Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 37 38
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I knew another, deacon of his church, that started banging is step-daughter when she was 14. After his wife found out 5 years later she still stayed with him and he stayed with the church.

Good to see that kind of commitment in people.

as a christian she shoulda beat him to death with a frying pan while he slept and sent him on to the promise land.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by antlers
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html

I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus. But if you ever travel amidst the Hindu people you will see that Christian missionaries built all the good schools and hospitals and health clinics.

The original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolution were overwhelmingly descendants of persecuted Protestants from England, Scotland and France. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution. If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?

Ahh so now you paint over the Plymouth witch hunts , hangings for blasphemy, and burning at the stake all in the name of God. How quaint.
By the way, why is it that Christians need a tax free 2 million dollar house of god, when according to your bible the entire outdoors is the house of God. Greed and false Idols perhaps?

Man! I never saw it that way before...

Lets move away from Christian Western Civilization! It is so horrible! Where do you suggest?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by srwshooter
I knew another, deacon of his church, that started banging is step-daughter when she was 14. After his wife found out 5 years later she still stayed with him and he stayed with the church.

as a christian she shoulda beat him to death with a frying pan while he slept and sent him on to the promise land.

But as a Christian, so long as the vile abuser accept Christ and repents before he dies, he's still going to Heaven.

If however, the abuse caused the child to not believe, she's headed to hell.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Christians' are the biggest detriment to the mission of Christianity.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thou shalt not kill

How many thousands of years has the catholic and protestant Christians violated this commandment in the name of God and Christianity?

Swifty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a person is looking for a clear-cut example - some cookie cutter format - as a basis for explaining, supporting or critiquing Christians and their organizations, it will be a fruitless search. The very nature of Christianity makes it uber easy for critics of Christians to do their thing, and they experience abundant stimulus.

The matter of Christianity is personal - a decision to accept a precious gift and, in turn, to do one's very best to live and serve accoring to commandments and principles laid out in the Word. Attending or being a member of a given organized church is not required, and doing so does not assure that one will be a Christian and/or live according to those tenets.

Church membership and endeavors can be very helpful to those who strive to live as Christians - helpful in both the indiviual and collective senses. But, such outcomes are not a given and it seems clear that some religious-based organizations (churches) not only do not always engender such Christian lives among the members, but that they sometimes espouse and do things that appear to be much the opposite.

No Christian is perfect - all humans are sinners. No church is perfect - churches are composed of sinners. Many people have a difficult time seeing and understanding the difference between a committed Christian life and the life of a church organization.

Many Christians take very seriously their charge to witness to non-believers - to present God's Word and Salvation to people of the world - and they do this in many ways. Some people do not take kindly to such Christian evangelistic efforts - they are offended, insulted, bothered, disinterested, etc. (long list) and many of them react with criticism. This has been foretold - it is to be expected - it comes with the differences.

So, from its beginning Christianity has been the target of critics - a BIG target. Due to the nature of the personal Christian relationship, I find it very difficult to understand how such critics are able to look into the hearts and souls of every Christian in order to find a basis for their broad critiques of Christians en masse. That explanation is left to the critics.

Some Christians seem to relish - feel compelled or commanded - to reply to critics in efforts to prove them wrong or put them down. That may be a worthhwile effort, but in ways that I do not yet understand. Then again, I still have much to learn.

We all have our struggles and failures, and some successes. For those who have not tried it in earnest, it might be helpful to know that the life of a Christian often is a life of constant struggle to live as directed, and it can be very difficult some days. But, it never is difficult because of the work of the critics. It is difficult because of the personal challenges inherent with that solo decision. The gift is free - the journey is not.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thou shalt not kill

How many thousands of years has the catholic and protestant Christians violated this commandment in the name of God and Christianity?

What an ignoramus.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
CCCC ; Thank you! Well said.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by srwshooter

But as a Christian, so long as the vile abuser accept Christ and repents before he dies, he's still going to Heaven.

If however, the abuse caused the child to not believe, she's headed to hell.

There's a lot of messed up people in this world. It just so happens that both father and mother claimed to be Christian in this case.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Thou shalt not kill

What an ignoramus.

