Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

George, IMO you last post applies near universally. You can replace the Christian with any other faith or philosophy, and it would still apply. We all have a duty to live the best life we can within our chosen faith/philosophy, and we all think we have the Truth...

Since athiests don't have the God of the Bible as an absolute standard, what criteria is used to live the best life?

Billions of people on this earth don't have the God of the Bible (and they're not all atheists). Do you think none of them are living the best life 'they' can...? Do you think they have no other criteria for living the best life 'they' can...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
atlers,

Billons of people on this earth don't have the God of the Bible (and they're not all atheists).

God says they do. He goes on to say they refuse to acknowledge Him.

Do you think none of them are living the best life 'they' can...? Do you think they have no other criteria for living the best life 'they' can...?

I have no idea what they are doing. There is no other than God's absolute standard. Arbitrarily choosing a standard is the epitimy of arrogance.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by antlers

George, IMO you last post applies near universally. You can replace the Christian with any other faith or philosophy, and it would still apply. We all have a duty to live the best life we can within our chosen faith/philosophy, and we all think we have the Truth...

Since athiests don't have the God of the Bible as an absolute standard, what criteria is used to live the best life?

Billions of people on this earth don't have the God of the Bible (and they're not all atheists). Do you think none of them are living the best life 'they' can...? Do you think they have no other criteria for living the best life 'they' can...?

Sidestep; the difference between adherents of other religions & atheists is that other religions have some version of an objective "best". Atheists at their very core do not. Indeed they cannot; for they and their judgement is the only standard.

Got an answer to the question? Genuinely interested.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Billons of people on this earth don't have the God of the Bible (and they're not all atheists).

Citation please.

There are many people who live in areas on this planet that have never been exposed to the God of the Bible, or the message of salvation through Jesus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you think none of them are living the best life 'they' can...? Do you think they have no other criteria for living the best life 'they' can...?

I have no idea what they are doing. There is no other than God's absolute standard. Arbitrarily choosing a standard is the epitimy of arrogance.

So is the notion that if others don't see things exactly the way that you see them, they are all wrong and only you are right.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quick reply, so equal opportunity offender here. Is not the epitome of arrogance and ignorance both, the idea that without some form of god, especially mine, that some one can not live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Can you not make an informed decision on your own? Can you not see that screwing your neighbors wife or murdering his children is wrong?

I can't believe this coat hanger abortion of a discussion has gone on this long. Although they always do.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I can't believe this coat hanger abortion of a discussion has gone on this long.

laffin'

I realize it's not as edifying as 'what kind of razor do you use' or 'which woman Ellen is lickin''...but the subject does interest some, as do the aforementioned threads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is not the epitome of arrogance and ignorance both, the idea that without some form of god, especially mine, that some one can not live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Point taken, and well stated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

I realize it's not as edifying as 'what kind of razor do you use' or 'which woman Ellen is lickin''...but the subject does interest some, as do the aforementioned threads.

Glad your laffin', that was pretty much the point. I don't care what people want to discuss, why should I, but these threads seem to go on and on with the same arguments year after year. Guess we all are getting a little itchy for a change of season and a sunrise with the woods, a cup of coffee, and a rifle close by.

Sean
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jesus said all the law and teachings of the Bible hang on two commandments: Love the Lord with your all and your neighbor as yourself.
Simple, Pure, and impossible for many and hard for the rest. This is Christianity.
Everything else is dogma.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Citation please.

Psalm 19: 1-4
�The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Day to day pours forth speech,
And night to night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
Their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world.�

Titus 2:11-12
�For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age,�

Romans 1: 18-23
�For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.�

In addition to Truth of God's Word I have heard many stories of Jesus appearing to people we would perhaps call natives; even Muslims. I guess He still gives personal attention.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I'll just end here as always, 'cause in this format one can always go so just far, and you have chosen thus far to refuse to objectively reflect on real truth and I will not argue it on a website.

What's REAL truth concerning religion?

DD, thanks for asking. John 3:16 to be succinct,..and then more.

Okay, I'm not trying be an ass here. So the only truth is a number of books collected in a bible written by dead guys who re-wrote the legends and myths they heard from the pagans of ancient Egypt, Persia, and Babylon. So that's the truth?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

So is the notion that if others don't see things exactly the way that you see them, they are all wrong and only you are right.

Romans 15:5-6

�Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.�

1 Corinthians 1:10

�Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.�

Philippians 1:27, 2:1-2

�Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;�

�Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, 2 make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.�

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Do you think the radical Muslims live a moral life? They would say, "Yes," if you ask them. Do you think the youths who play the knock out game are living moral lives?

One needs an absolute standard in order to live a moral life.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
atlers,

That makes perfect sense. Christianity is an exclusivistic religion.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Citation please.

Psalm 19: 1-4
Titus 2:11-12
Romans 1: 18-23

So it's your premise that, according to 'your' interpretation of these scriptures, that every single person on earth...since Jesus came...has been made aware of the Gospel of Jesus...?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Quick reply, so equal opportunity offender here. Is not the epitome of arrogance and ignorance both, the idea that without some form of god, especially mine, that some one can not live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Can you not make an informed decision on your own? Can you not see that screwing your neighbors wife or murdering his children is wrong?

I can't believe this coat hanger abortion of a discussion has gone on this long. Although they always do.

Christianity is an exclusivistic religion. Therefore, there can only be one God their God, there can only be one moral code their moral code. All other moral code are false and wrong and if you don't accept their God as the one and only true God you are an atheist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess we all are getting a little itchy for a change of season and a sunrise with the woods, a cup of coffee, and a rifle close by.

That'd suit me right down to the ground.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Do you think the radical Muslims live a moral life? They would say, "Yes," if you ask them. Do you think the youths who play the knock out game are living moral lives?

One needs an absolute standard in order to live a moral life.

And of course the absolute standard for a moral life is the Christian code.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Romans 15:5-6
1 Corinthians 1:10
Philippians 1:27, 2:1-2

Paul, encouraging the churches at Rome, Corinth, and Phillipi to each 'get along' with other members within their church doesn't at all disprove the arrogance that, to you...if others don't see things as you see them...then they are all wrong and only you are right.

Page 15 of 38 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,799
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.