Page 18 of 38 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 37 38
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by BarryC
We humans have made God in our image. It's tough if not impossible to worship a Deity we have no concept of so we build a image of God and personalize it, every religion does it.

So, who or rather what, made us?

A super natural intelligent life force made us what we may call God or a Deity but we can have no concept of what that God or Deity might look like.

The Bible says God prevented the Jews from building idols to represent God. God punished the Jews when they made the golden calf as a representation of God. The reason the Jews hold the Torah in such high reverence is because the Torah is the closes thing they can have to represent God.

The Celts were amazed when they saw the Roman and Greek temples and how the Romans and Greeks had made statues of the Roman and Greek Gods and Goddesses and had personified the Gods and Goddesses. The Celts believed in one supreme creator but said nothing can be known about the creator, it just is.

The Christians have personified God through Jesus and named God Jesus. I did the same thing with the Goddess that is my icon. Praying, speaking with, or doing much of anything else is tough without a personified Deity personified in the human image.

All religions I've studied do this. Buddha spent twenty years supposedly staring at wall to become enlighten. Today most Buddhists have the Buddha icon in their temples and homes for worship and enlightenment.

We are not made in the image of God but rather He is made in our image. Even if one were to say but our soul is made in the image of God and that maybe true but we have no concept of what the soul looks like or even is.

In your opinion. Your opinion however is very different from my Bible. I'll stick with my Bible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I know you're not; just speaking out of not knowing. Your premise is wrong. Get back to me if interested.

Actually, my premise is dead on. When comparing the legends and myths of the Bible with the above mentioned places and let's also throw in the Roman and Greek legends and myths and it becomes very uncanny.

I know for people who believe the Bible is the true Word of a God it's impossible to come to grips that the Judeo Christian legends and myths actually came from earlier religions but unfortunately for Christians it's true.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by BarryC
We humans have made God in our image. It's tough if not impossible to worship a Deity we have no concept of so we build a image of God and personalize it, every religion does it.

So, who or rather what, made us?

A super natural intelligent life force made us what we may call God or a Deity but we can have no concept of what that God or Deity might look like.

The Bible says God prevented the Jews from building idols to represent God. God punished the Jews when they made the golden calf as a representation of God. The reason the Jews hold the Torah in such high reverence is because the Torah is the closes thing they can have to represent God.

The Celts were amazed when they saw the Roman and Greek temples and how the Romans and Greeks had made statues of the Roman and Greek Gods and Goddesses and had personified the Gods and Goddesses. The Celts believed in one supreme creator but said nothing can be known about the creator, it just is.

The Christians have personified God through Jesus and named God Jesus. I did the same thing with the Goddess that is my icon. Praying, speaking with, or doing much of anything else is tough without a personified Deity personified in the human image.

All religions I've studied do this. Buddha spent twenty years supposedly staring at wall to become enlighten. Today most Buddhists have the Buddha icon in their temples and homes for worship and enlightenment.

We are not made in the image of God but rather He is made in our image. Even if one were to say but our soul is made in the image of God and that maybe true but we have no concept of what the soul looks like or even is.

In your opinion. Your opinion however is very different from my Bible. I'll stick with my Bible.

I would expect nothing less but my opinion is fact and your Bible even says so.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

We are not made in the image of God but rather He is made in our image. Even if one were to say but our soul is made in the image of God and that maybe true but we have no concept of what the soul looks like or even is. [/quote]

In your opinion. Your opinion however is very different from my Bible. I'll stick with my Bible.[/quote]

I would expect nothing less but my opinion is fact and your Bible even says so. [/quote]

DD,

Aw 'cmon... your opinion is fact? That needs some explanation or I will think you're just joshing us.

But, back to the golden calf. It was not made as a "representation" of God. It is with great interest that I note that the golden calf was made BY the people to BE A GOD that goes BEFORE us. Simply, a god of their own creation. They wanted a god to serve them and that might be able to control. Your opinion on this may be "fact" but few Bible interpreters would agree with you.

You did say something that is quite interesting. You said that
He, God, has been made in our image. Most false religions in the world have a "god" that is made up by man. There, we have a few points of agreement.

Anyway, gotta go... packing for a trip...

Keep it up!

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I would expect nothing less but my opinion is fact and your Bible even says so. [/quote]

No Sir, my Bible says that God created man in his own image, and Jesus said " If you've seen me, you've seen the father". Jesus Christ is Lord and always has been. It's called the Trinity. Though Trinity isn't a Bible word, the Father Son and Holy Spirit as one is biblical.

Man has tried to pervert the image of God and worship the creation rather than the creator but God made us in his image to have many sons and daughters.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TF49

In your opinion. Your opinion however is very different from my Bible. I'll stick with my Bible.[/quote]

DD,

Aw 'cmon... your opinion is fact? That needs some explanation or I will think you're just joshing us.

But, back to the golden calf. It was not made as a "representation" of God. It is with great interest that I note that the golden calf was made BY the people to BE A GOD that goes BEFORE us. Simply, a god of their own creation. They wanted a god to serve them and that might be able to control. Your opinion on this may be "fact" but few Bible interpreters would agree with you.

You did say something that is quite interesting. You said that
He, God, has been made in our image. Most false religions in the world have a "god" that is made up by man. There, we have a few points of agreement.

Anyway, gotta go... packing for a trip...

Keep it up!

TF[/quote]

I said nothing about "false" religions you are putting that word in my mouth. We have no idea of what any God looks like or even a concept of God so it's obvious that man personifies God and makes that God in man's image.

