Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Guess it depends where you get your numbers.

"Pew Research Center. World's Muslim population more widespread than you might think. There are about 1.6 billion Muslims, or 23% of the world's population, making Islam the second-largest religion".

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I always figured that if a prophet was the real deal, and knew what he ways doing, he would just speak clearly. No symbolism, no interpretation, just clear prophecy. Instead of different color horses and various strange beasts, they could just say "In 3000 years, a group of people known as Muslims will start all manner of chit, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Many people will die". THAT is a prophecy. If I say a bunch of stuff that might mean anything to anybody and suddenly someone links it to current events, that's really not much of a prophecy, is it? I mean, either you can see the future or you can't, why write in "code", unless you need to make sure no one can say for sure that your were wrong?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
1.5 Billion Muslims.

7.2 Billion people in the world.

1.5/7.2 = 20.8%

That's one fifth, not one quarter.

The way they reproduce, it won't take long...

DF

Both Muslin and Christian birth rates are declining, with Muslin rates currently declining faster. These rates are expected to converge around 2015. In addition, the Christian conversion rate runs 3x that of the Muslim world.

The Mussies are not on a trajectory to break 25% of the world population.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I always figured that if a prophet was the real deal, and knew what he ways doing, he would just speak clearly. No symbolism, no interpretation, just clear prophecy. Instead of different color horses and various strange beasts, they could just say "In 3000 years, a group of people known as Muslims will start all manner of chit, and make a general nuisance of themselves. Many people will die". THAT is a prophecy. If I say a bunch of stuff that might mean anything to anybody and suddenly someone links it to current events, that's really not much of a prophecy, is it? I mean, either you can see the future or you can't, why write in "code", unless you need to make sure no one can say for sure that your were wrong?

You would think, but that's not the way it was done. The Lord spoke in parables on purpose. Matt. 13:10-13 explains. And, much of prophecy takes similar form for the same reason.

Bottom line: it's the spiritual man vs. the natural man. Natural man cannot understand spiritual things. I Cor 2:14. Check it out.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/28/14.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You would think, but that's not the way it was done. The Lord spoke in parables on purpose. Matt. 13:10-13 explains. And, much of prophecy takes similar form for the same reason.
Bottom line: it's the spiritual man vs. the natural man. Natural man cannot understand spiritual things. I Cor 2:14. Check it out.

Hmmm...
Same reason for the allegory in the Bible.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
1.5 Billion Muslims.

1.5/7.2 = 20.8%

DF

Both Muslin and Christian birth rates are declining, with Muslin rates currently declining faster. These rates are expected to converge around 2015. In addition, the Christian conversion rate runs 3x that of the Muslim world.

Population science isn't that exact, but some do project Islam to be 25% in a few decades.

In Britain, they're concerned about an Islam majority by year 2050. Percentages are growing in Continental Europe.

In some countries the Muslim fertility rate starts to mimic the host population. It takes a 2.1 fertility rate to maintain a people. All European countries are below that number, including the U.S. Poor Islamic countries have very high fertility rates.

Here's an interesting aside. With the influx of Hispanics into the U.S. our fertility rate is enhanced. Now, how is that good? Hispanics are largely Christian, not Muslim. Now, think about that one for a minute. Hispanics may help us hold our non Muslim percentages...

Now, how's that for a different slant on things...

DF

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
1.5 Billion Muslims.

1.5/7.2 = 20.8%

DF

Population science isn't that exact, but some do project Islam to be 25% in a few decades.

In Britain, they're concerned about an Islam majority by year 2050. Percentages are growing in Continental Europe.

In some countries the Muslim fertility rate starts to mimic the host population. It takes a 2.1 fertility rate to maintain a people. All European countries are below that number, including the U.S. Poor Islamic countries have very high fertility rates.

Here's an interesting aside. With the influx of Hispanics into the U.S. our fertility rate is enhanced. Now, how is that good? Hispanics are largely Christian, not Muslim. Now, think about that one for a minute. Hispanics may help us hold our non Muslim percentages...

