Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by eyeball

TRH, it was also fulfilled when Jesus was crucified and arose on the third day.

Wow, not much of a prophesy if we can name at least three times with the conditions were previously met.

To be fair, not all conflicts in the region could spell the end of the world as we know it today...

But, with the advanced weapons of mass destruction the players and some of their backers now have, it very well could do so now.

Don't look at the flash

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

TRH, it was also fulfilled when Jesus was crucified and arose on the third day.

Wow, not much of a prophesy if we can name at least three times with the conditions were previously met.

To be fair, not all conflicts in the region could spell the end of the world as we know it today...

But, with the advanced weapons of mass destruction the players and some of their backers now have, it very well could do so now.

Iran hasn't completed their nukes yet, and I don't think Pakistan is dumb enough to try and supply any to Hamas.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Turkey has nukes too.

Didn't Turkey climb in bed with Hamas today, or yesterday?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Turkey has nukes too.

Didn't Turkey climb in bed with Hamas today, or yesterday?

The 60-70 warheads in Turkey are US warheads under US control as part of a NATO sharing agreement.

There are nuclear weapons in Turkey, but they are not under Turkish control.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmm... Maybe. Unless we are at odds over it, perhaps.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.

Last I checked there was still a Mosque sitting atop the Holy of Holys

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
he ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah have been discovered southeast of the Dead Sea. The modern names are Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah. Both places were destroyed at the same time by an enormous conflagration. The destruction debris was about three feet thick. What brought about this awful calamity? Startling discoveries in the cemetery at Bab edh-Dhra revealed the cause. Archaeologists found that buildings used to bury the dead were burned by a fire that started on the roof.

What would cause every structure in the cemetery to be destroyed in this way? The answer to the mystery is found in the Bible. �Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah�from the Lord out of the heavens� (Genesis 19:24). The only conceivable explanation for this unique discovery in the annals of archaeology is that burning debris fell on the buildings from the air. But how could such a thing happen?

There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur. It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

It was only after Clapp formulated this theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were found. It turns out that the sites are located exactly on a fault line along the eastern side of a plain south of the Dead Sea, so Clapp's theory is entirely plausible. There is some evidence for this scenario from the Bible itself. Abraham viewed the destruction from a vantage point west of the Dead Sea. The Bible records what Abraham saw: �He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace� (Genesis 19:28). Dense smoke suggests smoke from a petroleum-based fire. Smoke rising like smoke from a furnace indicates a forced draft, such as would be expected from subterranean deposits being forced out of the ground under pressure.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah became an example in the Bible of how God judges sin. �Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen� (Ezekiel 16:49-50).

FOR FURTHER READING (available from Associates for Biblical Research): �The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah,� by Bryant G. Wood, Bible and Spade, Summer 1999, pp. 67-80.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Introduction

How I see it as well.

This Antichrist also possibly sacrificing a pig on the altar there. Jews being all happy and excited about him until those moments and events occur, lifting the veil or mask.

Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen. We, as a nation and as a people, should be about supporting Isreal in thier quest to re-capture thier heritage lands and espcially all of Jerusalem and the Temple site.

There is SOME talk, however, that the site where the mosque is really is not the original temple site as was long thought. It may be on ground already controlled by Isreal and the Jewish People. That could throw the whole timetable of prophetic events into a virtual turbocharged and (to us observing) a seemingly consolidated time frame.

Folks whom I trust and know to be solid, educated evangelical Christians have recomended this persons books and such. Click on the link to see him on TV and a list of his various books on current events and how they will or will not affect us. FWIW, Sherri and I are about to order a couple of his books and likely incorporate them into our daily devotional time.

HERE:

http://www.joelrosenberg.com/

Whatever, however and whenever these prophecies come through and show themselves or be evident for all to see, it is MOST important to remember that our personal "FINAL DAY" could be any day.

Another way of saying it is, prophecies fulfilled or not, we are fragile creatures and bodily death could come for me or you at any moment. So, it is incumbent upon each of us to be covered in the blood of Jesus Christ. To have asked him to be NOT just our savior as with a type of spiritual fire insurance policy, but to make him the LORD of our lives. With him living, and LOVING, in and through us, not us living our own way.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Here we will see GAZA specifically referred to in the Bible, because that is the name of the place that is being used at our present time when its place in prophecy is being fulfilled.

Zephaniah 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)

2 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.

4 For GAZA (my capital letters) shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the Lord is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the Lord their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by safariman
With him living, and LOVING, in and through us, not us living our own way.

God forgive me for my thoughts....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
he ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah have been discovered southeast of the Dead Sea. The modern names are Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah. Both places were destroyed at the same time by an enormous conflagration. The destruction debris was about three feet thick. What brought about this awful calamity? Startling discoveries in the cemetery at Bab edh-Dhra revealed the cause. Archaeologists found that buildings used to bury the dead were burned by a fire that started on the roof.

What would cause every structure in the cemetery to be destroyed in this way? The answer to the mystery is found in the Bible. �Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah�from the Lord out of the heavens� (Genesis 19:24). The only conceivable explanation for this unique discovery in the annals of archaeology is that burning debris fell on the buildings from the air. But how could such a thing happen?

There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur. It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

It was only after Clapp formulated this theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were found. It turns out that the sites are located exactly on a fault line along the eastern side of a plain south of the Dead Sea, so Clapp's theory is entirely plausible. There is some evidence for this scenario from the Bible itself. Abraham viewed the destruction from a vantage point west of the Dead Sea. The Bible records what Abraham saw: �He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace� (Genesis 19:28). Dense smoke suggests smoke from a petroleum-based fire. Smoke rising like smoke from a furnace indicates a forced draft, such as would be expected from subterranean deposits being forced out of the ground under pressure.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah became an example in the Bible of how God judges sin. �Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen� (Ezekiel 16:49-50).

FOR FURTHER READING (available from Associates for Biblical Research): �The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah,� by Bryant G. Wood, Bible and Spade, Summer 1999, pp. 67-80.

Written by a Young Earth Creationist.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet, I'll be using a rifle during bow season and [bleep] the limits!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Nothing like adding a little credibility to a poster! Thanks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by safariman
With him living, and LOVING, in and through us, not us living our own way.

God forgive me for my thoughts....

???? confused PM sent,

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Here we will see GAZA specifically referred to in the Bible, because that is the name of the place that is being used at our present time when its place in prophecy is being fulfilled.

Zephaniah 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)

2 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.

4 For GAZA (my capital letters) shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the Lord is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the Lord their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

If you start a chapter earlier, Zaphaniah speaks of the time being at hand (not 3k years later), and he calls for the murder of all the Capitalist. In this passage, it sounds like God is on the side of Marx.

1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
1:9 In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.
1:10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a great crashing from the hills.
1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

Nothing like adding a little credibility to a poster! Thanks.

LOL.

Ok, that's funny.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And yet I can quote Old Testament and be called out for it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just come out and say the nations of the earth are not turning against the nation of Israel your great grandfather would have said would never exist.

My dad would have sworn we would never see the US turning against Israel. We are the last nation on earth to turn against her and her last ally. Sure, no big deal. wink

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (01Foreman400, 1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,876
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.