Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
smokepole,

You really have trouble seeing the big picture.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drones aren't banned for private use, they are banned for use scouting big game. There are many restrictions placed on modern wildlife management and we accept them for the most part. So the sky is not falling, and Hitler is not coming for you.

When the use of technology for hunting goes past the point of fair chase, then it's time to bring that balance back in line. Sometimes that line is hard to evaluate, but it's not all that hard if your an old guy.

Laws to control the take on the public resource are not tough to take, that is IF your not relying on that technology to be successful and have figured out that good woodsman ship skills superseded all that tecky BS.

Last edited by 4100fps; 07/12/14.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hitler is not coming for you.

it's time to bring that balance back in line. Sometimes that line is hard to evaluate, but it's not all that hard if your an old guy.

Laws to control the take on the public resource are not tough to take,

No using dogs for bears. No using dogs for cats. No using lead for bird hunting. No using lead for big game hunting. Thumbhole stocks banned. Magazine capacity limited. No expanding broadheads. No lighted knocks. No rangefinded attached to a bow. No leg hold traps. Etc. Etc. When will optics be outlawed?

They want to control people, not nature.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Hitler is not coming for you.

it's time to bring that balance back in line. Sometimes that line is hard to evaluate, but it's not all that hard if your an old guy.

Laws to control the take on the public resource are not tough to take,

No using dogs for bears. No using dogs for cats. No using lead for bird hunting. No using lead for big game hunting. Thumbhole stocks banned. Magazine capacity limited. No expanding broadheads. No lighted knocks. No rangefinded attached to a bow. No leg hold traps. Etc. Etc. When will optics be outlawed?

They want to control people, not nature.

Like I said, many of us (sportsman) support restrictions that keep our hunting seasons in place and opportunity high.

Many sportsman don't support the use of dogs for chasing bear, or lion. Personally I feel dogs are a necessity for lions, although many in Oregon, and Washington are taken without now. Almost as many as before the ban.

If the restrictions are self imposed by US (sportsman), and only for the good of the resource I'm usually a supporter. I never want to see those restrictions coming from initiative ballot. Like I said, drones aren't taken away for every use, just for scouting big game.

Do you think we should allow all new technology that comes down the pike for pursuing big game? If so, be prepared for a very short season structure in every state.

Remember these restrictions don't take away any rights, you can use them for other purposes if you desire too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
smokepole,

You really have trouble seeing the big picture.

No, it's just that some people can't paint.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Laffin'. The young man has obviously had to save his paper route money to buy his expensive toy and now the states are passing laws to prohibit them to be used for hunting. Should've used your superior education and thought this one through a little more before you spent your life savings.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Many sportsman don't support the use of dogs for chasing bear,

My suggestion to them is don't use dogs, then.

although many in Oregon, and Washington are taken without now. Almost as many as before the ban.

Why is it I don't believe this?

I never want to see those restrictions coming from initiative ballot.

They should come from biologists, not even uneducated sportsmen.

Do you think we should allow all new technology that comes down the pike for pursuing big game?

Just like I think everyone who can afford to purchase a Swarovski or Freedom Arms should be allowed to purchase and use what they want. Only a few will do it.

Remember these restrictions don't take away any rights,

Rights and privileges are different. They cut into freedom.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
SS, your contention that banning drones could lead to the end of hunting is so far-fetched as to be incredible. It's much more likely that allowing them would lead to the end of hunting.

smokepole,

It might be a good idea were you to know strategies of anti-hunters. You might want to take a look at PETA's Website. I'm good with what you want to believe, but it would be the essence of naivete to assume that those who want to BAN ALL HUNTING do not have strategies.

You fall right in to their trap when you openly and on a public hunting forum castigate fellow hunters.
This article is replete with anti-hunting propaganda, not to mention it fuels the growing hatred for a kid who loves hunting. Don't think for a second that anti-hunters won't use it to their advantage.

Before you spout off your opinion about why you think hunters who use drones ought to be vilified, you damned well ought to know why some hunters might want to use them.

