Hop To
T
Tentman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hello Guys

I'm working on the design of a rifle, and currently I'm figuring to use a Rem 700 (probably an aftermarket version) series trigger mechanism.

However ideally I'd like something a little shorter( ie in the for and aft dimension). I've had a good scout around but maybe I'm overlooking something. Is anyone aware of an quality off the shelf trigger unit that is physically smaller than the Remington 700 type (I want something that is unitised or modular like the Remington)

Cheers - Foster

Southland, New Zealand
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The smallest commercial trigger I know of is the Winchester. Most of the Remington replacements are the same size as the Rem, or are even larger. Have you looked at the military Mauser trigger?

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take a look at Sharp Shooter Supply's trigger assembly. I don't know if it's smaller than the Remington but it's pretty compact.
Here: http://www.savageshooters.net/sharpshooters/Triggers.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Tentman,

Have you figured out what to do about this trigger yet?

I have been looking at photos and a drawing of Remington's replacement trigger for its bolt guns (or fire control system). I don't have dimensions yet, but the new trigger is the same fore and aft as the unit it replaces. It appears that the "safety retaining clip" makes the unit slighter wider (to the right side) than the old trigger.

jim

T
Tentman Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks Jim,

It looks like it has to be the Remington, there just isn't anything else that is unitised (apart from some AR types) that would suit a striker fired action. I think the Remington and the various OEM's offer a really great option though it never hurts to ask to ensure one isn't overlooking something.

Thanks again - Foster

Southland, New Zealand
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Foster,

I have an inline muzzleloading rifle which is striker fired, and uses a Timney trigger.

The Timney is a modular unit about the same length as the Remington, but a little fatter in width.

jim

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 308ld, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 53 invisible), 1,694 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,125
Posts18,523,041
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.