Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Hey Antlers, I'm honest about what I say and I take full responsibility. You've never seen me back down from that, have you, azzhole? And I'm not going to because it is the truth - Islam is the enemy of God and everyone else.
But at every turn you reveal yourself to be at best an ignoramus, at worst a hypocritical liar. I think you lie about what you believe because to admit the truth would make you look bad to the retarded friends that you worship.
Give Haywood your best for me. laugh

"Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

You are a prime example.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antlers
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Interestingly, what M.Ghandi liked and did not like is not one whit more important - or noteworthy - than what even the lowest type of human likes or dislikes.
The same can be said of you, or me, or anyone...but we do have historical figures and some importance is placed on many of the wise things they said.
It may be the case that what Satan likes/dislikes is much more important than Ghandi's preferences.Maybe to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unlike you, azzhole, I value the truth.

You know how I know I'm on the right path?

I have your disdain. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Thou shalt not kill

How many thousands of years has the catholic and protestant Christians violated this commandment in the name of God and Christianity?

Men who rewrote Gods word said that. HE said thou shalt not commit murder. HE is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. HE had His people to kill.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by bangeye
Well in my experience we get church and Christianity confused to a large degree. Church as in congregational organizations of various denominations that we generally know is largely a human organization and is fraught with human failings, i.e. big business, petty jealousy etc. Christianity on the other hand is a completely different thing which is a belief that Jesus was the true son of God , that he gave his life on Calvary for the remission of our sins and that he arose on the 3rd day in victory over death. He provided us with tenants of how we should strive to live our lives but in the end given our human frailty to measure up to these tenants it is through his sacrifice and resurrection that ultimately reconciles us with God.

We get Christians and those who say they are mixed up

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Robert_White
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html

I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus. But if you ever travel amidst the Hindu people you will see that Christian missionaries built all the good schools and hospitals and health clinics.

The original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolution were overwhelmingly descendants of persecuted Protestants from England, Scotland and France. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution. If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?

Ahh so now you paint over the Plymouth witch hunts , hangings for blasphemy, and burning at the stake all in the name of God. How quaint.
By the way, why is it that Christians need a tax free 2 million dollar house of god, when according to your bible the entire outdoors is the house of God. Greed and false Idols perhaps?

Man! I never saw it that way before...

Lets move away from Christian Western Civilization! It is so horrible! Where do you suggest?

That's all right. We can all sit right here. Obama is going to cure the illness of Western Civilization.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Unlike you, azzhole, I value the truth.
Spoken like a true 'Christian'. You value your own opinion and your own prejudices...those are very different from the truth.
You know how I know I'm on the right path?
"Professing themselves to be wise..."
You should know the rest of it.

I have your disdain.
laffin'
You wish.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Mt 5 You have heard that it was said, �You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. ...

Nope doesn't seem to me to be room for slaying infidels there. Which, it seems to me, is the sin which is most glaring about Islam... Slaying others for their religious beliefs.

I don't think anyone with any degree of intellectual honesty can claim we haven't fallen miserably short of our Lord's ideal.

As for OT examples of Israel's practice... I'll assume someone has received God's express command in two regrards for that analogy to apply:

1) We (the USA) are His holy nation by oath & covenant

2) He has audibly spoken a command to our leader(s) to kill everyone who is Islamic

Those two would have to be demonstrably true for the comparison w/ OT Israel to fit.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I knew another, deacon of his church, that started banging is step-daughter when she was 14. After his wife found out 5 years later she still stayed with him and he stayed with the church.

Good to see that kind of commitment in people.

I'm not very well educated, but have always tried to live my life to serve those around me. The Lord's Prayer says "and do unto others as they would have done to you". I have tried to live my life by that one, simple principle. I haven't probably been the best Christian in all times. But, I couldn't think of the horrible acts that Scott mentions here. I hope there is a special place in hell for those. I don't think ones worth is measured by his church attendance or participation. I think, rather, that it is measured by how he lives his life. How he interacts with people. How he determines right from wrong, and how he rights the wrongs that he sees. Or, at least, tries to right those wrongs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Mt 5 You have heard that it was said, �You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. ...
Straight from The Word.
Nope doesn't seem to me to be room for slaying infidels there. Which, it seems to me, is the sin which is most glaring about Islam... Slaying others for their religious beliefs.
Yep. "Kill them all" because they are Muslim is no different than the Muslims wanting to kill all others who aren't Muslim for their own stupid reasons. Slaying others for their religious beliefs is just that...whether you are a Muslim or a self professed 'Christian'. Muslims can justify doing it...and many self professed 'Christians' can justify doing it too. Most are able to justify saying and doing the things they do...regardless of how wrong many of those things are according to Jesus' teachings.
I don't think anyone with any degree of intellectual honesty can claim we haven't fallen miserably short of our Lord's ideal. No doubt.

IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
My only real problem with church is the idea that we need to build million dollar buildings, and then pay some guy(s) a salary to do nothing but tell us things about a book we all have already. I just don't see the point.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All this talk about Ghandi reminds me that Ghandi never won the Nobel Peace Prize, except posthumously. Anyone know why? (Hint: A certain viewpoint on a certain topic of his day.)

Ghandi was a better man than most, but he was a man, and as fallible as any.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mahatma Gandhi

Interestingly, what M.Ghandi liked and did not like is not one whit more important - or noteworthy - than what even the lowest type of human likes or dislikes.
The same can be said of you, or me, or anyone...but we do have historical figures and some importance is placed on many of the wise things they said.
It may be the case that what Satan likes/dislikes is much more important than Ghandi's preferences.Maybe to you.

You re-state my case. And, as for your "some importance is placed", you have absolutely no way to demonstrate that what Ghandi may have said there (context?) is at all wise or important - except, possibly, to you. Wisdom, like beauty, takes shape only in the mind of the person who sees it as such. It could be interesting to run by you a few things that some historical figures have "said" and to hear your assessment of the possible wisdom of their words.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by xxclaro
My only real problem with church is the idea that we need to build million dollar buildings, and then pay some guy(s) a salary to do nothing but tell us things about a book we all have already. I just don't see the point.

So you don't go to hell, you stupid bastard.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
frown Nothing wrong with church, problem is us sinners that attend.
Nothing wrong with the campfire, just us idiots that that put our foot in mouth. smile GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Are you "clear"?

Have Dog

Will Travel

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Travis you crack me up! God bless you!

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/14/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You re-state my case. And, as for your "some importance is placed", you have absolutely no way to demonstrate that what Ghandi may have said there (context?) is at all wise or important - except, possibly, to you. Wisdom, like beauty, takes shape only in the mind of the person who sees it as such. It could be interesting to run by you a few things that some historical figures have "said" and to hear your assessment of the possible wisdom of their words.

They are wise words...they are also very true words. If you choose not to see them as such, that's your business. Doesn't change the fact that they are what they are. I didn't make it the truth...it just 'is'. It would still be the truth if I never even mentioned it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So in other words, if I go to the Christian Church of my choice I'm saved from Hell. Okay.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hope, Charity and Love.

Never did see anything in there about "winning" an arguement, not being open minded or hearted. There is some mention of pride and vanity but those seem to be in the minus column.

Church is a place with potential, just like a cartridge - to do anything with it, the guy pulling the trigger has to do his job.

Why would that be a mystery to anyone...

Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

421 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.