Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The Sumerians will be shocked.

You remind me of a friend who suggested after reading The Clan of The Cave Bear that 50,000 years ago that religion was the best they could do.

I suggsted to him there was no 50,000 years ago. Just as I suggest to you that the Sumerians did not come into existance until about 4,000 years ago.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I suggest to you that some people bend science to fit the bible while others bend the bible to fit the science. You fall into the first category. Both are wrong.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

DD, I think you are a nice guy smile. But I know you are wrong. grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I suggest to you that some people bend science to fit the bible while others bend the bible to fit the science. You fall into the first category. Both are wrong.

If you don't mind post a scientific fact accepted by Ph.D scientists of both creationists and evolutionists that show science is bent to fit the Bible to support a belief.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Evololutionists don't bend science to fit the Bible to support a belief. Literal creationists (those who demand that the earth is only 6,000 years old) do bend science to fit the Bible to support a belief.

Originally Posted by Ringman
...there was no 50,000 years ago.

laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I am never wrong because like Mary Poppins I'm practically prefect. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Evololutionists don't bend science to fit the Bible to support a belief. Literal creationists (those who demand that the earth is only 6,000 years old) do bend science to fit the Bible to support a belief.

Originally Posted By: Ringman

laffin'

You're laffin'?

Evolutionists bend science to fit their philosophical escape from reality. What scientific evidence do you have, that all Ph.D scientists agree on, showing creationists bend science?

Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I am never wrong because like Mary Poppins I'm practically prefect. grin

Yep, except for one flaw, which was fatal.

Like many marriages that die from just one little bitty teeny tiny fatal flaw.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/19/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By: Ringman
laffin'

You're laffin'? Yeah, a bunch.
Evolutionists bend science to fit their philosophical escape from reality. Yeah...like they bend science to fit their "philosophical escape from reality" regarding the 'theory' of gravity, or the 'theory' of relativity, or the 'theory' of nuclear fission, etc. What scientific evidence do you have, that all Ph.D scientists agree on, showing creationists bend science? laffin'
How 'bout a little intellectual honesty on your part Ringman...!?!?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's remarkable that in this day and age, with all of the technological advancements that affect our lives on a daily basis...due to science...that some continue to castigate science as a whole because it threatens their belief system.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

You didn't say anything in your post. Perhaps you will mention a few Ph.D creationists by name who don't accept gravity of relativity or nuclear fission. Elephant hurling does not work.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It's remarkable that in this day and age, with all of the technological advancements that affect our lives on a daily basis...due to science...that some continue to castigate science as a whole because it threatens their belief system.

I agree. It's really sad. Watch the movie Expelled! No Intelegence Allowed and see it happen. Don't give me the excuse you won't watch it because the reviews said this or that.

Everyday Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by antlers
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -
Mahatma Gandhi

Quoting Ghandi???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/the-gandhi-none-of-us-kne_b_842941.html

I have heard this quote many times spoken by smug concieted Hindus. But if you ever travel amidst the Hindu people you will see that Christian missionaries built all the good schools and hospitals and health clinics.

The original 13 colonies at the time of the Revolution were overwhelmingly descendants of persecuted Protestants from England, Scotland and France. They were the ones who put forth the Declaration of Independence in committee and later drafted the Constitution. If you hate Christians why not move to Bombay or Delhi or Calcutta and immerse yourself in the culture of Ghandi?

Ahh so now you paint over the Plymouth witch hunts , hangings for blasphemy, and burning at the stake all in the name of God. How quaint.
By the way, why is it that Christians need a tax free 2 million dollar house of god, when according to your bible the entire outdoors is the house of God. Greed and false Idols perhaps?

Not to start an argument with you , but the witch trials were in one small town, Salem, by a group of cult like people. Religion like many human organizations are flawed.

Christianity is a direct relationship with God, not a series of rules , practices and rituals. I believe in the Almighty and excepted His gift of salvation, but there are many short comings in most religious groups. Humans are all flawed with Greed ,selfishness, lust etc. It is impossible to get a group of even "Good People" together with out basic human flaws(sin) entering the picture. As far as science goes most people believe in gravity, relativity and such. but science has a way of being influenced by who pays for the research being done and the results they expect. Also corrupted by the same things that corrupt "Religion"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antlers,
You didn't say anything in your post. Perhaps you will mention a few Ph.D creationists by name who don't accept gravity of relativity or nuclear fission. Elephant hurling does not work.

The 'theories' of gravity, relativity, or nuclear fission don't threaten their belief system. Evolution does threaten their belief system, as it does yours. Evolution is as much of a 'theory' as is gravity, relativity, or nuclear fission are. It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree.

Then why do you insist that the earth is only 6,000 years old...?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
antlers,

The 'theories' of gravity, relativity, or nuclear fission don't threaten their belief system. Evolution does threaten their belief system, as it does yours. Evolution is as much of a 'theory' as is gravity, relativity, or nuclear fission are. It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.

Probably not god to send this thread off onto evolution again, but I do not agree that "evolution" is proven like "gravity."

There is "speciation" or genetic changes within a species. You know, fruit flies, dogs, horses and the like. When I was young, these types of changes were generally in the filed of "genetics." My view is that there were no examples of "proof" of evolution of one species or genus to another, so to keep the "evolution" game alive, this "genetic speciation" was given a new name: "micro evolution" and then held out as "proof" of evolution. This is bad science.

Gravity can be demonstrated. Evolution, other than "micro-evolution" which is nothing more than genetic variation has not been demonstrated. Not in the lab and not in the fossil record. The fossil record ought to be filled with transitional changes. It is not.

Evolution is a dog that will not hunt. I expect that science will eventually expose this myth.

It is a mystery to me why the majority of scientists will not study this with open eyes. Same goes for global warming. Part of the answer is that a departure from "accepted" mainline beliefs is a career killer and certainly stops government grants.

I am thankful that we do have some bold thinkers in the scientific community that call out media stars like Hawkings and Krauss and successfully challenge "bad science."

The age of the earth is really interesting, but that is another subject.

So, the end of my expounding.

Carry on,

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know if evolution is the correct word, but it's amazing the life changes that have occurred on Planet Earth.

remember the dinosours, and their cold-blooded life. then they died off for whatever reason we conjure up. the little furry animals that were warm-blooded inhabited the Earth. did we humans have as a basis the warm, furry animals? I mean, live-bearing, warm-blooded, got a "new brain?"

it sounds like some kind of giant schema was evolving, or developing? the base case was egg laying, cold-blooded & scaly. then warm-blooded, furry, live bearing & a different way of thinking? it's almost like Life is unfolding down here on the Planet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
antlers,

I know a lot of PH.D's that accept gravity, relativity, nuclear fusion but still have a faith based religion of climate change or global warming. Your statement proves nothing.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Not to start an argument with you , but the witch trials were in one small town, Salem, by a group of cult like people. Religion like many human organizations are flawed.

Christianity is a direct relationship with God, not a series of rules , practices and rituals. I believe in the Almighty and excepted His gift of salvation, but there are many short comings in most religious groups. Humans are all flawed with Greed ,selfishness, lust etc. It is impossible to get a group of even "Good People" together with out basic human flaws(sin) entering the picture. As far as science goes most people believe in gravity, relativity and such. but science has a way of being influenced by who pays for the research being done and the results they expect. Also corrupted by the same things that corrupt "Religion"

Right on!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Right on!

Page 19 of 38 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,668
Posts18,493,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.