Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Note:
The printed copy of your results online is not a valid authorization and can�t be used in the field as your legal authorization.
You will need the legal authorization that you receive by mail.
Moose
Hunt Code Area M.U. Zone Season Date Class of Animal Special Message
4297 Prince George 7-08 Sept 10-Nov 5 bull moose WHILE RETURNING FROM THE HUNT, KEEP THE ANTLERS OF THE ANIMAL

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I got nothing. I put in for my usual elk, moose, bighorn, and mulie doe.

Good luck with your mooose tag.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep will be up your way, our group got a couple moose and deer

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
sjr Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Once again sweet F all on LEH .... but thanks to our wonderful GOS in BC will still be hunting whitetail-mule deer , moose , elk , and maybe a sheep hunt nice to live in God's country

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sjr;
It's absolutely awful living here isn't it? wink

Hopefully this finds you and yours well sir and I apologize that it's been too long since I've given you a call.

It's been that kind of year for our family somehow, you know?

In light of the fact that I'm low guy on the pole at work, I skipped LEH since there'd be no chance of time off. As you noted though we can likely find something to fill our days with this fall if we try hard enough.

If what I think is in the mail is in fact in the mail today I might be calling you to pick your brain anyway if that's OK. I reversed a recent trend and bought instead of sold...... "post-midlife crisis" no doubt..... laugh

We'll be in touch soon hopefully and all the best to you and your fine family.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got zip, which slightly surprised me. I had put in for elk on the Island, which I've never drawn in 30 years of trying. Also tried for moose fairly close to home and a nearby mule deer doe permit as meat insurance that lets me hunt for horns till late in the season and still get meat.

No big disappointment. Having a limited entry permit has caused me as much hassle as help sometimes. As the time for the hunt arrives and the rest of my life schedule develops, a limited entry permit has induced me to squeeze family or work plans. It also leads me sometimes to hunt an area at a time when snow or other conditions are such that I wouldn't otherwise.

I used to put in for more permits and figure I'd make it happen if drawn, but now I stay away from any permit where I don't already know the terrain and access pretty well.

Poor us. I'll hunt my usual black tail, mule deer, whitetail, moose and cougar and keep my eyes open for wolf. I'll probably pass on black bear, caribou, goat and sheep this year. I keep intending to make a multi-day winter calling safari focused on wolf and lynx and maybe this year will get around to it.

I'll start picking huckleberries with a deer tag in pocket in early Sept., finish with deer in Dec. and continue lynx, wolf and cougar through the winter.

Last edited by Okanagan; 07/11/14. Reason: clarity
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
At the risk of showing all the world what a cheechako I am, I'll ask what the acronyms stand for.
Some of this jargon is new to me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wabigoon;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I trust this finds you and yours well this warm - well hot here - afternoon.

To begin at the beginning then:

Ministry of Environment - MOE

Limited Entry Hunt - LEH - a lottery draw for special tags and seasons

General Open Season - GOS

Management Unit - MU - So BC is split into 8 sub regions and then the regions are split into MU's which will have different seasons sometimes. LEH hunts for instance are typically very site specific for a single MU.

Conservation Officer - CO

Any others I've missed out on please feel free to ask and I'll attempt to teach you our BC huntin' jargon wabigoon.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you Dwayne, helpful as always.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like you BC guys have it rough LOL.

Alberta draw results are out this coming week.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
troutfly;
Good to see you posting again sir, I trust this finds you and yours doing well.

Indeed we do have it rough here, but we'll try to persevere somehow.... wink

Good luck on your LEH draws this fall, all the rest of your hunts and all the best to you and yours in the upcoming week Jeff.

Dwayne

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good evening Dwayne,

All is well in the Smith families world. June has been a busy month with our oldest son getting married, family from across North America visited for the occasion. Between that and work I didn't have much time to visit the "Fire. Could use a fishing trip to recover LOL.

Should find out my Fall plans on Wednesday I believe. If nothing else, I'm looking forward to a Fall full of water fowling.

Have a great day,
Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
troutfly;
Congratulations to your son on his impending wedding. cool

I spent a lot of time as a kid in Saskabush shooting waterfowl as our deer season was so short and have many, many fond memories of those hunts.

Here in our part of BC, there are few places to hunt waterfowl and with generous OTC tags and almost 3 months to chase, whitetail, mulies, elk, moose, black bears, wolves..... well I don't hunt ducks as much anymore Jeff. wink

Good luck with the family gatherings and wedding sir. All the best to you and your fine family this summer.

Dwayne

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have read recently about waterfowling in BC being on the increase. Can't recall what part of the Province though.
I had gotten away from duck hunting for many years myself. A few years ago I had the opportunity to attend a Delta Waterfowl First Time Hunt as a writer. Had such a great time watching the young folks hunt ducks that I realized I was missing out on another hunting opportunity. That is especially important to me as the part of Alberta I live/hunt in is mostly draw only. While I enjoy travelling around Alberta to hunt, I really enjoy just heading out the door to hunt close to home. With only white tail deer available over the counter and a multiple year wait for antelope, mulies and elk, the opportunity to just head for a slough with my shotgun every day has become very attractive. For example, it will take another four years to draw a mule deer buck tag within an hour of my home.
Even doe tags are a couple of years apart now.
Times have certainly vastly changed in SE Alberta, and many other parts of Alberta for that matter.
We are putting the final touches to an mountain hunt near Jasper in October. Not sure if I will pick up an elk tag or maybe just relax with a walk in the hills and a bear tag.....we are all Blessed to live in Western Canada where we have so many choices.
Best to you and yours as well.
OOPs, I believe I just hijacked a thread!
Best to you and yours this fine summer as well Dwayne.
Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wife and I both pulled a grizzly draw for the area we will be sheep hunting in. 3rd griz tag in as many years and still no hair on the ground- 3rd time lucky? smile

RC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drew a bull moose shared hunt down in the Kootenays near home, and then a mountain goat a couple hours north (weekend trip). Also part of a shared bison hunt in January if I can fit it in!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got so peed off with never getting drawn that I just quit putting in for any. Way less stressful when you know people that can draw big bull moose in the same MU 4 out of 5 consecutive years, the same MU that I had been waiting over 12 years to get lucky enough to get drawn in.

Personally I think BCs LEH system is [pick your expletive] and I refuse to play any more.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 47 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,389
Posts18,506,831
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.