Print Thread
Hop To
U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Give just about everyone places Shiloh as first choice...and you just happen across a truly great rifle in your first choice of barrel make/profile/ chambering, in quite nice marble cake wood from the other gun company in Big Timber. But it or keep looking? No there is no PB in SE AK and no place to shoot except the public 300...this is a someday thing to do with Ed.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If that "other gun company in Big Timber" is C. Sharps Arms, that is my First Choice. I'd buy it!!

Last edited by 303mike; 08/03/14.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
What do you really, really want? -- Shiloh or the "Other Maker" Or, some other manufacturer?

Speaking for myself: If desire or want a certain item or model, and purchase another similar item or model instead, more often than not I will eventually sell/trade it off to obtain what I initially wanted

Last edited by Ray Newman; 08/03/14.

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Buy it. I've owned/own both, there are slight differences but my opinion they're equal quality. I sold off my Shiloh and just have 3 C. Sharps at the moment. No slam on Shiloh, they're both top notch makers.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it's a CSA and has everything you want , buy it. Then you can always get a Shiloh in something different the next time.
These things are like Lay's potatoe chips, you can't have just one.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buy it

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I don't have any C.Sharps rifles, I prefer Shiloh hands down. If I lived in Alaska and didn't have the choice, I would still take the C.Sharps in a heartbeat. They are excellent guns and shoot very well. If it was a Pedersoli or other import, I would throw rocks and wait for a Shiloh or C.Sharps...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If it was a Pedersoli or other import, I would throw rocks and wait for a Shiloh or C.Sharps...

laugh grin laugh grin

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

U
Uncas Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
It is a C... Thanks boys. I researched commuter bicycles for weeks, was sure I wanted a KONA but tried and bought a TREK...Liked the idea of a USA product but the import was built better and the fit finish was a big upgrade. You just have to try things sometime. But will Ed let me keep it in the safe with his Shiloh?

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just buy it and then tell us all about it.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Pictures too

Charter Member

szihn

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Uncas
...But will Ed let me keep it in the safe with his Shiloh?

Yes, I will let it share safe space with the Shiloh. grin I have shot a Cameron built and tuned "Badger-soli" and a couple of Shilohs now, and don't have any prejudices against a C. Sharps Arms rifle at all. I will draw the line at Ubertis, Armisports, and any other pretenders, though.

If you knew any of the tenders coming up from Seattle, maybe they could bring some real BP up for you. Powder,Inc. could ship it to them.

If not, there's always SR-4759, 5744, and 3031 to play with. I bet Missouri Bullet Co. would even ship bullets to you. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
www.bigskycastbullets.com is where you want to buy your bullets from. He ships in USPS flatrate boxes, so they go anywhere the post office does

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.