Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Gus
I don't know if evolution is the correct word, but it's amazing the life changes that have occurred on Planet Earth.

remember the dinosours, and their cold-blooded life. then they died off for whatever reason we conjure up. the little furry animals that were warm-blooded inhabited the Earth. did we humans have as a basis the warm, furry animals? I mean, live-bearing, warm-blooded, got a "new brain?"

it sounds like some kind of giant schema was evolving, or developing? the base case was egg laying, cold-blooded & scaly. then warm-blooded, furry, live bearing & a different way of thinking? it's almost like Life is unfolding down here on the Planet.
Yes Gus, kind of like what this below says, huh?

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, �Let there be light,� and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light �day,� and the darkness he called �night.� And there was evening, and there was morning�the first day.

6 And God said, �Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.� 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault �sky.� And there was evening, and there was morning�the second day.

9 And God said, �Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.� And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground �land,� and the gathered waters he called �seas.� And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, �Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.� And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning�the third day.

14 And God said, �Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.� And it was so. 16 God made two great lights�the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning�the fourth day.

20 And God said, �Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.� 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, �Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.� 23 And there was evening, and there was morning�the fifth day.

24 And God said, �Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.� And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, �Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.�

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, �Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.�

29 Then God said, �I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground�everything that has the breath of life in it�I give every green plant for food.� And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning�the sixth day.

Maybe a day to God was the different ages (to us) in which He created the different things. Is there one thing we experience more than what is not listed in the above?

Last edited by eyeball; 07/20/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.
It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.

Based on what science?! If you accept scientific facts, why don�t you accept the fact of the earth�s magnetic field deteriorating with a half life of 1,400 years. When I corresponded with Dr. Thomas Barnes about it, he was considered the world�s leading expert on it. He told me if the earth was only 20,000 years old it would be liquefied by the heat generated by the magnetic action. If you accept scientific facts why don�t you accept the new information about the amount of helium in deep crustal rocks? The helium would have leached out millions of years ago.

You don�t hesitate to accept dating rocks of unknown ages, but reject dating rocks of known ages. No! You�re the one not accepting scientific facts.

Then why do you insist that the earth is only 6,000 years old...?

See above.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TF49,

It is a mystery to me why the majority of scientists will not study this with open eyes. Same goes for global warming. Part of the answer is that a departure from "accepted" mainline beliefs is a career killer and certainly stops government grants.

Recently the National Center for science Education (NCSE) used the debate between Ken Hamm and Bill Nye for a fund raiser. They offered all kinds of gifts for donations. Except copies of the debate! Now why do you think they didn�t offer the debate? They had a mastered copy. Because during the debate evolution is exposed as a religion without substance.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eyeball,

Maybe a day to God was the different ages (to us) in which He created the different things. Is there one thing we experience more than what is not listed in the above?

Go defines a day and year[b]![/b]

14 And God said, �Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.� And it was so. 16 God made two great lights�the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning�the fourth day.

Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it was easy for caveman to postulate the sun revolved around the earth.

only later, was it discovered the earth revolved around the sun. and of course, we got our day & night cycle from the earth spinning on it's axis.

there's a whole lot that the English language just can't explain very well. that's one reason why the Hebrews said the greatest loss they had ever experienced was the conversion of their Holy Book into a different language than Hebrew.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
....evolution is exposed as a religion without substance.

Like this: Christianity is a religion without substance.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

You and I know the same amount about when creation happened. You speculate Genesis was written by a cave man. I accept God at His Word.

You think the sun is required to have day. Since God is able to create and says He created darkness first and then light and called the light day, where do you get the idea the sun is necessary? All you need is the light coming from one direction and the earth turning on its axis. God created the light. He could certainly cause it to come from one direction. (Eventually the sun will be gone and yet, God�s Word tells us, there will be light.)

Since God is Creator He created photosynthesis. He also realized the plants could survive a day without the sun to produce the light energy for them. Why do you say the order is wrong when you reject the whole narrative? Since God is God, then certainly He can and did it in the order He wanted.

Who are �they� to whom you are referring? If you are still referring to God�s Word then not only did He realize it is a light reflecting body, He created it to be a reflector.

A question for you is, where does the sun get its light? Perhaps you will say, �From atomic fusion.� I will ask how does that happen? From where did the laws of chemistry and physic come?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Based on what science?!
laffin'

It's funny because it's obvious you're serious...! The same science, for example, that helps us understand, and control, nuclear fission. The same science, for example, that helps us understand nuclear fusion. The same science, for example, that produces linear accelerators that make different kinds of ionizing radiation that we can control and aim to treat different types of cancer using radioactive substances...the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils. Science has determined that we have rocks that are 3.7 billion years old, and they have used many different dating methods to determine this factual evidence regarding the antiquity of the earth.

