-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the head crashed, the platter(s) could be scratched. That being said that doesn't mean that ALL the data is unrecoverable or that there wasn't email server backups that aren't out there to get her e-mail from.

More fishy than Tsukiji market.

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
denton, I totally agree that I've never heard of a "scratched" hard drive. I've seen lots of them fail, but:
1) Never like that.
2) Never in the numbers involved here. 7 people with failed hard drives in the same year and all involved in the same scandal? Maybe 1 person out of a group of 20 will have a hard drive fail in a given year if you never replace their computers until they totally fail. Far less than that if they get new computers every 5 years or less.
That...

Anybody with half a brain and even a modicum of IT knowledge can figure out that the IRS is full of CHIT...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Calhoun
denton, I totally agree that I've never heard of a "scratched" hard drive. I've seen lots of them fail, but:
1) Never like that.
2) Never in the numbers involved here. 7 people with failed hard drives in the same year and all involved in the same scandal? Maybe 1 person out of a group of 20 will have a hard drive fail in a given year if you never replace their computers until they totally fail. Far less than that if they get new computers every 5 years or less.
That...

Anybody with half a brain and even a modicum of IT knowledge can figure out that the IRS is full of CHIT...

As is Congress and this entire charade of an inquiry.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Sounds suspicious to me.

Steve.
Yep. A scam intended to cover up and save butts.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The head of the IRS confirmed Wednesday that investigators looking into missing emails from ex-agency official Lois Lerner have found and are reviewing "backup tapes" -- despite earlier IRS claims that the tapes had been recycled.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, testifying before a House oversight subcommittee, stressed that he does not know "how they found them" or "whether there's anything on them or not." But he said the inspector general's office advised him the investigators are reviewing tapes to see if they contain any "recoverable" material.

The revelation is significant because the IRS claimed, when the agency first told Congress about the missing emails, that backup tapes "no longer exist because they have been recycled."

It is unclear whether the tapes in IG custody contain any Lerner emails, but Koskinen said investigators are now checking.

I say, turn them over now.

No need for you guys to clean review them first...

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have supported about 300 workstations here over the last 15 years.

During that period I have witnessed one failed hard drive. And it was on a system that was 12 years old at the time.

It is almost statistically impossible for the scenario that the IRS described to happen.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

During that period I have witnessed one failed hard drive. And it was on a system that was 12 years old at the time.

It is almost statistically impossible for the scenario that the IRS described to happen.

...without help.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by ironbender

...without help.

The odds of winning the Florida lottery are 1 in 22,957,480.

The odds of winning the Powerball is 1 in 175,223,510.

The odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 258,890,850.

The odds of a disk drive failing in any given month are roughly one in 36.

The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300.

The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656.

The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month (like what happened at the IRS when they received a letter asking about emails targeting conservative and pro Israeli groups) is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096. (that's over 78 Billion) In other words, the odds are greater that you will win the Florida Lottery 342 times than having those seven IRS hard drives crashing in the same month.

And, the odds of a Democrat telling the truth are even higher.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thing that pizzes me off is why won't they call in the all the IT people to testify. I mean everyone that worked in IT dept in the Cincinnati office at the time Learner was there. There can't be that many.

Stop asking the higher ups about what happened and go straight to the source. They'll find someone who's not willing to go along with BS stories that are being spewed. Grant them immunity and go for the higher ups that are behind this crap.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's what never made sense here. When I was in .mil, NOTHING was saved an individual hard drives, it was all kept on an exchange server.

I don't see what her hard drive has to do with this.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's what never made sense here. When I was in .mil, NOTHING was saved an individual hard drives, it was all kept on an exchange server.

I don't see what her hard drive has to do with this.

It has nothing to do with her crimes and everything to do with .gov parading out kabuki theater for the cheerleaders on both sides. If they really wanted answers, they'd have them already. They don't want the answers; they only want to remain in power.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It has nothing to do with her crimes and everything to do with .gov parading out kabuki theater for the cheerleaders on both sides.

So you're saying the GOP is going to bat for the Tea Party because it was targeted by the IRS? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Touch�

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This will get stalled until November and sh*t won't happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The [bleep] emails are not on the hard drive. They are on an Exchange server somewhere or have been moved to tape or some other backup media.

Once again the Republicans lack the rollers to demand a special prosecutor to investigate this. Throw her skank ass in jail for a month or two and I would imagine a lot of things will come to light.

With all the time that has now elapsed, wherever the emails were, they have long since been deleted & tracks covered.

At this point, nothing will be found, either on the PC or on the server.

But you are right that her azz should be hauled out & locked up & it should have been long ago, too.

The Repubs have no balls & no leverage either & Holder continues to stonewall...........this is going nowhere at this late date, IMO.

MM

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It will all come out (truth) sometime after 2016.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fish head
The thing that pizzes me off is why won't they call in the all the IT people to testify. I mean everyone that worked in IT dept in the Cincinnati office at the time Learner was there. There can't be that many.

Stop asking the higher ups about what happened and go straight to the source. They'll find someone who's not willing to go along with BS stories that are being spewed. Grant them immunity and go for the higher ups that are behind this crap.

What we have here is an example of a government that thinks the people are stupid. I have little knowledge of IT, but I thought the failed hard drive explanation made no sense. Maybe I am stupid so I asked several IT people how this can be explained. They said the failed hard drive explanation makes no sense. I guess I am not stupid after all, but the government insists I am stupid and we are all stupid.

Huh! Emails take up a lot of server space, and it's because emails get duplicated over and over again. And over again. This isn't rocket science after all. The emails exist. Apparently the IRS is full of lawbreakers, and the House committee doesn't care all that much or it would ask for the email servers.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Next will be the explanation the emails were lost as a result of a Youtube video.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Until someone is jailed and facing serious charges and singing for immunity those that we all know were ultimately behind using the IRS and other alphabets as political weapons will remain well guarded.

Holder with the full force of the DoJ stands full in the way of this happening.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be a head crash, used to be fairly routine in the days of washing machine size single platter drives. Kinda rare with higher speeds and tiny magnetoresistive heads now though. If you were lucky enough to have a head crash while powering down and the head was moving to the landing zone it could scratch a lot of tracks.

Still the IRS line taken as a whole doesn't pass the smell test. Not even close.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 1234, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.