Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 38 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Jesus said all the law and teachings of the Bible hang on two commandments: Love the Lord with your all and your neighbor as yourself.
Simple, Pure, and impossible for many and hard for the rest. This is Christianity.
Everything else is dogma.

Well said.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
live a life of morals or good will to their neighbors?

Do you think the radical Muslims live a moral life? They would say, "Yes," if you ask them. Do you think the youths who play the knock out game are living moral lives?

One needs an absolute standard in order to live a moral life.

Baloney! A book of fairly tales from the sand dwellers has no more impact on your life than that which you let it.
If it makes you a great person, great. If you do wrong though, is it the books fault or yours?
Nobody is perfect, duh, but saying you can't live right without it is pretty ignorant or arrogant. Pick one.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Jesus said all the law and teachings of the Bible hang on two commandments: Love the Lord with your all and your neighbor as yourself.
Simple, Pure, and impossible for many and hard for the rest. This is Christianity.

I think if more people lived like this, that would be all that is needed in the bible.

I also think that if people just loved or respected their neighbor as they do themselves, life could be pretty good for any one in any corner of the world.
But, some people are just jerks! We can all recognize it in our cats and dogs, the mirror, not so much.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, encouraging the churches at Rome, Corinth, and Phillipi to each 'get along' with other members within their church doesn't at all disprove the arrogance that, to you...if others don't see things as you see them...then they are all wrong and only you are right.

How do you know you are right? blush

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Baloney! A book of fairly tales from the sand dwellers has no more impact on your life than that which you let it.
If it makes you a great person, great. If you do wrong though, is it the books fault or yours?
Nobody is perfect, duh, but saying you can't live right without it is pretty ignorant or arrogant. Pick one.

You're starting with the idea the Bible is not God's Word. You are either ignorant of the history supporting God's Word or arrogantly rejecting It.

I think if more people lived like this, that would be all that is needed in the bible.

If evolution is what makes this better than the Muslim's beliefs? They are convinced if they kill infedels they are doing well. They are allowed to beat their wives and cut off their heads in "honor" killing.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The truth of Gods word is self evident. To reject it shows either ignorance of it or rebellion against it.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am starting from the position that you don't need the bible or gods word, or any of it, to know right from wrong.

How hard is that to digest?

And BTW, I am not looking for some pissing match or trying to be antagonistic. I just don't understand how you guys can go on for four or five days arguing a point that you know the other person will never agree upon. Same goes for queers and abortion. Nobody ever changes the others mind or opinion, but they always fall just short of Bricktop making a cross country trip to kick Larry Roots ass.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And this is not about Muslims. That whole point of contention is a dead end.

Sean
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Morality is simply what it takes for a given population to get along in a given geographical area in a given time frame. It's an evolutionary construct based on empathy. Try living buy the literal interpretation of morality laws in any of the ancient holy books and see how long you stay out of prison. Times change and so does morality.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Without an agreement on what is absolute truth, you and I may have a completely different world view and set of morals. I may think it's completely fine to rape and pillage, and you may not. Now, who is right?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Christianity is an exclusivistic religion. Therefore, there can only be one God their God, there can only be one moral code their moral code. All other moral code are false and wrong and if you don't accept their God as the one and only true God you are an atheist.

If you don't believe that your religion is correct, why do you bother with it?

Isn't a lack of a solid religion or moral code just as valid?

If your religion is correct, how can other religions also be correct?

Nobody is really without a religion, what they look to for guidance just varies.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
religion of one kind, type or another gives us, the common man, something to hold on to in the face of the unknown.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Without an agreement on what is absolute truth, you and I may have a completely different world view and set of morals. I may think it's completely fine to rape and pillage, and you may not. Now, who is right?

THE LAW!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BarryC

Christianity is an exclusivistic religion. Therefore, there can only be one God their God, there can only be one moral code their moral code. All other moral code are false and wrong and if you don't accept their God as the one and only true God you are an atheist.

Nobody is really without a religion, what they look to for guidance just varies.

I believe my spiritual path is right for me but it may not be right for everyone. I don't deny other spiritual paths or call them atheists because they believe differently.

I do draw the line with any spiritual path that deliberately seeks to harm others with malicious and spiteful intent as do most Pagans.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by billhilly
Try living buy the literal interpretation of morality laws in any of the ancient holy books and see how long you stay out of prison.

I've done pretty well staying out of jail so far for going on 50 years following Christ. But I don't take for granted that it will always be that way. If I live as long as my Dad, I've got about 30 more years. Given the current rate of degeneration in the U.S. things could get interesting before I check out. I suspect the direction we as a nation take after the next economic collapse will be telling.

If they had the power, Richard Dawkins and his disciples would probably lock me up (or worse) today. Some atheists apparently are getting pretty militant these days. Over my lifetime, I've only really known a couple very well and their attitude was if you wanna believe your crap fine, knock yourself out, I ain't buying it. One was perfectly fine with her kids investigating and choosing faith on their own...I guess you could say she was "pro-choice'. I never got the feeling from them that they perceived me or people like me as a "threat to their nation and their children" otherwise friendship would likely have been impossible. When you get to that point, the next logical step is to eliminate the threat....so like I said, I guess we will see.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am starting from the position that you don't need the bible or gods word, or any of it, to know right from wrong.

You think you are be neutral and aluff. Jesus doesn't give that option. He says you are either for Him or against Him.

Nobody ever changes the others mind or opinion,

You are assumeing you know everyone's thoughts who read these threads. crazy

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And this is not about Muslims. That whole point of contention is a dead end.

The direction of this thread includes all who have an opinion that they, apart from God of the Bible, establish right and wrong.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv

Ok, say I rape, pillage, and plunder at your house, any opinion of what is right and wrong now?

Ringman. If sky daddy doesn't exist, how can you be for or against him?
How does that still keep a reasonable person from not recognizing right from wrong? (hint, see above )

Sean
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Gus
religion of one kind, type or another gives us, the common man, something to hold on to in the face of the unknown.

How predictably logical, however, I will not lean on your own understanding. So, explain how Hinduism or Islam predicts the Jews will regain their homeland and not lose it, or how we will control the gates of our enemies as the strongest nation to ever exist and Great Britain would be the largest with the sun not setting on its shores, that is until we turn from Him and lean on our own understanding? Who predicted that Israel would be carried to safety as if on the wings of the eagle when their enemies would try to force them into the sea in the six day war?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BarryC

I believe my spiritual path is right for me but it may not be right for everyone. I don't deny other spiritual paths or call them atheists because they believe differently.

I do draw the line with any spiritual path that deliberately seeks to harm others with malicious and spiteful intent as do most Pagans.

A law tailored to each of us and to thus save each of us from our own various proclivities and vises sounds really nice. Yes, I think I shall attempt salvation by proclaiming innocence based on my particular situation.

Yep, I can be a god like ze ro, making and abiding by my own laws. Whew, I now feel so much better.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/18/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 16 of 38 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10Glocks, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 44 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.