Well it's been fun but I must go to bed as tomorrow is a busy day. I have man putting some siding on my old mobile home. I have some bad siding. I also have to do some painting. So you all play nice. smile

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting to me, is that God's law is written on our hearts, yet so many here war against it. Is it really that hard to know right from wrong, good from bad, showing that in fact something is guiding us from within?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Is it really that hard to know right from wrong, good from bad, showing that in fact something is guiding us from within?

That sums it up just fine. Not that hard to figure out.

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Is it really that hard to know right from wrong, good from bad, showing that in fact something is guiding us from within?

That sums it up just fine. Not that hard to figure out.

Does it take 30 pages of lawyer discussion to figure out that truth is self-evident? When a Muslim man kills a child in rage, and the mother mourns, he thinks he's right or justified, but isn't it obvious to even a Muslim mother that it's wrong? Just because the Muslim man may be insane/not of his right mind, that doesn't mean the truth of a childs murder isn't known to all objective people. That's because Gods written his law in our hearts. Literally, according to the Bible.
We all should know it, including some here, they just choose to rebel against it.

LOL
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, and that there is no right or wrong for animals, only for those made in the image of Him. Maybe that's why we refer to some deviants as animals, meaning they have no resemblance to Him by their actions.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
DD, maybe you're not the animal you profess to be. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Always makes me laugh that the people who rarely darken the doors of a church have the most to say about what's wrong with churches. grin

Carry on.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
DD, maybe you're not the animal you profess to be. wink

I'm a pretty nice animal or is it a Faerie Dwarf. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I know you're not; just speaking out of not knowing. Your premise is wrong. Get back to me if interested.

Actually, my premise is dead on. When comparing the legends and myths of the Bible with the above mentioned places and let's also throw in the Roman and Greek legends and myths and it becomes very uncanny.

I know for people who believe the Bible is the true Word of a God it's impossible to come to grips that the Judeo Christian legends and myths actually came from earlier religions but unfortunately for Christians it's true.

The Monotheism of the Bible was the first belief system; all others that came down the chronological line were aberrations or corruptions of it. This includes all mythologies and is why many cultures have some sort of god or gods, "a flood story", and other reminiscences of what were originally Biblical occurrences/stories in them.

As ancient populations diverged and the original truths and faith were lost there were still remnants of Biblical truth, though corrupted, retained in their storied pasts, because all people groups had this common origin.

And what standard(s) are you using to declare the Bible myth and legend? If you use the usual, contemporary culture of unbelief, you are guilty of circular reasoning, starting with unbelief and thereby declaring it untrue. In your post above, you have historical chronology all mixed up in regards to religion, myths and legends.

On the other hand, Just two examples verifying scriptural personages and places include the secular, Jewish historian Josephus who has mentioned many Biblical Characters including Jesus in his histories. The second would be Middle East archeology which has not uncovered or discovered any ancient fact or artifact that has disproved any Biblical location, person or event; in fact, the opposite is true, verifying Biblical occurrences and locations. I'll add a third--the Dead Sea Scrolls--which when discovered showed our contemporary Biblical versions to be 99% accurate to the books discovered, and the miscues were in punctuation, not doctrinal statements.

I could go on from science and philosophy from an apologetic approach (here "apologetic" means a "defense" or argument "for").

No, those who refute the Bible as God's word do so not after carefully examining all the evidence objectively, but only because they've decided to not believe first.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lee Strobel, The Case for Christ.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I see a bunch you dipschits are still going to hell.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Show us the way brother Dave, show us the way!

LOL
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
And because they're dead in their trespasses & sins & blind apart from the saving work of the HS...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Monotheism of the Bible was the first belief system; all others that came down the chronological line were aberrations or corruptions of it. This includes all mythologies and is why many cultures have some sort of god or gods, "a flood story", and other reminiscences of what were originally Biblical occurrences/stories in them.

The Sumerians will be shocked.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/sumerians-look-on-in-confusion-as-god-creates-worl,2879/

Last edited by billhilly; 07/19/14.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

As ancient populations diverged and the original truths and faith were lost there were still remnants of Biblical truth, though corrupted, retained in their storied pasts, because all people groups had this common origin.

And what standard(s) are you using to declare the Bible myth and legend? If you use the usual, contemporary culture of unbelief, you are guilty of circular reasoning, starting with unbelief and thereby declaring it untrue. In your post above, you have historical chronology all mixed up in regards to religion, myths and legends.

On the other hand, Just two examples verifying scriptural personages and places include the secular, Jewish historian Josephus who has mentioned many Biblical Characters including Jesus in his histories. The second would be Middle East archeology which has not uncovered or discovered any ancient fact or artifact that has disproved any Biblical location, person or event; in fact, the opposite is true, verifying Biblical occurrences and locations. I'll add a third--the Dead Sea Scrolls--which when discovered showed our contemporary Biblical versions to be 99% accurate to the books discovered, and the miscues were in punctuation, not doctrinal statements.

I could go on from science and philosophy from an apologetic approach (here "apologetic" means a "defense" or argument "for").

No, those who refute the Bible as God's word do so not after carefully examining all the evidence objectively, but only because they've decided to not believe first.

I hate to be barer of bad news but the other legends and mythologies came before the Old Testament and even the New Testament. Monotheism came from one of the earlier Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt who's name escapes me at the moment but you can look it up if you are interested but of courser you are not. Judaism is an ancient Egypt religion. After all the Jews were a tribe of Egypt.

Page 18 of 38 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,327
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.