I have no use for drones for spotting big game. But I'd be foolish to foist my OPINION upon others w/o knowing FACTS.

Believe me, anti-hunters in CA are winning one law at a time. No mountain lion hunting, all copper bullets for all big game hunting, no dogs while bear hunting...what shall we concede next?

You would be wise to know your enemy and its strategy before spouting your opinion.

Explain this for me: since hunting guides use spotters before seasons begin so they'll know where game is, how is that any different than using a drone since they both accomplish the same thing? If you want drones outlawed, how what would be your argument denying a proposed ban of spotters?

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by 4100fps
When the use of technology for hunting goes past the point of fair chase, then it's time to bring that balance back in line. Sometimes that line is hard to evaluate, but it's not all that hard if your an old guy.

Sounds like your "old guy" brain is full of cobwebs and Alzheimer's plaques, you dumb coot.

Taking along 4 or 5 of your hunting buddies and having them glass for game on a hilltop with binoculars is MUCH MORE a violation of "fair chase" to the poor animals than using a drone.

Maybe your hillbilly pea brain needs to learn to evaluate a situation with some basic common sense instead of lecturing vastly smarter folks like me about your "old guy" sensibilities.

laugh

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by 4100fps
If the restrictions are self imposed by US (sportsman), and only for the good of the resource I'm usually a supporter. I never want to see those restrictions coming from initiative ballot. Like I said, drones aren't taken away for every use, just for scouting big game.

Not a single hillbilly tard in here has given even a half-assed reasonable explanation of how drones are "unethical" or not in the interest of "fair sport".

If your hunting buddy stands on a hilltop and uses binoculars to spot some game and then runs to your location and tells you where he spotted the game --- that is unethical to me and anyone with a functioning cortex, but yet it's legal in all 50 states. So why would a drone doing the EXACT SAME THING be unethical or illegal? Who cares if it's got a battery or a circuit board in it --- so do laser rangefinders and game cameras but those are perfectly legal in all 50 states.

The hypocrisy and double-speak is so thick with some of you hunting "purists" that I can't help but vomit in my mouth a little thinking about dysfunctional your pea brains are LOL.

laugh

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Laffin'. The young man has obviously had to save his paper route money to buy his expensive toy and now the states are passing laws to prohibit them to be used for hunting. Should've used your superior education and thought this one through a little more before you spent your life savings.

I guess that was your best attempt at a joke --- but sadly, your sense of humor is stuck in 1971 just like your perception of modern hunting technology, ya old weird coot.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Explain this for me: since hunting guides use spotters before seasons begin so they'll know where game is, how is that any different than using a drone since they both accomplish the same thing? If you want drones outlawed, how what would be your argument denying a proposed ban of spotters

Jesus H. Christ --- someone in here actually is using common sense and deductive reasoning?

Be careful though, fella --- logical thinking is the wolf's bane of retarded old coots like "Pole-Smoker" and others of his ilk.

laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many sportsman don't support the use of dogs for chasing bear,

My suggestion to them is don't use dogs, then.

although many in Oregon, and Washington are taken without now. Almost as many as before the ban.

Why is it I don't believe this?

Not sure, do people always lie to you?

I never want to see those restrictions coming from initiative ballot.

They should come from biologists, not even uneducated sportsmen.

Do you think we should allow all new technology that comes down the pike for pursuing big game?

Just like I think everyone who can afford to purchase a Swarovski or Freedom Arms should be allowed to purchase and use what they want. Only a few will do it.

Remember these restrictions don't take away any rights,

Rights and privileges are different. They cut into freedom.

Just a few minutes of looking around. I believe opportunity for all was increased with the hound season being dropped. Longer seasons, and more tag sales.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Crackhead, I'm a ways from being "an old Coot".
So with 24 posts on 24 hrs, you start by throwing out a plethora of insults to all those that disagree with your opinion. I feel sorry for anyone that can't grasp the obvious.

If you had half the firing brains cells your profess to have you'd know the reasons why drones are banned. (For hunting purposes). Your still free to gather one up and use it however you want. Let freedom ring cowboy. Just stay away from hunting with it. A large percentage of sportsman in the states that have banned them agree with me. I guess being in the minority suits you.