Coming from you, that is a compliment. That must put me one step above you. laugh

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Truer words have never been spoken.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Calvin is correct, I've known a few Christains that would never consider the sin of divorce and they stayed married. Sure some lived apart or took regular beatings from their husband, but they were good Christians that never divorced.

Hell, I knew one Christian that stayed with her husband, even though he knocked up one of their daughters.

It's good to see them staying faithful to the sanctity of marriage.

I don't know of anybody like that. All the christians I know are upstanding people, with a few flaws, but in general upstanding people. You must keep far different company than I do.

The reality is that if you get divorced and you go to church, you are in the far minority, despite the lies told that "50% of christians get divorced". It is far from normal. Most people, even unchurched, stay together with their original spouse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thou shalt not kill

Not limited to catholics & protestants. Add many other faiths to the list as well.

God and real estate has been the impetus for killing each other for thousands of years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???
Yeah, it's good to listen to the counsel of wise men and add to our learning.
I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus.
As opposed to those spoken by smug, conceited, elitist 'Christians'. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution.
You mean the ones who came up with all of that good stuff about freedom and all men being created equal...while being slave owners themselves, or endorsing slavery.
If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?
Why don't you, IF you profess to be a 'Christian'...simply do what Jesus commanded and besides loving God with everything you have...also love others as much as you love yourself. Your 'think the way I do and feel the way I do or leave the country' attitude is both predictable and lame.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???
Yeah, it's good to listen to the counsel of wise men and add to our learning.
I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus.
As opposed to those spoken by smug, conceited, elitist 'Christians'. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution.
You mean the ones who came up with all of that good stuff about freedom and all men being created equal...while being slave owners themselves, or endorsing slavery.
If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?
Why don't you, IF you profess to be a 'Christian'...simply do what Jesus commanded and besides loving God with everything you have...also love others as much as you love yourself. Your 'think the way I do and feel the way I do or leave the country' attitude is both predictable and lame.

I should have figured you were a fan of Ghandi, Antlers.
http://www.gandhism.net/gandhiandblacks.php

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mahatma Gandhi

Interestingly, what M.Ghandi liked and did not like is not one whit more important - or noteworthy - than what even the lowest type of human likes or dislikes. It may be the case that what Satan likes/dislikes is much more important than Ghandi's preferences.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Thou shalt not kill

What an ignoramus.

Coming from you, that is a compliment. That must put me one step above you. laugh

No, it puts you at the level of a gullible college freshman retard who's swallowed a twisted lie foisted off on his young skull full of mush. If you didn't feel stupid after you typed that original post you might just be too stupid to live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
I should have figured you were a fan of Ghandi, Antlers.

Originally Posted by BarryC
For better or worse, there are no "civilians" in Iraq or 'Stan. The entire enemy is, by definition, civilian. Kill them all. Their religion makes them the enemy.

Good grief...! Now talk to us some more about morality BarryC.
laffin'

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Antlers, I'm honest about what I say and I take full responsibility. You've never seen me back down from that, have you, azzhole? And I'm not going to because it is the truth - Islam is the enemy of God and everyone else.

But at every turn you reveal yourself to be at best an ignoramus, at worst a hypocritical liar. I think you lie about what you believe because to admit the truth would make you look bad to the retarded friends that you worship.

Give Haywood your best for me. laugh

Islam is a terrorist organization.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Calvin
Calvin is correct, I've known a few Christains that would never consider the sin of divorce and they stayed married. Sure some lived apart or took regular beatings from their husband, but they were good Christians that never divorced.

Hell, I knew one Christian that stayed with her husband, even though he knocked up one of their daughters.

It's good to see them staying faithful to the sanctity of marriage.

I don't know of anybody like that. All the christians I know are upstanding people, with a few flaws, but in general upstanding people. You must keep far different company than I do.

The reality is that if you get divorced and you go to church, you are in the far minority, despite the lies told that "50% of christians get divorced". It is far from normal. Most people, even unchurched, stay together with their original spouse.

I think his point is that those who feel self-righteous over the self-righteousness of others don't know anyone stuck in a crappy & abusive marriage, which makes them EVEN MORE BETTER than the self-righteous who do know such people.

Because, ya know, self-righteousness is the ultimate sin, even to those who think that the idea of sin is only for the self-righteous. crazy

Page 3 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.