Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GFY. I am not I'll-tempered.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, I'll wager a six pack of Bent Nail IPA's that TAK is our new drone expert CrackaJack85..

That now makes 4 user names for the loser.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
(As here. I'm following a post by Bristoe,

This dude holds a grudge.

Back in 2006 I inadvertently farted while posting in one of his threads,..and he ain't got over it yet.

grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

You certainly have ME cased,....I really have no backround whatsoever with "Woodsy" or "Outdoorsy Stuff".

I'd bloody well like to throw you some ROPE, a bad Packhorse, and some panniers, you deluded and mis-informed idiot.

GTC

All of which you listed are to me, "Outdoorsy Stuff"

BTW, unless you have a hayburner in your living room I'm thinking that you spend a fair amount of time under the wild blue skies. Could be wrong tho'.

Have another beer or whatever it is that you're on.

Last edited by 284LUVR; 07/05/14.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By: Duckdog
It's not that hard...
Anyone who has access to the control panel here knows who they are unless they're running on a proxy.
If they're signing in on one name, and then signing in on another from the same computer or ip it will notify the admin or moderators.

On some dial up ISP's you get a different IP each time you log on.

Someone who considered themselves to be a "hacker" thought they were "tracking" me once and said I was in Kansas

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
GFY. I am not I'll-tempered.

Well, one out of four... wink

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It's simple.

Implicit deny.

Deny access to everything that you don't give explicit access to.

That prevents proxies

You can end up banning way more than your target when you do that.

I use a hotspot for internet, and it has only a few nationwide IP addresses. If someone dicks up in Maine using the same service IP address, and it gets a ban in that manner, I am also banned.

One chopped off head could result in many, many bannings of innocent posters. (Not that I'm THAT innocent, I just don't have Multiple Personality Disorder like several here do...) laugh

I wouldn't do it by IP. Like you said, that's too broad.

MAC addresses work alot better.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted By: Duckdog
It's not that hard...
Anyone who has access to the control panel here knows who they are unless they're running on a proxy.
If they're signing in on one name, and then signing in on another from the same computer or ip it will notify the admin or moderators.

On some dial up ISP's you get a different IP each time you log on.

Someone who considered themselves to be a "hacker" thought they were "tracking" me once and said I was in Kansas

Yes, that's true,...but I'll guarantee you, if the Admin here has the right switch flipped, (notify me when someone accesses multiple accounts)
he's getting notices that say,...
"Bob' has signed in under John' previously"

It's not so much of pin pointing your location, it's if someone else logs in with the exact same ip address that another account has signed in with.
I've never witnessed it as just a "fluke".
The funniest thing, is as an admin, watching these people who THINK they're being sneaky! wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just my opinion, but I think Rick allows it for the most part because the sock-puppets and trolls stirring up the turds is good for an increase in traffic/posts. Which in turn makes him $$. The more hits/traffic and posts to the Campfire allows him to sell advertising for a nice chunk of change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
It's simple.

Implicit deny.

Deny access to everything that you don't give explicit access to.

That prevents proxies

You can end up banning way more than your target when you do that.

I use a hotspot for internet, and it has only a few nationwide IP addresses. If someone dicks up in Maine using the same service IP address, and it gets a ban in that manner, I am also banned.

One chopped off head could result in many, many bannings of innocent posters. (Not that I'm THAT innocent, I just don't have Multiple Personality Disorder like several here do...) laugh

I wouldn't do it by IP. Like you said, that's too broad.

MAC addresses work alot better.

True, but irrelevant here. The MAC address of your MAC card that is placed in a packet traveling over a network gets replaced when it arrives at the next device. So, when that packet gets to your router, the router's MAC address replaces yours. When it gets to the ISP's router, your routers MAC is replaced with the ISP's. This happens over and over all the way to the destination. If you're ever curious about how many different routers your packets go through to reach the Campfire you can go to your command prompt and run a trace route command. You'll see all of the routers and IP addresses of them that your packets go through to get here. So, while your MAC address does uniquely identify your computer, it's not something that is usable on another network to identify you.

