Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Mak
This topic sure has beaten a lot of dead horses, but no one seems to have any clue about genuine history.
America is supposed to have a separation of church and state, because when the two are wedded, you get funny little things like psychoses and witch burnings and crusades.
Perhaps the funniest thing about all this is that there is no historicity to Jesus at all-zero. So, I still get ignoramuses declaring that the bible is the literal word of God. Really? The literal word of a man made myth?!?
How friggin ignorant is that!
I am forever amazed that masses of people will happily dedicate their lives to a religion they don't know the first thing about, just because they were told to. So much for land of the brave, and home of the free. More like land of the conformists and home of the ignoramuses.
Napoleon destroyed the church in France. He exposed and ruined their torture chambers, and drove them out thoroughly-but then, he reinstated the church, admitting that it was the great masses of his people who wanted their sick faith. He despaired of breaking through their ignorance, and gave them what they thought they wanted. Not much has changed in the human animal since then.

Same thing can be said for the lack of historicity of Muhammad.

When considering the strength of Ringman's faith, think about all the hours he's invested into it. It's a lot of time, an not many people would be able to admit to themselves they invested that much into an illusion.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So you believe in the literal interpretation of the story of Noah?

Yes. That's why I'm going to heaven.

You don't, so you're going to hell.

Travis

We really have to hold a get together where you and Ringman are the floor show. It would kill...

I may throw some sharp debating points his direction, but I really do like the him. We just disagree on one subject.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

Rejecting much of modern science because it conflicts with a strict literal interpretation of the Bible doesn't serve the cause of Christianity.

I doubt you are more educated than Dr. Kindell. Many years ago he told me, "Christians have two brains. One is lost and the other is out looking for it." There was no kidding involved and infact an insult was intended. He pesued at least ten fields of study. In everyone he prooved himself wrong. I am not saying he prooved some theory wrong. To his consternation he discovered the fact of science did not fit with what he was taught. He started reading creationist material, and like many others, converted to creationism from evolutionism.

He was not "Rejecting much of modern science because it conflicts with a strict literal interpretation of the Bible doesn't serve the cause of Christianity." He was rejecting what is mascarading as science and being taught to American students from kindergarten through graduate school.

If you think you, or one of your guys, can beat him in a debate on any subject, I will get with him to set it up. All he ask is you have a master's degree or above. He was accused of beating up on uneducated opponents so he made this requirement for further debates. He does not appeal to the Bible to defend his view of science. He does not resort to name calling or denigrating of his opponents. He unapologictically presents unadulterated scientific facts. Let me know.

1000 videos for Dr. Thomas Kindell on Youtube, and not a single one involves him debating anyone.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Maybe somebody from here will volunteer to be the first. We could post the video here, as well as youtube. Heck, the winner could even get the rights to market the full, un-cut version of the debate and keep all of the proceeds. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mak,

You are certainly allowing your prejudice to cloud your history facts. Are you as sharp as a Harvard Law School professor? Check out Simon Greenleaf.

In the mean time try not to post about the absence of the Person by Whom our calendars are dated.

Ringman (or any of the young earth proponents), can you explain why we can observe objects in the universe that are more than 6000 light years away?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Squidge
Mak,

You are certainly allowing your prejudice to cloud your history facts. Are you as sharp as a Harvard Law School professor? Check out Simon Greenleaf.

In the mean time try not to post about the absence of the Person by Whom our calendars are dated.

Ringman (or any of the young earth proponents), can you explain why we can observe objects in the universe that are more than 6000 light years away?

Squidge,

Here is one explanation. Not that I agree with it but it "works" from the perspective of an all powerful Creator, one who is fully capable of bringing the universe into existence.

One must see God as much more capable, detailed and creative than most of us, well maybe ALL of us, can comprehend. If one cannot comprehend God like this then one will simply be limited in what he can understand.

Here it goes the simplified version: Imagine the hand of God, imagine that he holds creation in his palm and then, having thought about what He is about to do, just slings it outward. The position of the galaxies are decided by Him ahead of the "throw." HE then simply creates the light from those galaxies as the galaxies are hurled about or otherwise placed in their positions.

Easy for the all powerful Creator to do if He chose to do it that way.

Also, I don't see in the Bible that the earth is 6000 years old.

THAT God DID it is the theme, not HOW or WHEN he did. This objection is simply a strawman for those who would either not understand or otherwise choose to denigrate Christianity. The central theme of the Bible is God and the next issue is YOU and God. It can be seen as a guide to relationships.

Oh, also, Mak is simply wrong. Many here won't allow their minds to be clouded with the facts. Might be too troublesome.

Anyway, gotta go, got work to do.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by billhilly
Y'all still think this guy wouldn't be a problem if there were millions just like him in the majority somewhere?

