Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by isaac
Isaac, you're confused. Do just a little research on Dispensationalism and your confusion will resolve.

=========

When you are able to read and understand publications other than those authored by "Prison Planet" or Lew Rockwell, I might not laugh at your perception of confusion. In the meanwhile, I'm laughing my ass off.
Read this. It will take ten minutes and will clear up a lot for you.

TRH;
Dispensationalism is a whole body of beliefs and taken as a whole I would almost agree that it is new and gained momentum in the late 1800's and early 1900's and down to today. I am not a dispensationalist.

Nonetheless you err greatly because chiliasm is found in the ante-nicene writers and others.

http://knightword.wordpress.com/201...alism-and-chiliasm-in-the-patristic-age/

Some of the Reformers being sycophant slaves to Augustine rejected chiliasm too, but any honest objective student must affirm the good and reject the bad of any man.

There are still promises to Israel after the flesh and it is not a deep and hard hair splitting debate; it is on the surface of the text and any serious student of Isaiah and the minor prophets knows this.

Last edited by Robert_White; 07/07/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Robert_White
There are still promises to Israel after the flesh and it is not a deep and hard hair splitting debate; it is on the surface of the text and any serious student of Isaiah and the minor prophets knows this.
You should interpret the Old Testament in light of the New, not the other way around.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You should interpret the Old Testament in light of the New, not the other way around.

why? because one followed the other?

does that open the door for further heresies/truth?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Isaac, do you have much love in your heart for the Soviet Union that murdered so many millions of innocent people? How about the Ottomans who murdered so many millions of innocent people? Love is an obligation, for sure, but not divorced from the truth. Besides, the obligation of love isn't meant for states, but for individuals.

Hawkeye, here�s where you and I disagree. An individual can�t stop the Soviets or Ottomans (or any other tyrannical government) from murdering people; that requires the intervention of a non-tyrannical government.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Gus

why? because one followed the other?

does that open the door for further heresies/truth?

The revelation of God is progressive. The types/shadows of the OT have more light she'd upon them in the NT.

Interpretation is always fraught with danger.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Uriah
Isaac, do you have much love in your heart for the Soviet Union that murdered so many millions of innocent people? How about the Ottomans who murdered so many millions of innocent people? Love is an obligation, for sure, but not divorced from the truth. Besides, the obligation of love isn't meant for states, but for individuals.

Hawkeye, here�s where you and I disagree. An individual can�t stop the Soviets or Ottomans (or any other tyrannical government) from murdering people; that requires the intervention of a non-tyrannical government.
I asked him if he withheld his love from the old Soviet Union or the Ottomans? Said nothing about stopping anything. He's suggesting that to tell the truth about evil is a withholding of love that's due.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I asked him if he withheld his love from the old Soviet Union or the Ottomans? Said nothing about stopping anything. He's suggesting that to tell the truth about evil is a withholding of love that's due.

Well I didn�t mean to be bringing Isaac into the discussion but rather meant it as a continuation of our prior discussion regarding the just role of a state in international affairs.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Uriah

Well I didn�t mean to be bringing Isaac into the discussion but rather meant it as a continuation of our prior discussion regarding the just role of a state in international affairs.
Different thread. Different topic.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by IndigoPawn
Originally Posted by isaac
Horrible shelf life with your meds, screwball.

You must wear a bib throughout much of your day.

MAKE ME A LIST OF THE PEOPLE YOU WANT ME TO GET.

Will do but 1st, learn how to use the Shift key.

thanks. this is much better. caps makes me seem so emotional.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Because it is a FACT most of the Palestinians were killed as a result of offensive actions (right or wrong is beyond the scope of this debate) against Israeli targets/people, whereas the Israelis were victims of targeted attacks against passive populations, i.e. rocket attacks, IEDs, bombs in restaurants, mass transit, etc. Further, a lot of the Palestinians were collateral damage and NOT ONE of the Israelis were. They were specifically targeted. Not hard to understand Raisuli...

jorge,

You have no clue of what are facts. You know only what talking heads have told you and what you've read in print media. Facts cannot be discerned from such sources. In fact, such sources, at best, are hearsay.

For decades, Israel has been staging criminal acts and blaming them on Palestinians in order to justify an illegitimate response that includes murder and seizing of more land.

Israel's crimes, including murder of Palestinian and goyim children are instigated by its Rabbis.

I have no clue whether every killed Palestinian child was an Israeli murder. However, killing kids who have allegedly thrown rocks at armed Israeli soldiers is not only not justifiable, it does not make sense. Do you believe that a Palestinian kid would throw rocks at Israeli soldiers knowing that soldiers would respond by killing them? Does that make sense to you? Do you believe that IDF soldiers have dressed as Palestinians, and as so dressed thrown rocks at other IDF soldiers in order to justify murdering Palestinians?

