Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Without an agreement on what is absolute truth, you and I may have a completely different world view and set of morals. I may think it's completely fine to rape and pillage, and you may not. Now, who is right?

THE LAW!

Which one? Mosaic, Sharia, English Common?

The law of man as established by the legislature or Congress.

Personally, I believe in natural law.

There is much in our current body of law that does not comport with ethics nor morality, and certainly not with natural law.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

First, Thomas Barnes isn't a real PHD. His PHD is Honorary.

You are correct. No the less he was still very respected.

laffin'

But you still touted him as "Dr." Thomas Barnes like he carried some kinda weight on this matter when you "talked" to him about it. Do you take this kind of disingenuous liberty in your book too...?

still laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do you take this kind of disingenuous liberty in your book too...?

The book is about signs, wonders, miracles, and healings I have been involved with. After you read the book let me know which person you want to meet to verify the experience.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This morning I decided to do a little checking on BING to see if I could find something about the earth's magnetic field by someone I respect more than an internet blogger. I found the following. This is just the first paragraph of his paper.

Second, contrary to his hypothesis, there is no exponential decay:

"The Earth�s Magnetic Field is Still Losing Energy
D. Russell Humphreys
CRSQ Vol 39 No 1 pp 1-11 June 2002
ABSTRACT
This paper closes a loophole in the case for a young earth based on the loss of energy from various parts of the earth�s magnetic field. Using ambiguous 1967 data, evolutionists had claimed that energy gains in minor (�non-dipole�) parts compensate for the energy loss from the main (�dipole�) part. However, nobody seems to have checked that claim with newer, more accurate data. Using data from the International Geomagnetic Reference Field (IGRF) I show that from 1970 to 2000, the dipole part of the field steadily lost 235 � 5 billion megajoules of energy, while the non-dipole part gained only 129 � 8 billion megajoules. Over that 30-year period, the net loss of energy from all observable parts of the field was 1.41 � 0.16 %. At that rate, the field would lose half its energy every 1465 � 166 years. Combined with my 1990 theory explaining reversals of polarity during the Genesis Flood and intensity fluctuations after that, these new data support the creationist model: the field has rapidly and continuously lost energy ever since God created it about 6,000 years ago."

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So you did an internet search to find information to refute what you read on the internet?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

So you did an internet search to find information to refute what you read on the internet?

You don't see a difference in a anonomous blogger and a Ph.D scientist? Did you take a moment to check his crdentials? I heard this author in lecture and read his books. He is the scienctist who figured out why the space craft are slowing down when they go past Pluto's orbit.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ringman, you can find a "PhD. scientist" to support any position you want. The key is whether their findings were reported in a refereed journal. That is, refereed by his peers.

Without checking, I can tell you that your PhD's findings were not.

Which means that his findings are about as valid as an internet blogger's.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bet you can even find a scientist that reports as fact some volatile gases blew up billions of years ago and turned into fish, birds, deer, alligators and azzholes.

Then, they will turn right around and bitch about kids getting brainwashed in school by lying libturds.

PS. If it happened, it was by the grace of God.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/24/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

There is much in our current body of law that does not comport with ethics nor morality, and certainly not with natural law.

You won't get an argument out of me but that's the way it is. They have the force behind them.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you take this kind of disingenuous liberty in your book too...?

The book is about signs, wonders, miracles, and healings I have been involved with. After you read the book let me know which person you want to meet to verify the experience.

The mind is a wonderful thing and can see much that can't be verified.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This morning I decided to do a little checking on BING to see if I could find something about the earth's magnetic field by someone I respect more than an internet blogger. I found the following. This is just the first paragraph of his paper.

Second, contrary to his hypothesis, there is no exponential decay:

"The Earth�s Magnetic Field is Still Losing Energy
D. Russell Humphreys
CRSQ Vol 39 No 1 pp 1-11 June 2002
ABSTRACT
This paper closes a loophole in the case for a young earth based on the loss of energy from various parts of the earth�s magnetic field. Using ambiguous 1967 data, evolutionists had claimed that energy gains in minor (�non-dipole�) parts compensate for the energy loss from the main (�dipole�) part. However, nobody seems to have checked that claim with newer, more accurate data. Using data from the International Geomagnetic Reference Field (IGRF) I show that from 1970 to 2000, the dipole part of the field steadily lost 235 � 5 billion megajoules of energy, while the non-dipole part gained only 129 � 8 billion megajoules. Over that 30-year period, the net loss of energy from all observable parts of the field was 1.41 � 0.16 %. At that rate, the field would lose half its energy every 1465 � 166 years. Combined with my 1990 theory explaining reversals of polarity during the Genesis Flood and intensity fluctuations after that, these new data support the creationist model: the field has rapidly and continuously lost energy ever since God created it about 6,000 years ago."

Any scientist that agrees with a 6,000 year old earth is in the same camp as a scientist who believes in global warming or climate change.

The Book of Geneses is a book of mythology pure and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
I bet you can even find a scientist that reports as fact some volatile gases blew up billions of years ago and turned into fish, birds, deer, alligators and azzholes.

Then, they will turn right around and bitch about kids getting brainwashed in school by lying libturds.

PS. If it happened, it was by the grace of God.

Lying libturds are in many case not much different than ignorant Christians both cut from the same cloth.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
English Standard Version
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

So God is an ape. Man is a direct descendent of Apes.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Without checking, I can tell you that your PhD's findings were not.

Which means that his findings are about as valid as an internet blogger's.

You are an amazing person. You know this man is no more educated than the general poplation with doing any research. Take a look at the following and tell us you are more educated and thus able to discredit what he says. It seems he has peers you don't.

"Humphreys graduated with a B.S. from Duke University and was awarded his Ph.D in physics from Louisiana State University in 1972. "He has worked for General Electric and Sandia National Laboratories in nuclear physics, where he received a patent and a science award"

Everyday Hunter
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Probably carried over into adulthood from his childhood upbringing. wink

Religious children have trouble deciding whether fairy tale heroes are real: study

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Secularists are terrified or flat out hate, take your pick, by those with faith, even though medical science often legitimizes faith by tells us it has definite healing properties.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You are an amazing person. You know this man is no more educated than the general poplation with doing any research.

Nice try Ringman. But you obviously need to go back and read my post again becasue nowhere in it did I question his education.

What I said was, his findings weren't published in a refereed scientific journal.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
"What's wrong with church"

Short answer, faith that lacks integrity...

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Secularists are terrified or flat out hate, take your pick, by those with faith, even though medical science often legitimizes faith by tells us it has definite healing properties.

So does a positive attitude.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Swifty52
English Standard Version
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

So God is an ape. Man is a direct descendent of Apes.

I can see the difference in a man and an ape and they aren't the same.

Your family evidently descended from apes, not mine.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 23 of 38 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.