The Campfire needs a different registration process. One where the user provides their phone number. Upon submitting the registration, a text is sent to the phone with an access code.

The user must enter that access code to confirm their identity. This ties the account to that number. Limit one account per number.

People are far less likely to have a multitude of cell phones.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could always just make people enter a credit card at registration as a means of validating their identity.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Just my opinion, but I think Rick allows it for the most part because the sock-puppets and trolls stirring up the turds is good for an increase in traffic/posts. Which in turn makes him $$. The more hits/traffic and posts to the Campfire allows him to sell advertising for a nice chunk of change.
and it provides entertainment.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I actually agree with you, Bob. Imagine that... smile

There is no reason for grown men to assume another identity. Even on the internet.

As far as the harm they can do to site goes, well...credible members that contribute to the site will often just fade away and not participate. Thus rendering the majority of threads being dominated by the very ones that ran them off. It's just not good business.

You are aware that Shearer has changed his moniker from RISJR to Isaac, his middle name, aren't you?

Don't forget that Isaac was an active principal in Obama's reelection.

Most of all, Isaac is one of the bottom feeding lawyers who makes blood money destroying families. Other lawyers have no use for divorce lawyers. And he's a divorce lawyer because he can't practice legitimate law.

In essence, the king of Hanes sock puppets is none other than over-the-calf Isaac.

Last edited by SansSouci; 07/06/14.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you scumbag sack of chit Bob changed his user name to RISJR , to honor his father when he passed. his user name has always been Isaac, except for that short period of time. you want to be a douche bag more power to you but get your facts strait .

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SansSouci
I actually agree with you, Bob. Imagine that... smile

There is no reason for grown men to assume another identity. Even on the internet.

As far as the harm they can do to site goes, well...credible members that contribute to the site will often just fade away and not participate. Thus rendering the majority of threads being dominated by the very ones that ran them off. It's just not good business.

[Linked Image]

That's what I thought you said laguna.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So, you are saying that a sock puppet created a thread bitching about sock puppets?

Where would the reasoning be behind that?

Changing a user name isn't the same has having multiple identities to post continually under, depending on the mood of the puppet master.

Most lawyers do vote democrat. That is a fact. They do that out of wanting job security. Conservatives are the ones that vote for tort reform. Liberals want to sue everyone for everything... So even if they happen to BE conservatives, they still vote democrat. wink

Bob and I have had our disagreements. But, as he said, they were straightforward disagreements and debate. No deception needed or wanted.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you scumbag sack of chit Bob changed his user name to RISJR , to honor his father when he passed. his user name has always been Isaac, except for that short period of time. you want to be a douche bag more power to you but get your facts strait .

Spot on...Bob has never tried to hide who he is, what he does & where he does it...sansucky not so much.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter

The facts are, stxhunter, is that Bob did change his name. Why he changed it is immaterial to fact that he did.

As for me, I screwed up my email verification when I changed email accounts due to an ISP change.

I rehabbed a very serious injury and no longer needed a diversion. When I returned, I had forgotten my user name and password. And when I'm done rehabbing my most current injury, I'll out enjoying my life. In fact, I hope to spend a lot of next month in the Eastern Sierra chasing trout.

And the fact, Mr. Straight Fact, is I have never, ever attempted to conceal a damned thing.

Show me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. If you call Bob friend, you need a new picker unless, of course, you're a liberal, neocon, RINO just like Bob. That, Mr. Straight Fact, is another fact.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laguna was a fugging retard, so rehab hasn't done much for you has it?

Sean
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by SansSouci

Show me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. If you call Bob friend, you need a new picker unless, of course, you're a liberal, neocon, RINO just like Bob. That, Mr. Straight Fact, is another fact.

FACT! Whoever said it.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10ring1, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,071
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.