Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Ringman and I may not be 100% on the same page theologically, but I respect his stand and convictions.

So many "Christians" are in name only. The test would be, if they were arrested for being a Christian and taken to court, would there be enough evidence to convict..??

At least with Ringman, you know where he stands.

And, that's not all bad, you know...

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
Pure, unadulterated baloney.

Either the world is 6000 years old and the dinosaurs never existed...or the dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago and evolution was the path God took to create the universe.

You give a false dichotomy. There is at least a third possibility:

God�s Word is correct and to be understood just the way He narrated the Genesis account to Moses. That means the dinosaurs were created on the sixth day along with Adam and Eve. Remember God instructed Job, starting in chapter 38, to consider several animals we are quite familiar with. They lived at the time. God finished with a couple very strange to us creatures. One was a fire breathing dragon and the other was an animal so large it had a tail like a cedar. I attended a lecture by an archeologists which did not include discussing the above. Never the less he did mention something to the effect, �If a legend shows up in five different cultures it is rooted in real history.� Fire breathing dragons are mentioned in Europe, England, China, Japan, Korea, Philippines and where else? Israel!

If you do a search on BING you can find dinosaurs drawn on cave walls and pottery along side of animals we are familiar with. I saw a photo of a Catholic priest�s grave who died about five hundred years ago. It was adorned with various animals, including two dinosaurs. I remember one devout evolutionist who thoroughly believed in molecules to man. He once said, �I have no trouble believing in most of what Darwin said. But he was totally wrong about dinosaurs dying out millions of years ago. They lived with modern man.�

The giant dinosaurs could not live with man it's impossible but birds, direct descendents from dinosaurs, can.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by derby_dude
BRISTECD,

You would be surprised what fanatical Bible student I have been. I was a cutterhead builder for most of my working life. I worked in the wood industry sharpening knives for machines. Normally I worked alone in the grinding room. Over about three decades I wore out three cassette tape players listening to the New Testament. Just a few years ago my mind was still sharp enough if you read a chapter from the New Testament I could tell you which one it was. Often I could get it if you read only a verse.

At home I had a concordance, a couple sets of commentaries and at least four Greek language books as well as a very large Bible dictionary to help me. While my kids were growing up I got rid of the television and read to them in the evening. At the church where I attended during those years the pastor consulted me often about Scriptural subjects. I didn�t get spoon fed. I was the one doing the feeding.

Like Regan said, "It's not that they're ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so."

Good grief Ringman you are one scary dude.

Nah, he ain't scary.

He has his convictions and that's OK.

You want to talk scary..??

Try those ISIS dudes in Syria and Iraq. Now, that's scary...!!

Ringman won't cut yo head off with a finely honed Damascus blade... shocked

DF

People with those kinds of convictions scare the crap out of me. Those kinds of convictions lead to inquisitions and burning at the stake.

Sleep lite, keep your powder dry and your gun loaded.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thosee dudes in Iraq have a lot in common with ringman. They both take an extremely literal and fanatical view of their respective holy books. Ringman's views won't reach the critical mass of the population necessary to go all jihadi/crusadey on people like the muzzies though.

The extreme Christian turns the other cheek when struck. The extreme Muslim can not comprehend this concept.

I highly doubt that if I struck you you would turn the other cheek. Few Christians would.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
BRISTECD,

You would be surprised what fanatical Bible student I have been. I was a cutterhead builder for most of my working life. I worked in the wood industry sharpening knives for machines. Normally I worked alone in the grinding room. Over about three decades I wore out three cassette tape players listening to the New Testament. Just a few years ago my mind was still sharp enough if you read a chapter from the New Testament I could tell you which one it was. Often I could get it if you read only a verse.

At home I had a concordance, a couple sets of commentaries and at least four Greek language books as well as a very large Bible dictionary to help me. While my kids were growing up I got rid of the television and read to them in the evening. At the church where I attended during those years the pastor consulted me often about Scriptural subjects. I didn�t get spoon fed. I was the one doing the feeding.

