........

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unlike Obama, I do not claim to be a Constitutional scholar.

I believe Military Officers swear at two-part oath. One part is to uphold the Constitution of the United States. The second part is to obey lawful orders.

A ruling by a high Federal Court would be enough to authorize the military to isolate the top of the Executive Branch. Key language would be something like "...in violation of the core concepts of the United States Constitution..." and "...all orders issued after XXXX are not lawful."

Dump the power and jam the telecom and cordon off the site.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeMama

I believe Military Officers swear at two-part oath. One part is to uphold the Constitution of the United States. The second part is to obey lawful orders.

A ruling by a high Federal Court would be enough to authorize the military to isolate the top of the Executive Branch. Key language would be something like "...in violation of the core concepts of the United States Constitution..." and "...all orders issued after XXXX are not lawful."

Then his purge of leadership in the armed forces starts to make more sense. Install the personnel that would be loyal when the time comes.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by JoeMama

Then his purge of leadership in the armed forces starts to make more sense. Install the personnel that would be loyal when the time comes.

Keep in mind that just because an officer might obey an unlawful order by Obama doesn't mean that the enlisted below him will follow him. Enlisted folks basically follow the same oath, Obama would have to purge more than just the officers.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There actually a Constitutional Amendment limiting any President to only two terms. No president can declare martial law and just keep the White House. That President would be removed at once by court order and then if that President refused, by the military or even the Secret Service. It would require a two thirds vote from the individual states to change that Amendment. While I believe this President would love to stay on and do more harm, he does not have that option. Thank God.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Obama has never even been in a school yard fist fight. He is a moral and physical coward. His mo is lies, subtle backdoor corruption and more lies.

He simply does not have the balls...
He might be a marxist but he ain't no Joe Stalin. Not by a long shot.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
By then he might have things so screwed up and he will be so frustrated by lack of support from his own party as they seek distance from him he will probably run out of the Whitehouse like his azzzzzz is on fire.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
He might be a marxist but he ain't no Joe Stalin. Not by a long shot.

^^^This.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there have been a lot of hints, information leaking about military commanders, secret armies and the like.
The coup d'etat has already taken place. Nothing left but the details now.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He does control the nuclear football. That is what is scary.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Lately I have been thinking he might waste himself and leave us with Biden.Obama is that cowardly.Not able to face reality.
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
By then he might have things so screwed up and he will be so frustrated by lack of support from his own party as they seek distance from him he will probably run out of the Whitehouse like his azzzzzz is on fire.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
there have been a lot of hints, information leaking about military commanders, secret armies and the like.
The coup d'etat has already taken place. Nothing left but the details now.

His head hunting across the board of all the services officer corps is well documented and disturbing. I could be wrong.

But at the end of the day, if the balloon does in fact go up, it would probably be a relief to actually square off and get at it.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think οΏ½ is more likely to leave early, and go pout.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

there is no mechanism I know of, to remove the President if he decides to just stay there. Now the Congress and Courts would go ballistic, but...........

Tar and feathers along with a knotty rail should still be highly effective Sam...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just NOW some of you guys are coming to the conclusion Obama isn't going to leave office? And you all thought I was a KOOK!

Liberalism is a religion, government is the God, and Obama and minions are the high priests. If it looks like the religion is under attack he'll stay with plenty of support from all including the people.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Just NOW some of you guys are coming to the conclusion Obama isn't going to leave office? And you all thought I was a KOOK!

Liberalism is a religion, government is the God, and Obama and minions are the high priests. If it looks like the religion is under attack he'll stay with plenty of support from all including the people.

Can I call you a kook when he leaves office? smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Can I call you a kook when he leaves office? smile

You sure can and I hope I'm dead wrong and he does leave office. The fact is that from day one the office of president has been an office of dictatorship it's just that for the most part our presidents have voluntarily left office. Any president who wishes to stay in office for life can do so as long as he has the support of the Praetorian Guard.

Our constitutional republic is based on the ancient Roman model and we all know what happened to ancient Rome.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 1,635 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.