Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I love our local phugging moronstrying to equivocate a dog that attacks and kills with a dog that bites and then breaks it off.

The simple fact that a pit is much more likely to kill once the attack starts is all by itself reason enough to shoot them and their [bleep] stupid owners on sight. Anyone who can't get that between their ears needs their ass kicked by someone who just has no interest in quitting until they can comprehend the difference. This has nothing to do with a dog's propensity to bite, and everything to do with what comes after. Most dogs that bite do so without doing any real damage or intending to do any damage. A dog that goes into kill mode once an attack begins has no place loose under any circumstances. They quite obviously cannot discriminate family from intruder/enemy.

Last edited by MILES58; 07/21/14.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MILES58
I love our local phugging moronstrying to equivocate a dog that attacks and kills with a dog that bites and then breaks it off.

The simple fact that a pit is much more likely to kill once the attack starts is all by itself reason enough to shoot them and their [bleep] stupid owners on sight. Anyone who can't get that between their ears needs their ass kicked by someone who just has no interest in quitting until they can comprehend the difference. This has nothing to do with a dog's propensity to bite, and everything to do with what comes after. Most dogs that bite do so without doing any real damage or intending to do any damage. A dog that goes into kill mode once an attack begins has no place loose under any circumstances. They quite obviously cannot discriminate family from intruder/enemy.

Everything I've read (with any documentation) about pits does not support that. My personal experience does not support that. So, I'm a moron.

My experience is that any large dog breed can be trained or bred to tenacity. If pitbulls are especially prone to that and they are eliminated entirely, other breeds will be put to the same service by those who would do so.

How does this not sound like the whole gun ban debate? Deadly device in untrained/irresponsible/criminal hands....it's all the same.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Everything I've read (with any documentation) about pits does not support that. My personal experience does not support that. So, I'm a moron.

My experience is that any large dog breed can be trained or bred to tenacity. If pitbulls are especially prone to that and they are eliminated entirely, other breeds will be put to the same service by those who would do so.

How does this not sound like the whole gun ban debate? Deadly device in untrained/irresponsible/criminal hands....it's all the same.

Find me five examples of English Setters killing humans.

Last edited by MILES58; 07/21/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Smells of an agenda.

If there wasn't a problem, what's the agenda?
Who(m) or what would benefit from any action?

The agenda is more control

Many attacks don't involve "Pit Bulls" at all, but that's how they are labled in the media, much the same way as rifles all being called "assault weapons", whether they are or not

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am still waiting on the five examples of killer setters. You and the other resident moron ought to be able to google up that many if half the bullshit you claim is even remotely true.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper
Smells of an agenda.

More control from...........???

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't read many news reports of guns jumping from a gun cabinet or gun safe, running across the yard and shooting anyone.
So not really the same, agreed?

Nor a water bucket jumping up around a kids head and drowning them. There is most likely human negligence in these two but with the pits you can add bad dog/poorly trained dog/bad breed (you choose) along with the negligence of the human. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just read some stats,

Dog bite statistics ::

Each day, about 1,000 U.S. citizens require emergency care treatment for dog bite injury.1 The following studies examine injury occurrence and the dog breeds most likely to bite.

Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada,
September 1982 to December 31, 2013

By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2013, Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, shows the breeds most responsible for serious injury and death.

The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, curs, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes, inflict:
81% of attacks that induce bodily harm
76% of attacks to children
87% of attack to adults
72% of attacks that result in fatalities
81% that result in maiming
Embody 9.2%+ of the total dog population

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIL
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye
Smells of an agenda.

More control from...........???

The Govt would ultimately be doing the controlling.

The "cries" for more control comes from a small minority who thinks things they don't like should be banned.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
looks like we need to just ban dogs. Period. Get rid of all of them. Damn, let's do it for the kids.
Oh, and cats have to go too, because just one contact can cause life threatening cat scratch fever.
And all the rodents too. They harbor fleas, which can pass on bubonic plague.
Snakes? Yeah, too dangerous, especially the killer constrictors.
and on, and on, and on............

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
Haven't read many news reports of guns jumping from a gun cabinet or gun safe, running across the yard and shooting anyone.
So not really the same, agreed?

Nor a water bucket jumping up around a kids head and drowning them. There is most likely human negligence in these two but with the pits you can add bad dog/poorly trained dog/bad breed (you choose) along with the negligence of the human. miles

In many of the cases of dogs attacking small children, it's parental negligence that causes them to be with the dogs in the first place.