You�re the one not accepting scientific facts.
laffin'

I'm the one not accepting the quackery that the earth is only 'thousands' of years old as you insist it is.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]It's funny because it's obvious you're serious...! The same science, for example, that helps us understand, and control, nuclear fission. The same science, for example, that helps us understand nuclear fusion. The same science, for example, that produces linear accelerators that make different kinds of ionizing radiation that we can control and aim to treat different types of cancer using radioactive substances...the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils. Science has determined that we have rocks that are 3.7 billion years old, and they have used many different dating methods to determine this factual evidence regarding the antiquity of the earth.[/quote]

You were using science up to �the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils.� That�s where you switched to philosophy. You know as well as I do that geologist can and do get different dates for the same rock using different dating systems. When those same dating systems are used on rocks from Hawaiian volcanoes and Mt St Hellens they get dates that are millions or billions of years older than the observed �date�.
That�s why I mentioned you accept dates for rocks of unknown ages but reject dates of known ages.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
all this discussion is causing me to wonder if Creation happened a long time ago, then stopped. or did creation go on for a long time? if it went on for a long time it might have been a form of Evolution?

it takes a number of years for the light created in the center of the Sun to escape to the surface then move on out into the Galaxy if I remember correctly.

the Suns of God do populate the Heavens. we Earthlings do subscribe to the common usage of the term "Stars" when we speak of the Suns of God.

by the time the quantum physics more completely replaces the Newtonian physics, we'll be making something from nothing in our science labs. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus
all this discussion is causing me to wonder if Creation happened a long time ago, then stopped. or did creation go on for a long time? if it went on for a long time it might have been a form of Evolution?

it takes a number of years for the light created in the center of the Sun to escape to the surface then move on out into the Galaxy if I remember correctly.

the Suns of God do populate the Heavens. we Earthlings do subscribe to the common usage of the term "Stars" when we speak of the Suns of God.

by the time the quantum physics more completely replaces the Newtonian physics, we'll be making something from nothing in our science labs. wink

Not according to Ringman.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Or God.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote]It's funny because it's obvious you're serious...! The same science, for example, that helps us understand, and control, nuclear fission. The same science, for example, that helps us understand nuclear fusion. The same science, for example, that produces linear accelerators that make different kinds of ionizing radiation that we can control and aim to treat different types of cancer using radioactive substances...the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils. Science has determined that we have rocks that are 3.7 billion years old, and they have used many different dating methods to determine this factual evidence regarding the antiquity of the earth.[/quote]
You were using science up to �the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils.� That�s where you switched to philosophy.

Now I understand more clearly how people's cognition can cause them to blindly follow a cult leader. So our knowledge of radioactive substances that help us take atoms apart and use the particles of atoms to fight cancer, control nuclear fission and use it as a power source, and understand nuclear fusion are all science...but our knowledge of those radioactive substances, when used to date rocks and fossils, is "philosophy"...? Got it Ringman.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Or God.

I have no idea of what God thinks. And forget the book of the dead anonymous writers of antiquity.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes, you have an idea. You just reject it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
like with people all over the Globe, us hunters & fisher people have our own very strange views of cosmology.

I like it when people stop at "God" and goes no further, thinking that's enough?

even the ancient Rabbi's, as they held forth underneath the shade of the great Oaks, knew that we could not possibly know the mind of God.

meanwhile the Quantum physicists are busying themselves establishing the underlayment for the future that our Children and Grandchildren will live in.

(I hope they all flourish, and continue to celebrate the changing of the Seasons).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now I understand more clearly how people's cognition can cause them to blindly follow a cult leader. So our knowledge of radioactive substances that help us take atoms apart and use the particles of atoms to fight cancer, control nuclear fission and use it as a power source, and understand nuclear fusion are all science...but our knowledge of those radioactive substances, when used to date rocks and fossils, is "philosophy"...? Got it Ringman.

Surely you jest. The concepts used for dating are not even close to the concepts used in science; medical or otherwise. Belief in whether evolution or creation is true has no bearing what so ever with applied science.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Surely you jest. The concepts used for dating are not even close to the concepts used in science; medical or otherwise. Belief in whether evolution or creation is true has no bearing what so ever with applied science.

laffin'

Literal creationists (the earth is only 6,000 years old) are unable to use applied science to support their position. Scientific thought, scientific processes, and evolutionists are able to use applied science to support their position.

Facts don't cease to exist Ringman simply because they are denied by those whose belief systems are threatened by them.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
DD, from the time this country was created through the time I was a young man a preponderance of the folks in this country paid some heed to Gods Word. Of course, there were always the dope heads of some sort, alcoholics, mentally ill, murderers and thieves. Dodge City was the murder Capitol with about 1.8 per 100,000.
During that time we became the strongest nation the earth had ever seen and became the wealthiest creditor nation on the face of the earth.

Subsequently we became educated and performed many miracles He predicted we would, curing Polio, TB, pertussis, gan green, bacterial infections, cleft palate, cataract, glaucoma and in general just getting so smart we figured we could figure out about everything. As He predicted we became less prayerful and less dependent on Him and rejected Him for our own understanding.

We made lawyers rich divorcing people though it had our young boys at home catering to granny, mom, and sister who berated men in general and then boys identifying with their benefactors and becoming queer as three dollar bills. We elected to steal from working folks and give money to welfare cheats and bums and forgot He would not bless a nation where our leaders stole from us and became crooks.

In all fairness He did warn us that as we turned from Him we would lose our blessings and sink lower into depravity and ruin but as long as people have AC, food and color TV they will prefer to worship their vices.

He did promise that if we turned back to Him he would restore us, but are fire ants, drought, terrorist Muzzies, fruit flies, pig canker, orange blight, illegal aliens raping our women and killing 7,000 of us yearly really that bad, along with 150 trillion in unfounded liability debt on top of a measly 17 trillion and liberals going insane and running our business and 39% corporate taxes and our govt destroying our health care. Hey, we can fix this man. We are smart. We don't need Him. We aren't gutless dumbasses like George Washington who prayed for our deliverance.

Some of us will go through life not believing in what He told us and yet think we are more than one step ahead of those dunces who believe everything Ze ro says.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/20/14.

Page 20 of 38 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,368
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.