Israel took the Golan Heights because it needed it as a source of potable water. It fabricated an attack that illegitimately justified its response of seizing its desired land.

Last edited by SansSouci; 07/07/14.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Robert White,

You're right: scriptures are clear:

So that the land will not spew you out, should you defile it, as it has spewed out the nation which has been before you.
---Leviticus 18:28

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
---John 14:6

�They are not all Israel who are of Israel.� The true Israel are the Christians who have embraced the coming of the Messiah Jesus. The false Israel are the Jews who rejected the coming of the Messiah Jesus."
---St Paul wrote in his Epistle to the Romans

John Wesley pointed out that those who corrupt the scriptures do so by adding to or taking away. In his instance you take away. Here is the side of the coin you are willfully blind to:

http://www.mysouthland.com/images/D...eplaced%20the%20nation%20of%20Israel.pdf

Robert, I am well aware of corrupting scriptures, for I can easily allege your doing same. However, in my post, I've corrupted nothing, for I cut & pasted verbatim from the Bible. So if I've cut & pasted verbatim from the Bible, how could that be interpreted as corruption unless, of course, you're alleging the Bible is corrupt.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Isaac,

Why are you prone to avoid gist of posts and transitioning to spurious attacks of posters? When you lack intellectual ability, you resort to childish tactics.

Here's what I do know. Most divorce lawyers hate their jobs. Judges hate family law assignments. They can't wait to be transferred to criminal court. But since divorce attorneys lack ability to practice what, for lack of better term, is legitimate law; e.g., corporate, patent, tax, their paucity of legal skills leave them in the realm of destroying families and speciously calling it justice.

Most family law lawyers I know are miserable and heavy drinkers. I guess living the lie of meting out justice where destruction reigns would cause those with a tiny conscience to attempt to wash away guilt with booze. Is this where you're coming from? Or does lucidity merely escape you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Think about it. He is the type of person that, with all the industry available, selects the one the breaks a sacred trust in the name of personal gain. Tells you everything you need to know.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The way you corrupt the word of God is that you omit any reference that contradicts your replacement theology.

Such as Isaiah 11:
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Hosea 3:4-5 -

4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days

Last edited by Robert_White; 07/07/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The way you corrupt the word of God is that you omit any reference that contradicts your replacement theology.

Such as Isaiah 11:
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:

5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days
If you're interpreting passages of the Old Testament in ways that contradict their New Testament explanations, then I find it hard to consider you a Christian.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
there's so many different worlds, so many different suns, and we have just one world, but we live in different ones.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Those all fit well within the framework of covenant theology because covenant theology is the least inaccurate representation of Biblical truth.

You should better study the New Testament. Earlier in this thread I posts important passages in the NT's ecclesiology. Before one can construct an eschatology one must construct an ecclesiology.

One of the major problems with Dispensationalism is how it was founded upon eschatology with its ecclesiology to follow. Basic hermeneutics have it that one interprets the less clear in light of the more.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Such as Isaiah 11:

If you're interpreting passages of the Old Testament in ways that contradict their New Testament explanations, then I find it hard to consider you a Christian.

Whoa easy there. We all have blind spots. We're fallen. Grace reaches farther than our ability to understand.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by efw
But what does the Scripture say? �Cast out the slave woman and her son, for the son of the slave woman shall not inherit with the son of the free woman.�

Hey, now wait a minute. Is that fair?

Like I say to my children, "life ain't fair".

Imagine, God directing the punishment of a man because his mother was taken in slavery and raped.

Imagine God directing the punishment of every person on earth because one of them ate the wrong piece of fruit.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Isaac,

Why are you prone to avoid gist of posts and transitioning to spurious attacks of posters? When you lack intellectual ability, you resort to childish tactics.

Here's what I do know. Most divorce lawyers hate their jobs. Judges hate family law assignments. They can't wait to be transferred to criminal court. But since divorce attorneys lack ability to practice what, for lack of better term, is legitimate law; e.g., corporate, patent, tax, their paucity of legal skills leave them in the realm of destroying families and speciously calling it justice.

Most family law lawyers I know are miserable and heavy drinkers. I guess living the lie of meting out justice where destruction reigns would cause those with a tiny conscience to attempt to wash away guilt with booze. Is this where you're coming from? Or does lucidity merely escape you?

============

I wish I represented the trannies you married out California way. How many retainers could I have received with all of your names? Helping meth-head trannies divorce a screwball is one thing but getting a quadruple retainer for all your assumed identities would be a windfall.

You'd blow your brains out before letting me have my shot at further crippling a mental cripple.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.