One of the ones this past weekend was a 4 year old who went outside without anyone knowing

It doesn't take a "bad breed" or "poor training" for a kid to aggrevate a dog enough to get hurt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What does that have to do with anything?
They aren't a "large breed", and not even a popular breed.

Most of the so called "Pit Bull" attacks aren't Pit Bulls to begin with

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"A study conducted at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School identified fatal dog bites during the period 1966�1980. They identified 74 incidents from newspapers and the medical literature ... many involved large and powerful molosser breeds: eight Saint Bernards, six [English] Bull terriers, six Great Danes, as well as two attacks by Boxers and one by a Rottweiler.

In contrast to the time period covered by the CDC study, which found pit bulls and Rottweilers to be the most commonly involved breed in such attacks during that [more recent] time period, this study found no fatal pit bull attacks at all in the US during its time period [1966-1980], and only one Rottweiler attack." Wikipedia

Notice that prior to the Pitbull becoming popular among the "gangsta" subculture (which began in the early 1990s), fatal Pitbull attacks were extreme rarities. None, in fact, were recorded in the above study between the years 1966 and 1980.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a study in 2000 on dog bite-related fatalities (DBRF) that covered the years 1979�1998. The report concluded that relying on media coverage of dog-bite-related fatalities presents a biased view of the dogs involved. They stated that media reports are likely to only cover about 74% of the actual incidents and that dog attacks involving certain breeds may be more likely to receive media coverage. They also reported that since breed identification is difficult and subjective, attacks may be more likely to be "ascribed to breeds with a reputation for aggression.""

Same link as above.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Moron number one speaks.

According to you and moron two, molossers do account for the vast majority of fatal attacks. Pits and pit mixes are the problem that much is clear since there are no licensure requirements prohibiting blacks or gangstas or trailer trash from owning or requiring ownership or requiring ownership of specific breeds by anyone. Thus, it is undeniably a breed problem and not a people problem or we would see the exact same behavior out of other breeds.

That is exactly what setters have to do with it. Dog bites in general tend to follow breed distribution. Fatal attacks by dogs do not. THEY are almost entirely confined to molossers.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a study in 2000 on dog bite-related fatalities (DBRF) that covered the years 1979�1998. The report concluded that relying on media coverage of dog-bite-related fatalities presents a biased view of the dogs involved. They stated that media reports are likely to only cover about 74% of the actual incidents and that dog attacks involving certain breeds may be more likely to receive media coverage. They also reported that since breed identification is difficult and subjective, attacks may be more likely to be "ascribed to breeds with a reputation for aggression.""

Same link as above.

Moron number two speaks.

Your CDC data strongly suggests that molossers are bad and getting worse. An excellent argument for elimination of the dogs and quite probably all of the breeders as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Theres gonna be Breed Specific Legislation whether the Pit Bull lovers like it or not�.

You can't fix stupid, and theres too many stupid people buying and owning pit bulls to make themselves look like bad asses, then mistreating the dogs to make them act like bad asses...

A 3 year old girl got mauled at a city park here. Pit owner was less than 2 weeks out of jail, with an outstanding warrant for his arrest...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

find me a stat that says that there are even 10% of the population of English setters that there are pitts. There more pitts than any other dog in the US, of course they;'re going to have more dog bites, they do damage when they bite becasue they're strong. Ive got 2 of them sitting right next to me as I type this. They are not a breed for novice dogs owners I.e most blacks. I always tell people that approx 5% of pitbull owners should be allowed to have one.

I dont let my dogs alone with any kids. They love my neices and nephews and are extremely tolerant, and even more protective of them, but anyone who leaves a child alone with any dog is a dumbass. There have been kids killed by pomeranians and yorkies.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Same link as above.

Moron number two speaks.

Your CDC data strongly suggests that molossers are bad and getting worse. An excellent argument for elimination of the dogs and quite probably all of the breeders as well.

you are an ignorant tool arent you? maybe we should ban ignorant people such as yourself. Perhaps a 22 behind the ear of you and your whole family just to make sure your hatred doestn spread. You are no better than the gun grabbing libtards

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only thing that a pit bull does better then any other breed is to fight to the death,, to bore in and kill. Thats it,

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 11 invisible), 14,433 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.