Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pete E
My gut feeling is the same a Jorge's..I doubt Putin ever gave a direct order and is probably ready to string somebody up over this..

That said, we need to let the investigation take place and follow the hard evidence. There are crazies on both sides over there, and there are definately those with a lot to gain if they managed to frame the Russians..

Crazies...Pete, they are all a pack of lunatics and every single one is armed to the teeth and looking for targets, and any pilot that takes a plane within range of the place is committing suicide.

The blame for this lays squarely at the feet of the dills that put the plane and passengers in that predicament.

It is a war zone.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by prm
The separitists are essentially serving as a proxy fighting for the Russians in the Ukraine. What's hard to figure out about that? I never suggested the Russians had someone else shoot an airliner down for them.
Fair enough. But there are many here (and in other threads at the Fire of late) suggesting blame on the part of the Russians.

There has been a movement afoot for a few years now to foment a return to a Cold War status between the United States and Russia (serving to benefit the Military Industrial Complex Ike somberly warned us about so many years ago). It's safe to assume, in my judgment, that most of the misinformation directed at us regarding this event is, and will continue to be, designed with this end in mind.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It is a warzone, but countless airliners have been flying that same route every day for years. I have flown it many times headed to the Middle East. The recent shootdowns probably should have raised questions. Hindsight is often 20/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Enter the kookista theories...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prm
It is a warzone, but countless airliners have been flying that same route every day for years. I have flown it many times headed to the Middle East. The recent shootdowns probably should have raised questions. Hindsight is often 20/20.

Ummm...probably.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by prm

Ummm...probably.

30 days ago the FFA said to stop flying over that war zone. Better to go around.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm having a hard time getting too worked up over this. It is a horrible thing, but on the other hand, this wasn't a situation where a Russian fighter jet shot down a 747 with airline markings after making clear visual contact. I simply see no upside to the Russians shooting down a jetliner and there is no reason they would do it intentionally.

So, it is a war zone. Right or wrong, good or bad, there is a war going on there right now and that schit happens in a war zone. I remember well when we zapped an Iranian passenger jet in the Persian Gulf not all that long after an Iraqi Mirage sent an Exocet through the side of the USS Stark during the Iraq/Iran war.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Enter the kookista theories...
Does that include Ike's?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
umm no... Rush tuned me onto this. THE REAL MEANING OF IKE's REMARKS

You need to find another excuse...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Article's author: David Greenberg.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
MSNBC's insider is reporting something completely different...

(only funny because it's MSNBC)

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWb8BGiIyoA[/video]

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JSTUART
My gut feeling is the same a Jorge's..I doubt Putin ever gave a direct order and is probably ready to string somebody up over this..

That said, we need to let the investigation take place and follow the hard evidence. There are crazies on both sides over there, and there are definately those with a lot to gain if they managed to frame the Russians..

Crazies...Pete, they are all a pack of lunatics and every single one is armed to the teeth and looking for targets, and any pilot that takes a plane within range of the place is committing suicide.

The blame for this lays squarely at the feet of the dills that put the plane and passengers in that predicament.

It is a war zone.

I'm in total agreement with you two worshippers of the Queen. it is and was a warzone, and has been for a spell.

to send commercial flights over the area was a dereliction of duty by someone, even if someone else actually shot the plane down. the message is that someone in the process of acceptable risk-taking was asleep at the wheel.

stage left, enter the early adoption of "new" technology that could have saved us all, that is, a laser on the commercial jet-liner. if only......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Duckdog
MSNBC's insider is reporting something completely different...

(only funny because it's MSNBC)

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWb8BGiIyoA[/video]
Baba Booey.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And??? or did you miss the part where I mentioned I got this source from Rush. Ohhhh! I get it he's a Jooooo!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

And??? or did you miss the part where I mentioned I got this source from Rush. Ohhhh! I get it he's a Jooooo!
I had assumed he was Episcopalian.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
There are crazies on both sides over there, and there are definately those with a lot to gain if they managed to frame the Russians..

Yep...the EU & the U.S.
If you think the U.S. doesn't have CIA assets instigating the separatists, you are mistaken.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I'm having a hard time getting too worked up over this. It is a horrible thing, but on the other hand, this wasn't a situation where a Russian fighter jet shot down a 747 with airline markings after making clear visual contact. I simply see no upside to the Russians shooting down a jetliner and there is no reason they would do it intentionally.

So, it is a war zone. Right or wrong, good or bad, there is a war going on there right now and that schit happens in a war zone. I remember well when we zapped an Iranian passenger jet in the Persian Gulf not all that long after an Iraqi Mirage sent an Exocet through the side of the USS Stark during the Iraq/Iran war.

Yup. Somebody just screwed up big time. I definitely don't see this as a terrorist attack or any other intentional act.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt the Russians had any involvement. Nothing to gain from it.

The Russians were definitely involved. They have their special forces running the "rebels" and crewing any anti-aircraft missiles. In fact, I bet that it was the Russian air defense that shot this plane down.

Last edited by ConradCA; 07/18/14.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
There are crazies on both sides over there, and there are definately those with a lot to gain if they managed to frame the Russians..

Yep...the EU & the U.S.
If you think the U.S. doesn't have CIA assets instigating the separatists, you are mistaken.

Exactly. Truth is always the first casualty of war.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well here's a new twist on things...

WTF? Over.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/18/rebel-leader-gives-bizarre-account-of-plane-crash/20933592/

MOSCOW (AP) -- A top pro-Russia rebel commander in eastern Ukraine has given a bizarre version of events surrounding the Malaysian jetliner crash - suggesting many of the victims may have died days before the plane took off.

The pro-rebel website Russkaya Vesna on Friday quoted Igor Girkin as saying he was told by people at the crash site that "a significant number of the bodies weren't fresh," adding that he was told they were drained of blood and reeked of decomposition.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing-777 was shot down Thursday, killing all 298 people aboard. The plane was flying 10,000 meters above an area where Ukrainian forces have been fighting separatist rebels. Each side accuses the other of downing the plane.

U.S. intelligence authorities said a surface-to-air missile brought down the plane, and U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power told the U.N. Security Council in New York on Friday that the missile was likely fired from a rebel-held area near the Russian border.

Girkin, also known as Strelkov and allegedly a former Russian military intelligence agent, said he couldn't confirm the information. But it's sure to add to the intense emotions surrounding the crash, with the rebels accused of shooting down the plane.

Girkin said "Ukrainian authorities are capable of any baseness."

He claimed that a large amount of blood serum and medications were found in the wreckage.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.