GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
your choice of roll models is poor

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The breed doesn't matter. What was the justification? Did the dog actually leave the van? It's not clear from the story. "Lunged out of the window" could have a meaning other than departing the van via the window. In neither case, however, was there necessarily a justification if all it was doing was barking, i.e., didn't have the opportunity or intention to bite.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck proving or disproving a dog's intentions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most cops are just plain stupid.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pira114
Good luck proving or disproving a dog's intentions.
Reasonable people familiar with dogs can tell the difference between aggressive barking, invitations to play, and an attempt to harm. Only the last of these would justify lethal force, and only if opportunity existed at the time. If the dog was inside the car, even if he did attempt to bite, a shooting would be unjustified by the standard of any reasonable person, because 1) you shouldn't stick your head into someone else's car without permission apart from the most extreme circumstances, and 2) if the dog remained in the car he was where he had a right to be (having been placed there by his owner).

I would like a clarification whether the dog actually left the vehicle.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
that's true

lots are even dumber

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's amazing how these dog shootings result in one shot kills.

Were a dog actually moving its head/body in an attempt to attack, it's unlikely they'd all be CNS'd.

Apparently the dog killers have the time to draw and carefully aim.

Reminds one of all the drivers shot while trying to "run over" a LEO.

Amazing dexterity and marksmanship.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And there are those that wonder why people don't always come to the aid of a police officer.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Reasonable people

Key words to the situation.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
seems to be an immediate cya going on. Pit bull aggressive etc.
there has to be better training.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Posted this earlier today but it didn't include this picture.
Gimmie a break! The windows isn't even down, apparently the dog was shot through the glass

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
FTP

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, through the glass?

One of the giveaway statements is "distraught following the incidence". It isn't a reasonable response for the justified killing of a simple dog. Its a reaction given by a person who is worried about his fate on a poor or intentional risky decision.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/10/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
almost bet he approached with weapon drawn.

I have to back away from this one. I have two Labs and I live close. fact I was in coeur D'Alene today to the dentist.

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/10/14.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker

I have to back away from this one. I have two Labs and I live close. fact I was in coeur D'Alene today to the dentist.

Didn't read it didja?

When an officer approached the van with his gun drawn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by deerstalker

Didn't read it didja?

When an officer approached the van with his gun drawn

read it, but have crs.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He actually shot the dog while it was locked in its own car and unable to pose any risk. Has killing dogs become the cop version of black's 'Knockout Game' and do they award each other extra points for the blatancy of their atrocities?

The first step is to demand that the CdA police fully ID the idiot cop that shot the lab in his car then lied about the breed and circumstances. The Panhandle is very dog friendly country.

[Linked Image]

Remember from the story about Dooley whining about citizens shaming and shunning him everywhere he went after his shooting Candy the cow dog that citizens can use shaming and shunning to good and quick effect to begin to get justice directly and to pressure CYA inclined officials.

[Linked Image]

Its time to get justice for Arfie no matter how officialdom lies and stalls.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I shoot the damn armadillo that is excavating my back yard with a 22 short, I'll have a huge [bleep] come down on me for recklessly discharging a firearm inside the city limits. But, there are folks who can draw their gun in public, approach a suspicious looking white van (wow, how many of those are there) and shoot a dog in its owners property.

I don't get the whole thing. Hell, pull up run the plates and check the van and owner out. Caller calls in a suspicious van. Hardly reason to approach with gun drawn.

I met a cop the other day. I was driving home from the ranch and wasn't paying attention to my speed. Normally, I try to stick to the posted speed limit even though my foot tends to be a bit heavy. Cruise control helps me a lot. Very hot day and I was enjoying the AC after a hot day. He's coming in the opposite lane and lights me up. I pull over and get out necessary documents and have them at the window when he walks up. On the passenger seat is a Glock 17, a 1911 and an AR15. He walks up to the window, takes a look at my paperwork, glances at the passenger seat and asks if there is an emergency. I said there was no emergency that I wasn't paying attention to the speedometer and enjoying the AC. I guess I looked like I hadn't enjoyed the AC all day because he tells me to pay attention on my way home and to have a nice day. I thanked him and did just that.

How's that for Police/Citizen interaction? Win win. Where does this other mindset come from that dictates that the police cut a swath of destruction wherever they go. If someone, anyone (even me sometimes) walks in my back yard they are going to get barked at. Depending on the day, they may even get treed. Nobody thinks that shooting the dogs is a good idea. I seldom see any pro-"shoot the dog" comments from anyone (non-police) after these events.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
Posted this earlier today but it didn't include this picture.
Gimmie a break! The windows isn't even down, apparently the dog was shot through the glass

[Linked Image]

There you have it. The answer to my question, and a confirmation of my suspicions, i.e., the cop shot a dog that was contained in the owner's car. Outrageous! Is there nowhere any longer where an owner can leave his dog where it's safe from being shot by a cop?? mad

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 260Remguy, 62 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,909
Posts18,518,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.