Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yes, you have an idea. You just reject it.

Okay, I don't know what God thinks. I can't even guess.

Truth be told neither do you and you are an arrogant hubris man if you think you do.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All I need to know is what He wanted me to know and wrote in the book of instruction that He sent for you and me. It tells all I need to know.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Literal creationists (the earth is only 6,000 years old) are able to use applied science to support their position. Scientific thought, scientific processes, and creationists are able to use applied science to support their position. Whereas evolutionist resort to intimidation. Check out the movie Expelled! No Intelligence Allowed.

Facts don't cease to exist, antlers, simply because they are denied by those whose belief systems are threatened by them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
All I need to know is what He wanted me to know and wrote in the book of instruction that He sent for you and me. It tells all I need to know.

Well if you think you know what God thinks based on a number of books written by ancient anonymous writers who got their ideas from previous pagan legends and mythologies of different religions that's your prerogative and I support your right to do so. However, for me I won't be so arrogant and hubris to believe I know what God is thinking.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Literal creationists (the earth is only 6,000 years old) are able to use applied science to support their position. Scientific thought, scientific processes, and creationists are able to use applied science to support their position. Whereas evolutionist resort to intimidation. Check out the movie Expelled! No Intelligence Allowed.

Facts don't cease to exist, antlers, simply because they are denied by those whose belief systems are threatened by them.

laffin' some more

Do you have any 'original' thoughts on this Ringman...?
As opposed to your tactic of resorting to using my own words (with a one word change here, and a one word change there) to respond to my posts. That's definitely a weak defense of the quackery that you so blindly support.

still laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I've yet to see any applied science when it comes to your creationist view. It would be like using applied science and global warming in the same sentence.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I've yet to see any applied science when it comes to your creationist view. It would be like using applied science and global warming in the same sentence.

Really? You've yet to see any applied science to support creationism? Really?

LOL
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
God acts through many people, like those who give their time to the Salvation Army. Why should He do it when He had the apostles? I have at times given money to a few old poor folks who had no money and would have gone blind without getting medicine ASAP. In those cases it was Him acting through me. It is not my natural nature (nor that of animals) to be of a benevolent nature.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/20/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Really? You've yet to see any applied science to support creationism? Really?

I'm talking about Biblical Creationist view not scientific creationist view.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So am I.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
antlers,

I asked you to name the Ph.D. young earth creationist who reject practical science. You haven't.

Have you watched Expelled! No Intelligence Allowed?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked you to name the Ph.D. young earth creationist who reject practical science.

That was my point Ringman...they accept practical science as it applies to things like linear accelerators and taking atoms apart and treatment for cancers, and controlled nuclear fission which we use to generate power...but they reject scientific knowledge as it applies to dating rocks...even though we use the same knowledge of radioactive substances for ALL of these things.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by antlers
Now I understand more clearly how people's cognition can cause them to blindly follow a cult leader.

Bingo. wink

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So am I.

Then no, I haven't seen any applied science that supports biblical, young earth creation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Michael row the boat ashore, Hallelujah!
Michael row the boat ashore, Halleluuuuuuuuuujah!

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by thin_man
I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

I could be wrong, but you may be over thinking this. Have you ever believed in something that you cannot fully understand or logically explain?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

I could be wrong, but you may be over thinking this. Have you ever believed in something that you cannot fully understand or logically explain?
Moses wrote Genesis, not a caveman. The same One who created, dictated the account to Moses.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

Thin man, what is it about this light stuff you don't understand? I guess He was right since a child can, before learning to lean ....

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, �Let there be light,� and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light �day,� and the darkness he called �night.� And there was evening, and there was morning�the first day.

I have light in my house at night, when the sun is down. It's not the only source of light.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/23/14.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So what, god used a drop light to finish working? You guys are funny but please stay away from children. The US is falling far enough back in the hard sciences as it is.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And we are really progressing since kicking God out of school, huh?

Yep, things are just getting more and more mo better in this country too.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/23/14.

Page 21 of 38 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,703
Posts18,494,295
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.