Like Regan said, "It's not that they're ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so."

Good grief Ringman you are one scary dude.

Nah, he ain't scary.

He has his convictions and that's OK.

You want to talk scary..??

Try those ISIS dudes in Syria and Iraq. Now, that's scary...!!

Ringman won't cut yo head off with a finely honed Damascus blade... shocked

DF

People with those kinds of convictions scare the crap out of me. Those kinds of convictions lead to inquisitions and burning at the stake.

Sleep lite, keep your powder dry and your gun loaded.

"those kinds of convictions" I assume you mean the ISIS terrorists. Ringman would protect your right to be wrong with his life...

No sharp Damascus sword for your neck, there...

DF

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
The Bible says nothing about killing the unbeliever, antlers, as does the Koran. Are you stupid enough to not know that, or so dishonest you don't say the truth?

The Bible may not say anything about it but Christians have certainly killed a whole lot of unbelievers for well over a thousand years.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Guessing the most prolific posters on this thread have spent the least amount of time either in a Christian church or even walking with the Lord.

Par for the course.

Carry on.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

"those kinds of convictions" I assume you mean the ISIS terrorists. Ringman would protect your right to be wrong with his life...

No sharp Damascus sword for your neck, there...

DF

By convictions I mean such ignorance that no amount of fact is allowed to creep in or any thinking out side the box.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Antlers, so if a Christians beliefs are as strong as yours, they are the fanatics, right?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman and I may not be 100% on the same page theologically, but I respect his stand and convictions.
So many "Christians" are in name only. The test would be, if they were arrested for being a Christian and taken to court, would there be enough evidence to convict..??
At least with Ringman, you know where he stands.

Being fanatical and illogical and closed minded about a subject matter, despite evidence to the contrary, does not equate to being a Christian. Having blinders on and leaving them on about a subject matter, despite evidence to the contrary, does not equate to being a Christian.
Those who hope to use the Bible to beat dinosaurs and evolution and a very old earth into non-existence thankfully represent only a small number of the devoted followers of Christ...the majority of whom have no problem with dinosaurs, evolution, or a very old earth. They also, thankfully, don't have a problem with a spiritual, and allegorical...as well as historical...interpretation of the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Guessing the most prolific posters on this thread have spent the least amount of time either in a Christian church or even walking with the Lord.
Par for the course.
Carry on.

So you, being the self-professed 'Christian' that you are, just stopped by to sling some mud...without offering anything substantive or even 'knowing' what you're talking about...and now you're gonna move on...?

How typical...how "par for the course".

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Mak,

You are certainly allowing your prejudice to cloud your history facts. Are you as sharp as a Harvard Law School professor? Check out Simon Greenleaf.

In the mean time try not to post about the absence of the Person by Whom our calendars are dated.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Y'all still think this guy wouldn't be a problem if there were millions just like him in the majority somewhere?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by the_shootist

Par for the course.

Carry on.

I've spent enough time in a Church to see exactly what was going on.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Great thread. Only thing I can see from this side looking in is: 2Cor.4:4 and Matt.11:25. Carry on..... laugh

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
The Bible says nothing about killing the unbeliever, antlers, as does the Koran. Are you stupid enough to not know that, or so dishonest you don't say the truth?

That's just not true. There are over 30 genocides in the bible against non-believers. In addition, something as simple as breaking the Sabbath (something you can expect non-believers to do) carries the death penalty.

Here's a passage where God gives a direct order to kill 3k non-believers:

Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Great thread. Only thing I can see from this side looking in is: 2Cor.4:4 and Matt.11:25. Carry on..... laugh

11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

So you are saying I'm wise and prudent. Thank you for the compliment.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wasn't directed at any one person in particular. Just went to the end of the thread, and submitted the post. Don't forget the part about 2Cor.4:4, though. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to see the attacks on Ringmans character while he just presents what he finds. Such a contrast.

LOL
Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,700
Posts18,494,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.