Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Spud
Originally Posted by asphaltangel

Originally Posted by thin_man
I suppose the caveman that wrote genesis didn't realize the sun (created on the 4th day) was required to have "day"(created on the 1st day) and "seed-bearing plants and trees" (created on the 3rd day) because the order is obviously all wrong. Who realized photosynthesis was required at that time? He/They also apparently didn't realize the "lesser light to govern the night" was nothing more than a natural satellite reflecting sunlight.

I could be wrong, but you may be over thinking this. Have you ever believed in something that you cannot fully understand or logically explain?
Moses wrote Genesis, not a caveman. The same One who created, dictated the account to Moses.

Man you are ancient if you were there when Moses allegedly wrote the Book of Genesis.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, sounds like he will live forever too. grin

Last edited by eyeball; 07/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So what, god used a drop light to finish working? You guys are funny but please stay away from children. The US is falling far enough back in the hard sciences as it is.

Do a little research and discover when the US started falling. Let me give you a clue where to start. About the mid 1960's. What happened in the early '60's? God was kicked out of school. Since then test scores have fallen year after year. Divorce has risen faster since then. Crime has risen faster since then. Fatherless rate has risen since then, etc, etc.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
And we are really progressing since kicking God out of school, huh?

Yep best thing that ever happened, Quit brainwashing them early.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yep, things are just getting more and more mo better in this country too.

God is in the theology department not the science department. Unfortunately, creationism, environmentalism, liberalism, etc. should also be in the theology department as well rather than the science department.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Crime and national debt and unfunded liabilities up, more lesbos, trannys, and illegal foreigners and wolfs and libturds and Muzzies too. wink

Now we have progressed to the problem of global warming and increased co2 and cow farts too. Open borders and us working folk having to feed steak to lazy welfare bums and commie and muzzy Bastids too. Yea, the smell of progress reminds me of hell, or at least a coming tribulation.

Two percent of the folks are gay but all you hear every day is how homos are good for our ass.

Seems someone should say good is turned evil and evil has turned good.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Eyeball, it seems the hard science supporters and theologians believe this country needs a good catharsis, but for quite different reasons.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.
It is a scientific fact that the earth is billions of years old, and to blatantly deny facts because they threaten your belief system doesn't lend much credence to 'your' belief system.

Based on what science?! If you accept scientific facts, why don�t you accept the fact of the earth�s magnetic field deteriorating with a half life of 1,400 years. When I corresponded with Dr. Thomas Barnes about it, he was considered the world�s leading expert on it. He told me if the earth was only 20,000 years old it would be liquefied by the heat generated by the magnetic action. If you accept scientific facts why don�t you accept the new information about the amount of helium in deep crustal rocks? The helium would have leached out millions of years ago.

You don�t hesitate to accept dating rocks of unknown ages, but reject dating rocks of known ages. No! You�re the one not accepting scientific facts.

Then why do you insist that the earth is only 6,000 years old...?

See above.

First, Thomas Barnes isn't a real PHD. His PHD is Honorary.

Second, contrary to his hypothesis, there is no exponential decay:

Year Dipole Moment
(� 1022 amp-meter2)
1835 8.558
1845 8.488
1880 8.363
1880 8.336
1885 8.347
1885 8.375
1905 8.291
1915 8.225
1922 8.165
1925 8.149
1935 8.088
1942.5 8.009
1945 8.065
1945 8.010
1945 8.066
1945 8.090
1955 8.035
1955 8.067
1958.5 8.038
1959 8.086
1960 8.053
1960 8.037
1960 8.025
1965 8.013
1965 8.017

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Look like progress to me:

[img:center]http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?g=Cj6[/img]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote]It's funny because it's obvious you're serious...! The same science, for example, that helps us understand, and control, nuclear fission. The same science, for example, that helps us understand nuclear fusion. The same science, for example, that produces linear accelerators that make different kinds of ionizing radiation that we can control and aim to treat different types of cancer using radioactive substances...the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils. Science has determined that we have rocks that are 3.7 billion years old, and they have used many different dating methods to determine this factual evidence regarding the antiquity of the earth.[/quote]

You were using science up to �the same type of substances that scientists use to date rocks and fossils.� That�s where you switched to philosophy. You know as well as I do that geologist can and do get different dates for the same rock using different dating systems. When those same dating systems are used on rocks from Hawaiian volcanoes and Mt St Hellens they get dates that are millions or billions of years older than the observed �date�.
That�s why I mentioned you accept dates for rocks of unknown ages but reject dates of known ages.

Morris, who propagated the St. Hellens fraud is well known for his intentional deceits within the scientific community.

In this example he intentionally misused the K-Ar dating technique:

The main misstatements of fact by Morris are as follows:

It was not the lava that was dated, but inclusions of olivine, called "xenoliths", present within the lava. These gave anomalously old age because they contained excess argon that the enclosing lava did not.

Morris failed to mention that the lava matrix without the xenoliths was dated and found to be too young to date using potassium-argon. (Funkhouser and Naughton [1968, 4603], stated that the matrix rock "can be said to contain no measurable radiogenic argon within experimental error.") This is consistent with the recent age of lavas and the state of the art of K-Ar dating at that time. The presence of excess argon was only a problem for the xenoliths but not for the lava containing them.