You and I would be burned at the stake for heresy.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

And all that proves what?

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Squidge,

Right after you explain to me how nothing became something and something traveling apart faster than the speed of light came together.

If you are serious there a book by Russell Humphreys Ph.D called Starlight & Time. If you tell me you would read it I will get one on the way to where ever you want it delivered.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by billhilly
Y'all still think this guy wouldn't be a problem if there were millions just like him in the majority somewhere?

You and I would be burned at the stake for heresy.

If you were lucky thats what would happen, if not you would have been drawn and quartered.

Swifty
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A dissected frog...has no life.....

frown smile

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Squidge,

Right after you explain to me how nothing became something and something traveling apart faster than the speed of light came together.

If you are serious there a book by Russell Humphreys Ph.D called Starlight & Time. If you tell me you would read it I will get one on the way to where ever you want it delivered.

Right after you prove there was really nothing there to begin with.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Squidge
Mak,

Squidge,

Here is one explanation. Not that I agree with it but it "works" from the perspective of an all powerful Creator, one who is fully capable of bringing the universe into existence.

One must see God as much more capable, detailed and creative than most of us, well maybe ALL of us, can comprehend. If one cannot comprehend God like this then one will simply be limited in what he can understand.

Here it goes the simplified version: Imagine the hand of God, imagine that he holds creation in his palm and then, having thought about what He is about to do, just slings it outward. The position of the galaxies are decided by Him ahead of the "throw." HE then simply creates the light from those galaxies as the galaxies are hurled about or otherwise placed in their positions.

Easy for the all powerful Creator to do if He chose to do it that way.

Also, I don't see in the Bible that the earth is 6000 years old.

THAT God DID it is the theme, not HOW or WHEN he did. This objection is simply a strawman for those who would either not understand or otherwise choose to denigrate Christianity. The central theme of the Bible is God and the next issue is YOU and God. It can be seen as a guide to relationships.

Oh, also, Mak is simply wrong. Many here won't allow their minds to be clouded with the facts. Might be too troublesome.

Anyway, gotta go, got work to do.

TF

The Bible has been dated or I should say the first writings of the Old Testament has been dated to be about 6,000 years old. Hence, the earth must be 6,000 years old.

To put this in perspective. The ancient Celts did not believe in writing down their legends and mythologies, every story was oral. The ancient legends and mythologies of the Celts weren't written down down until about 700 to 800 years ago with the conversion to Christianity. One could say the Earth is about 700 to 800 years old when the first writings of the Celts started to appear.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
derby_dude,

All this proves what?

It proves people knew what dinosaurs looked before fossils started showing up. Some of the things in the photos are hundreds of years old.

I remember one scientist was amazed to discover a several hundred year old model of a triceratops in South America, I think it was, with frills along its back because a very recent discovery of a triceratops imprint displayed frills along it back. How did the local know to put frills along the back? Because they lived at the same time in the same area.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fossils have been around for millennium not unlikely ancient people would have seen fossils. Advanced civilizations have come and gone.

As a member of the Museum of The Rockies it's impossible for us puny humans to have co-existed with dinosaurs. Plus no human remains have been found in the dinosaur epic not even in their poop.

No matter how you Creationist Christians spin it your spin does not hold up to scrutiny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have they checked to see if there were dinosaurs in human poop?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PAMac

Seeing as how birds are dinosaurs there probably is dinosaur poop in humans.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
derby_dude,

Fossils have been around for millennium not unlikely ancient people would have seen fossils. Advanced civilizations have come and gone.

As a member of the Museum of The Rockies it's impossible for us puny humans to have co-existed with dinosaurs. Plus no human remains have been found in the dinosaur epic not even in their poop.

No matter how you Creationist Christians spin it your spin does not hold up to scrutiny.

First, I agree fossils have been around for thousands of years.

Second, there are ten articulated fossils of humans in the same strata as dinosaurs. They were discovered in a mine in Moab, Utah. The owner of the mine called in a professor who dated the area at one hundred forty million years. The owner threatened a law suit to get his fossils back after the scientists had determined they were fully modern man.

Why do you think there are books being written on the new science of Out of Place Artifacts? Either man�s bones or artifacts are found in every strata of the supposed geological column. But, the artifacts are not out of place if one accepts God�s Word at face value. After all there was a world wide flood which mixed things together all over the world.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PAMac

Seeing as how birds are dinosaurs there probably is dinosaur poop in humans.

Ummmmm...... pass the ketchup please...lots of it.... sick

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

And all that proves what?

It proves that the ancient Eqyptians were familiar with spaceships, aliens, men with heads like those of dogs, women with the head & wings of birds, and modern electricity.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Page 31 of 38 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 68 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.