Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think there should be an amendment, that along with the Candidate for President being American born, they must have also served in our Nation's Armed Forces... so we don't end up with another Obama Clueless idiot who is anti American and Anti Military....

wanna clean up Washington? the first step would be a Constitutional Amendment banning Attorneys from holding political office...

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I found the law!
[Linked Image]

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I needed a laugh and reread that article about a month ago. Thanks John.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
As a Country we need a "do-over".
It's like getting backlash on your spinning reel. Forget about untangling the mess, just cut your line and respool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A constitutional convention is the only legal way to do it and I agree.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
There should be a Law against Democrats politicians serving in the Washington DC

Tweaked it

Last edited by CRS; 07/22/14.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dunno about what, but that's apparently the opinion of a number of Campfire members who claim to be against more government. Thought I'd just get the ball rolling.

Many members of the 'fire and liberal, neocon, RINO's, but think they're conservative because they support their version of the Second Amendment.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sadly, I think we'll see SHTF before we get to a Constitutional convention.
Hopefully a positive result from either scenario. Meanwhile, a lot of pain to be endured.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Sadly, I think we'll see SHTF before we get to a Constitutional convention.
Hopefully a positive result from either scenario. Meanwhile, a lot of pain to be endured.

Either way, hitting the reset button is warranted.

My personal opinion is that there is absolutely nothing broken with the constitution that we have. It just needs to be adhered to. It is a fact that the government we have now will not adhere to it because big government serves itself, and not the people.

A Constitutional Convention would be a more peaceful way to resolution, but you are left with the very government structure and people that brought us to this point, and all they would have to do is ignore it.

If the very people that are responsible for governing for the people and neglect to do so, are dragged out of their offices and made an example of, publically, the next person that sits in that office may not be so willing to take the duties lightly. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hell, I ain't even for 'hunting seasons'. Limits are fine but I have a problem with seasons.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm,how about making a law that ALL candidates for elective public office be FORCED to undergo a background investigation and weeding out as stringent as those done for pistol permit applicants in say...New York City????

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A Constitutional Convention won't work the way you think it will. The new Constitution will sound nice to the average ear, but will be filled with wriggle words that only a few will recognize as such.

And besides, if the government ignores our current Constitution, what makes you think they would abide by a new and better one?

PS The only real changes that need to be made to the US Constitution are to eliminate the changes made after the Thirteenth Amendment. Do that and you'd have about the best Constitution any people could hope for, but you know that's not going to happen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about this. A law that says Congress is no exempt form any laws they make and all laws on the books must be enforced or repealed.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They should all pee in a cup. at least.
And oh yeah, have a VALID birth certificate..
maybe school registrations... something!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Term Limits.......

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
How about this. A law that says Congress is no exempt form any laws they make and all laws on the books must be enforced or repealed.
Once a constitutional convention is called, there are no limits on what they can do, even to scrap the Constitution in whole and start from scratch, which is most likely what they'd do, even if the people only demanded the convention for a single amendment. The Articles of Confederation were supposed to be slightly tweaked by the Constitutional Convention of 1789. They immediately decided to scrap them and start from scratch, even though that was not their mandate from the people. That will likely be the result this time too, but do you trust the people who will be doing it to do such with as much concern for liberty and with as much wisdom as exercised by the Founding Fathers? I sure don't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
As a Country we need a "do-over".
It's like getting backlash on your spinning reel. Forget about untangling the mess, just cut your line and respool.

Good analogy! I vote for a do-over. That means following our Constitution and none of this dictator BS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Scott F
Once a constitutional convention is called, there are no limits on what they can do, even to scrap the Constitution in whole and start from scratch, which is most likely what they'd do, even if the people only demanded the convention for a single amendment. The Articles of Confederation were supposed to be slightly tweaked by the Constitutional Convention of 1789. They immediately decided to scrap them and start from scratch, even though that was not their mandate from the people. That will likely be the result this time too, but do you trust the people who will be doing it to do such with as much concern for liberty and with as much wisdom as exercised by the Founding Fathers? I sure don't.

No way I would go for a constitutional convention right now.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Lawyers (as members of the judicial branch) should be barred from seeking elective office (the legislative branch).
No one who ever held a law degree should be writing the laws - that is a conflict of interest at it's very core!

Last edited by mark shubert; 07/22/14. Reason: punctuation

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
A Constitutional Convention would be a more peaceful way to resolution, but you are left with the very government structure and people that brought us to this point, and all they would have to do is ignore it.
The progressives are much better organizers than conservatives, and don't fight among themselves over foolish nonsense when it's important to stick together, unlike stubborn, hardheaded, conservatives. The progressives would stack the deck in a constitutional convention and the constitution that emerged would not be recognizable or American. I'll pass on a constitutional convention. Mostly because conservatives can't be trusted to do the right thing when it's most needed. We've seen that rather often the last 5-6 years.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 70 invisible), 3,034 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,109
Posts18,483,299
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.