Morris cited other examples of anomalous dates produced by excess argon and falsely claimed that it is a universal problem for K-Ar dating. The problem is not universal, as the majority of minerals and rocks dated by K-Ar do not contain the excess argon. Where excess argon is a problem, accurate, reliable dates typically can be obtained using 40Ar/39Ar dating, as demonstrated by Dalrymple (1969) and Renne et al. (1997) and discussed by Dalyrmple (2000).

Morris's complaints are dated in that, for the most part, geologists no longer use the K-Ar dating technique as was practiced in 1974. Instead, K-Ar dating has been largely replaced by the related 40Ar/39Ar dating technique. This change also solved other problems that Morris complained about in his discussion of the K-Ar dating technique. These complaints were as follows:

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

First, Thomas Barnes isn't a real PHD. His PHD is Honorary.

You are correct. No the less he was still very respected. I took the following from BING.... "he was the head of the Schellenger Research Laboratories at Texas Western College (now University of Texas at El Paso), where he was completing a textbook on electricity and magnetism, and on whose faculty he served from 1938 until he retired in 1981"

Your documentation of a lack of magnitic decay still does not answer my question of why evolutionist accept dates for rocks of unknow ages and reject dates for known ages.

Also most folks are not aware of all the asumptions for dating rocks.

Assume there was not daughter product
Assume all daughter product came from the parent product
Assume there was no leaching of parent product
Assume no daughter product is present from leaching from another sourse
Assume the decay rate was constant for the duration whether miliseconds or billions of years
Assume no one is going to challenge these assumptions. If they do we will call them flat earthers and unscientific.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

I know you're not; just speaking out of not knowing. Your premise is wrong. Get back to me if interested.

Actually, my premise is dead on. When comparing the legends and myths of the Bible with the above mentioned places and let's also throw in the Roman and Greek legends and myths and it becomes very uncanny.

I know for people who believe the Bible is the true Word of a God it's impossible to come to grips that the Judeo Christian legends and myths actually came from earlier religions but unfortunately for Christians it's true.

The Monotheism of the Bible was the first belief system; all others that came down the chronological line were aberrations or corruptions of it. This includes all mythologies and is why many cultures have some sort of god or gods, "a flood story", and other reminiscences of what were originally Biblical occurrences/stories in them.

As ancient populations diverged and the original truths and faith were lost there were still remnants of Biblical truth, though corrupted, retained in their storied pasts, because all people groups had this common origin.

And what standard(s) are you using to declare the Bible myth and legend? If you use the usual, contemporary culture of unbelief, you are guilty of circular reasoning, starting with unbelief and thereby declaring it untrue. In your post above, you have historical chronology all mixed up in regards to religion, myths and legends.

On the other hand, Just two examples verifying scriptural personages and places include the secular, Jewish historian Josephus who has mentioned many Biblical Characters including Jesus in his histories. The second would be Middle East archeology which has not uncovered or discovered any ancient fact or artifact that has disproved any Biblical location, person or event; in fact, the opposite is true, verifying Biblical occurrences and locations. I'll add a third--the Dead Sea Scrolls--which when discovered showed our contemporary Biblical versions to be 99% accurate to the books discovered, and the miscues were in punctuation, not doctrinal statements.

I could go on from science and philosophy from an apologetic approach (here "apologetic" means a "defense" or argument "for").

No, those who refute the Bible as God's word do so not after carefully examining all the evidence objectively, but only because they've decided to not believe first.

I hate to be barer of bad news but the other legends and mythologies came before the Old Testament and even the New Testament. Monotheism came from one of the earlier Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt who's name escapes me at the moment but you can look it up if you are interested but of courser you are not. Judaism is an ancient Egypt religion. After all the Jews were a tribe of Egypt.

They guy you are looking for is Amenhotep IV, aka Akhenaten.

He reigned in about 1353-1336 BCE, putting his monotheism some 800 years prior to the writing of Genesis.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I hate to be barer of bad news but the other legends and mythologies came before the Old Testament and even the New Testament. Monotheism came from one of the earlier Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt who's name escapes me at the moment but you can look it up if you are interested but of courser you are not. Judaism is an ancient Egypt religion. After all the Jews were a tribe of Egypt.

They guy you are looking for is Amenhotep IV, aka Akhenaten.

He reigned in about 1353-1336 BCE, putting his monotheism some 800 years prior to the writing of Genesis.

I'm sure that's the one. It's on one of my college level courses.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course AH you understand that anything that occurred before the Book of Genesis doesn't exist.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Of course AH you understand that anything that occurred before the Book of Genesis doesn't exist.

There is no 50K years ago. grin

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

[img:center]http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?g=Cj6[/img]

Yes, and the same goes for the queers, commies, Muzzies and ze ro too.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Without an agreement on what is absolute truth, you and I may have a completely different world view and set of morals. I may think it's completely fine to rape and pillage, and you may not. Now, who is right?

THE LAW!

Which one? Mosaic, Sharia, English Common?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yes, and the same goes for the queers, commies, Muzzies and ze ro too.

That's correct. The rising standard of living includes everyone. Unlike you, it does not discriminate.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The standard rose on IOUs. Tell me about it when the note comes due.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Without an agreement on what is absolute truth, you and I may have a completely different world view and set of morals. I may think it's completely fine to rape and pillage, and you may not. Now, who is right?

THE LAW!

Which one? Mosaic, Sharia, English Common?

The law of man as established by the legislature or Congress.

Personally, I believe in natural law.

Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,740
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.