Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
You would be surprised what fanatical Bible student I have been. I was a cutterhead builder for most of my working life. I worked in the wood industry sharpening knives for machines. Normally I worked alone in the grinding room. Over about three decades I wore out three cassette tape players listening to the New Testament. Just a few years ago my mind was still sharp enough if you read a chapter from the New Testament I could tell you which one it was. Often I could get it if you read only a verse.
At home I had a concordance, a couple sets of commentaries and at least four Greek language books as well as a very large Bible dictionary to help me. While my kids were growing up I got rid of the television and read to them in the evening. At the church where I attended during those years the pastor consulted me often about Scriptural subjects. I didn�t get spoon fed. I was the one doing the feeding.

laffin'

You're humble too...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pure, unadulterated baloney.

Either the world is 6000 years old and the dinosaurs never existed...or the dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago and evolution was the path God took to create the universe.

You give a false dichotomy. There is at least a third possibility:

God�s Word is correct and to be understood just the way He narrated the Genesis account to Moses. That means the dinosaurs were created on the sixth day along with Adam and Eve. Remember God instructed Job, starting in chapter 38, to consider several animals we are quite familiar with. They lived at the time. God finished with a couple very strange to us creatures. One was a fire breathing dragon and the other was an animal so large it had a tail like a cedar. I attended a lecture by an archeologists which did not include discussing the above. Never the less he did mention something to the effect, �If a legend shows up in five different cultures it is rooted in real history.� Fire breathing dragons are mentioned in Europe, England, China, Japan, Korea, Philippines and where else? Israel!

If you do a search on BING you can find dinosaurs drawn on cave walls and pottery along side of animals we are familiar with. I saw a photo of a Catholic priest�s grave who died about five hundred years ago. It was adorned with various animals, including two dinosaurs. I remember one devout evolutionist who thoroughly believed in molecules to man. He once said, �I have no trouble believing in most of what Darwin said. But he was totally wrong about dinosaurs dying out millions of years ago. They lived with modern man.�

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by derby_dude
BRISTECD,

You would be surprised what fanatical Bible student I have been. I was a cutterhead builder for most of my working life. I worked in the wood industry sharpening knives for machines. Normally I worked alone in the grinding room. Over about three decades I wore out three cassette tape players listening to the New Testament. Just a few years ago my mind was still sharp enough if you read a chapter from the New Testament I could tell you which one it was. Often I could get it if you read only a verse.

At home I had a concordance, a couple sets of commentaries and at least four Greek language books as well as a very large Bible dictionary to help me. While my kids were growing up I got rid of the television and read to them in the evening. At the church where I attended during those years the pastor consulted me often about Scriptural subjects. I didn�t get spoon fed. I was the one doing the feeding.

Like Regan said, "It's not that they're ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so."

Good grief Ringman you are one scary dude.

Nah, he ain't scary.

He has his convictions and that's OK.

You want to talk scary..??

Try those ISIS dudes in Syria and Iraq. Now, that's scary...!!

Ringman won't cut yo head off with a finely honed Damascus blade... shocked

DF

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
BRISTECD,

Like Regan said, "It's not that they're ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so."

Nah, he ain't scary.

DF

we shouldn't be engaging those True Believers until they have overrun Tehran. ya know? how they'll deal with Isral in the interim I have no clue.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I think Israel could deal them them, if it came to that...

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
BRISTECD,

Nah, he ain't scary.

DF

Those dudes in Iraq have a lot in common with ringman. They both take an extremely literal and fanatical view of their respective holy books. Ringman's views won't reach the critical mass of the population necessary to go all jihadi/crusadey on people like the muzzies though.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, I don't doubt your perspective for a moment.

who knows, in the world of kings, queens, and oil markets who knows what?

perhaps there's more going on than the mass media is telling us lowly commoners?

anyways, watch the oil markets, and gold prices. people who trade on such realities are messenging the whole world.

i shopped at the Kroger today, and they had a lot of marked down merchandise. but, what could that possibly mean??

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Those people have NOTHING in common with Ringman.

Islam, the religion of "peace" cherishes death, the Judeo-Christian ethos cherishes life. Those are at opposite spectrums, poles apart as light from darkness.

That's why there will never be a true and lasting peace, no grounds for such...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw a photo of a Catholic priest�s grave who died about five hundred years ago. It was adorned with various animals, including two dinosaurs.

laffin'

So because a 500 year old grave was decorated with dinosaurs, you deduce that dinosaurs lived with modern man...?

Good grief...!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Those people have NOTHING in common with Ringman.

Islam, the religion of "peace" cherishes death, the Judeo-Christian ethos cherishes life. Those are at opposite spectrums, poles apart as light from darkness.

That's why there will never be a true and lasting peace, no grounds for such...

DF
Too true. Kind if like lying taxing theiving Dimocraps vs us drs,, no uh Christians, I mean conservatives. Well, actually all three.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/25/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by billhilly
Those dudes in Iraq have a lot in common with ringman. They both take an extremely literal and fanatical view of their respective holy books.

^^^^^^^

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, that's why we make use guys pay for abortions and accept Jesus Christ. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Those dudes in Iraq have a lot in common with ringman. They both take an extremely literal and fanatical view of their respective holy books.

^^^^^^^

I would imagine the only thing Ringman has in common with them is that he would die for what he believes - and I'll stand with him there. I doubt we will have to but if The Lord should tarry, you never know

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yea, that's why we make use guys pay for abortions and accept Jesus Christ. grin

Or lose you head in the public square...

Don't forget that small detail...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thosee dudes in Iraq have a lot in common with ringman. They both take an extremely literal and fanatical view of their respective holy books. Ringman's views won't reach the critical mass of the population necessary to go all jihadi/crusadey on people like the muzzies though.

The extreme Christian turns the other cheek when struck. The extreme Muslim can not comprehend this concept.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Originally Posted by antlers

^^^^^^^

I would imagine the only thing Ringman has in common with them is that he would die for what he believes...

Nope, that's not the 'only' thing he has in common with them, as mentioned in the original quote by billhilly...he has "an extremely literal and fanatical view" of the Bible, just as they have an extremely literal and fanatical view of the Koran.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

So because a 500 year old grave was decorated with dinosaurs, you deduce that dinosaurs lived with modern man...?

You read the post and that's all you got?

Good grief...!

Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Bible says nothing about killing the unbeliever, antlers, as does the Koran. Are you stupid enough to not know that, or so dishonest you don't say the truth?

Last edited by eyeball; 07/25/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You read the post and that's all you got?

No, I got more of your intentional misrepresentation of the truth, more of your deceit, and more of your disingenuousness that has continuously been displayed by you throughout this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
The Bible says nothing about killing the unbeliever, antlers, as does the Koran. Are you stupid enough to not know that, or so dishonest you don't say the truth?

We weren't discussing the subject matter of the respective holy books eyeball. Clearly we were discussing the two party's literal and fanatical interpretation of their respective holy books.
Now go back to cussing, calling names, lying...and at the same time professing your 'Christianity'.

laffin'

Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,324 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.