Now, how's that for a different slant on things...

DF

In general, the poorer the nation, the higher the birthrate. When these poor people immigrate to a new prosperous nation, they maintain their high birth rate for one additional generation, but by the 2nd generation they birthrate largely mirrors that of the new host nation.

Is is this failure to allow the change in immigrant birth rates that renders Mark Levin's prediction of the Muslin take over of Europe invalid.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You are correct about assimilation to host country rates. That can and does happen. Although in Britain, some claim that even after 50 years, Islamic birth rates are still higher than native British rates.

So, who knows. I guess if we all live long enough, we'll see for ourselves...

Check out on line, countries with various Islamic percentages. It's very predictable what will be going on as the Muslim percentages increase. Interesting study.

BTW, what's your take on my comments about non Muslim Hispanics helping preserve our percentages?

DF

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
When we look at the United States, Muslims are about 1/2% of the population, so even with an inflated birthrate, I don't see them posing a significant threat from within.

If you are discussing the retaliative numbers world wide, the Mexicans would probably have more kids, and create more new Christians if they stayed in Mexico.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Mexicans would probably have more kids, and create more new Christians if they stayed in Mexico.
laugh

No doubt...

DF

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I'd say its quite the opposite,actually. Parables can be used to make something more clear, explaining it in laymans terms if you will. Anyone can read a parable and understand what is being said. Prophesy on the other hand, is done in quite the opposite way, turning something that should be simple and clear into something that is unclear and open to interpretation.

As for the natural man not being able to understand piritual thing, I don't buy that either. If that were so, no one would ever become "spiritual" due to lack of understanding. Its also a cheap cop out when someone pokes holes in an argument. You simply say that they can't understand it because they lack some sort of hidden knowledge that you posses. It allows the supposed holder of this hidden knowledge to not be required to try to explain their unsupportable position while at the same time allowing them to feel superior to the "natural man".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The Book of Revelations was written for Christians living in Roman times by John it is alleged who at the time was in a Roman prison. It had to be in code for the time and to get the book out of prison.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

As for the natural man not being able to understand piritual thing, I don't buy that either. If that were so, no one would ever become "spiritual" due to lack of understanding.

Wasn't me that said it...

More like the Apostle Paul.

DF

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by derby_dude

The Book of Revelations was written for Christians living in Roman times by John it is alleged who at the time was in a Roman prison. It had to be in code for the time and to get the book out of prison.

I guess you missed the part about Satan and his followers being cast into the dungeon for a thousand years while The Savior and His elect ruled and made things right before being loosed again for a while?

Then The Lord cast them into the lake of fire.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball

I guess you missed the part about Satan and his followers being cast into the dungeon for a thousand years while The Savior and His elect ruled and made things right before being loosed again for a while?

I didn't miss anything. The book has to be read in the context of the time it was written. It's not a book for the 21st century.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why are so many peoples only answer to a question, is to throw another verse out of a book you question in the first place?

I don't know about any one else, but I damn sure am not going to go look up what First Flippers 17.3-10 said, and I sure as hell don't accept it as a knowledgeable reply or rebuttal. crazy

If a prophet knows his schit, just fuggin say it!

Sean
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball

I didn't miss anything. The book has to be read in the context of the time it was written. It's not a book for the 21st century.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Yep, they were not discussing a two millennium wait.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Close, but not quite.

Paul wrote from a Roman prison.

John wrote Revelation while in exile on the Aegean Sea island of Patmos. Tradition has it that after his exile, he lived in Ephesus where he died.

So, the "code" could have been the way the Lord ordained it just 'cause that's the way He wanted it written, not to slip it past Roman jailers...

DF

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

As for the natural man not being able to understand piritual thing, I don't buy that either. If that were so, no one would ever become "spiritual" due to lack of understanding.

Wasn't me that said it...

More like the Apostle Paul.

DF

Yep I realize that, wouldn't be the only thing I think he got wrong.

Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 42 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,225
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.