Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
I've also known a few law abiding citizens that speed as well. Calling oneself a Christian does not make it so. Lots of hypocrites in every so called groups of people.

Hypo-christians. I know more of these than true examples.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
The fact that there are false prophets is no surprise to Jesus, and it shouldn't be to us. But to us, it should motivate us to be faithful, and to be found among the "few." Jesus is either everything, or he is nothing. Take your pick as though your life depends on it.

We actually made it more then 10 posts on a religion thread before one the thumpers rolled out the threats.

That's got to be some kind of a record.

Took less for the atheists to roll in with their thoughts. Words like "Jesus", "Church" or "Christians" do draw em in don't they?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Took less for the atheists to roll in with their thoughts.

Please point out the "atheists" who posted.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by RJY66
Took less for the atheists to roll in with their thoughts.

Please point out the "atheists" who posted.

Please point out the "thumpers" who posted

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You for one.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
You for one.

Well that was easy. Thanks for playing.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The fact that there are false prophets is no surprise to Jesus, and it shouldn't be to us. But to us, it should motivate us to be faithful, and to be found among the "few." Jesus is either everything, or he is nothing. Take your pick as though your life depends on it.

We actually made it more then 10 posts on a religion thread before one the thumpers rolled out the threats.

Don't know if I'm a thumper or not. Do I have to threaten to qualify?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hey guys, you owe it to yourself to hear that guy out, he has some real good things to say about the christians and why so many of us fail while trying, and why we look bad to non-believers. He truly gets it. I think this message will probably resonate with most of you. Give him a chance.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is this gonna be the battle of the thumpers.

Quite a few lately.

I can address one or a few points at a time, but already there is so much wrong posted already, I can't even begin to address it all. You either believe or you don't. Just keep in mind that scandal is a sin, not only for the scandalous, but the scandalized as well.

Just FYI, the incidence of divorce among religious couples who pray together every day and practice Natural Family Planning is less than 1%. Faith works.

There's really not much wrong with church. However, there is a lot wrong with people. Church is like a hospital - it's for the sick (all of us). If you think you are too good for church, you're probably wrong.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well in my experience we get church and Christianity confused to a large degree. Church as in congregational organizations of various denominations that we generally know is largely a human organization and is fraught with human failings, i.e. big business, petty jealousy etc. Christianity on the other hand is a completely different thing which is a belief that Jesus was the true son of God , that he gave his life on Calvary for the remission of our sins and that he arose on the 3rd day in victory over death. He provided us with tenants of how we should strive to live our lives but in the end given our human frailty to measure up to these tenants it is through his sacrifice and resurrection that ultimately reconciles us with God.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Pointing out that Jesus would agree with a critic of Christianity makes one a "thumper"?
Threats? Where? Is saying "Take your pick as though your life depends on it" a threat? You could say the same about buying a car, or choosing a physician. People make such choices all the time.

Someone has a thin skin.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apologies to all if necessary. It seems to me that the people who quote their bible here on the forums with a fair degree of regularity are more sensitive than most of us her that don't quote the good book as much.

Also if you don't walk the walk you are damned forever and Catholics have taken a real beating here at times by those godlike people.

That's just plain wrong.

In our rural area clustered with many small churches they just don't play well with each other.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by arkypete
It's my observation that religion is a money making business, selling salvation. I seldom see church leaders living humbly and in poverty.
The major religions, Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran. Methodist, etc are major tax exept corporations with the local churchs as franchises.

Jim

What makes you think God wants his children to live in poverty?

Money doesn't equal sin. As long is the pride of life, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, isn't a motivating factor in your life, God wants to bless you abundantly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something about the "sweat of his brow"

Some jobs pay better than others and ye reap what you sow.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

So she came back as a cow.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html

I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus. But if you ever travel amidst the Hindu people you will see that Christian missionaries built all the good schools and hospitals and health clinics.

The original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolution were overwhelmingly descendants of persecuted Protestants from England, Scotland and France. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution. If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?

Last edited by Robert_White; 07/14/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bangeye
Well in my experience we get church and Christianity confused to a large degree. Church as in congregational organizations of various denominations that we generally know is largely a human organization and is fraught with human failings, i.e. big business, petty jealousy etc. Christianity on the other hand is a completely different thing which is a belief that Jesus was the true son of God , that he gave his life on Calvary for the remission of our sins and that he arose on the 3rd day in victory over death. He provided us with tenants of how we should strive to live our lives but in the end given our human frailty to measure up to these tenants it is through his sacrifice and resurrection that ultimately reconciles us with God.

Based on my research I would say you have right.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Something about the "sweat of his brow"

Some jobs pay better than others and ye reap what you sow.

Yes but "sweat of his brow" is part of the curse. We have been redeemed from the curse. Gal.3:13

Thank God sowing and reaping is still in effect though. I enjoy harvest time!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html

I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus. But if you ever travel amidst the Hindu people you will see that Christian missionaries built all the good schools and hospitals and health clinics.

The original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolution were overwhelmingly descendants of persecuted Protestants from England, Scotland and France. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution. If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?

Ahh so now you paint over the Plymouth witch hunts , hangings for blasphemy, and burning at the stake all in the name of God. How quaint.
By the way, why is it that Christians need a tax free 2 million dollar house of god, when according to your bible the entire outdoors is the house of God. Greed and false Idols perhaps?

Swifty
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Don't know if I'm a thumper or not. Do I have to threaten to qualify?

You are too classy for that, and you've learned along time ago that Pascals Wager is not a convincing argument.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 38 1 2 3 4 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 31 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,066
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.