Your obvious lack of personal skills tells me your a internet tough guy, maybe even a anti hunter looking for entertainment.

You obviously don't know much about glassing game to think that your view is the same as a drone with a camera. Drones can look down, which clears out lots of obstacles. It will get up close and personal to what ever it is your looking at. You can even fly over a ridge or mountain and look those over too without ever leaving the comfort of your base camp.

The banning of drones will continue to spread, thank god for those old dumb coots making up the rules to keep our opportunities to hunt in tact.

Good thing those miserable freedom haters (You know, like Teddy Roosevelt) at the turn of century banned spotlighting, shooting game from planes, trains and automobiles, banned market hunting, enacted hunting seasons and game bag limits etc, or we wouldn't have a damn thing to argue about. You would feel more free to shoot off your big mouth.

Oh the shame of it all. Laffin!

Must suck to be you.

Last edited by 4100fps; 07/15/14.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
SS: congratulations, you and cranka-yanka make a great team, a veritable dynamic duo.

Do you flip a coin to see who gets to wear the batman pajamas?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
smokepole,

Did you choose your moniker because you wise liberals out there in Whackyrado can buy chronic & go home in stuff in in their smokepoles and inhale?

How many blunts do you do before you commence to posting?

Whackyrado is one of a few states that have CA liberals beat when it comes to being whacky.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey whackyrado,

Other than drones being mobile, how are they different than game cameras? If drones are outlawed, using your (il)logic about electronic technology, shouldn't game cameras be illegal as well?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sans Cerveau: How are they different? Do I really need to explain this to you?

They're aircraft. It's always been illegal to use aircraft to spot game and relay the information to hunters on the ground.

This is nothing new, yet you and cranka yanka seem to be surprised by this sudden "turn of events."

It's actually quite funny to watch.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SansSouci
I'm good with what you want to believe, but it would be the essence of naivete to assume that those who want to BAN ALL HUNTING do not have strategies.

You fall right in to their trap when you openly and on a public hunting forum castigate fellow hunters.

Sans Cerveau: First of all, I am not castigating fellow hunters, let's get that straight. Using drones is illegal, so my fellow hunters are not using them. If you know some hunters who are using them, I'm sure your state fish and wildlife agency would like to know about it. By not reporting them, you're complicit.

Second, I understand the strategies of anti-hunting organizations very well, but obviously you don't. Their primary strategy is to influence the undecided majority in the middle, those who neither hunt nor actively oppose hunting. Monitoring hunting websites for honest arguments between hunters does not figure in, and never has.

By coming on here and advocating/defending illegal hunting practices, you would be the one "falling into their trap" and giving them something to use against law-abiding hunters. You and your side-kick are working against honest hunters here, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I find it supremely hypocritical of you to come on here advocating illegal hunting practices, at the same time lecturing me on "falling into the anti's trap." I would call it idiotic, but that would be unfair to IQ-challenged people the world over.

The difference between you and them is that they were born that way. You seem to have to put a lot of effort into it.

As far as the strategies of anti-hunting organizations, I'm more interested in the strategies of organizations and people who are pro-hunting. One of those is to police our own ranks and call out those who would hunt illegally. Another is to educate the general public and promote ethical hunting practices, and yet another is to join and be an active member of conservation organizations that preserve and improve wildlife habitat for all wildlife, not just the species we like to hunt.

I doubt you do any of those, yet you think you can claim the high ground here. You can't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
smokepole,

I have no clue whether drones are illegal for finding game. Can you post a link to a law?

If drones are illegal for finding game, shouldn't game cameras be illegal as well since they are electronic devices that do the same thing? How about a spotter using a handheld radio (cell phone or walkie-talkie) to direct hunters to game? Shouldn't than be illegal?

As I've stated a million times, I have no use for drones. But before I'd support making them illegal, I will damned well know all sides of the issue.

BTW, municipalities are using drones to spy on us. That should be illegal.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1moredeer, 204guy, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 61 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,892
Posts18,497,958
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.