Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Let's see, the CDC has also:

The moves (closure of two CDC labs) follow lapses in laboratory protocol revealed the past month, including exposure of more than 80 CDC scientists to live anthrax, discovery of lost vials containing what�s been determined to be live smallpox at a Food and Drug Administration laboratory � and a discovery, just this week, that a CDC laboratory accidentally contaminated low-risk bird flu samples with highly pathogenic samples of H5N1 bird flu, and sent it out to a government lab.

Yep, nothing to worry about here folks, these guys are in charge of it!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be driving by the CDC on Clifton Rd later today. Do I need to grab a sample for any of you?

If we are not worried about it in ATL, you shouldn't sweat it. The CDC/Emory has the people that need to treat and study it. Hemorrhagic fevers are nasty SOB's, but they are containable and treating an MD here will not cause the end of civilization. Obama's executive orders are more dangerous to all of you.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
We can gather that knowledge overseas. Despite the horror faced by the two that are infected, I'm of the opinion this action is a grotesque breach of national security and the government responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens.

This ^.

No need to bring it here; it can be studied there, perhaps not quite as well, but enough equipment could be sent to get it done with 2 patients.

This is like knowingly opening Pandora's box when you know it's dangerous.

If it gets loose here, can you say "Zombie Apocalypse"?

MM

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
Ebola has not been airborn in the past, but there have been many discussions and concerns about what would happen if it mutated, which happens with viruses. I am very concerned at how many cases there are this time, including many health workers who know how to keep from getting infected.
Why would we want to import a live, infected host for one of the worst viruses out there?

I think we need to define what "airborne" means in this context?

As I understand it, Ebola can be spread in the liquid aerosol that is produced when an injected person coughs or sneezes ect?

If that's true, I would class it as "airborne" ?

Still the CDC have been handling viruses as nasty as this for a number of years and they will not be taking any chances and the patients will be quarantined in a facility with the highest level of bio security..

And, supposedly via mosquitos.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lockhart
Media reports indicate the two Americans infected with Ebola in Liberia will be brought to the US next week. One is to be treated in ATL. No word on disposition of the second victim.

UPPER EAST SIDE (WABC) --
Mount Sinai Hospital is performing tests on a patient who had recently traveled to a West African country where Ebola has been reported, the hospital says.

A male patient with high fever and gastrointestinal symptoms came to the hospital's emergency room on Monday morning, officials said.

The hospital says the patient has been placed in strict isolation and is undergoing medical screenings to determine the cause of his symptoms.

http://7online.com/health/mount-sinai-patient-tested-for-ebola-virus/239663/

This is the biggest problem

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
We can gather that knowledge overseas. Despite the horror faced by the two that are infected, I'm of the opinion this action is a grotesque breach of national security and the government responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens.

I, too, am alarmed.

But the government can control it, right?

This is the government that couldn't find an effective way to keep the Lamprey Eel and the Gobi Mussel out of the great lakes.

This is the government that couldn't keep the Emerald Ash Borer from coming into the country on Chinese pallets.

This is the government who may have accidentally created CWD in our deer and elk and then spread it around the country in an effort to hide the fact.

This is the government that allowed the importation of the Big Head Asian Carp because they knew how to control them to prevent escape into the wild.

This is the government that allowed Lyme Disease to escape from their biological warfare lab.

This is the government that had to run an emergency immunization program back in the Carter years after they accidentally allowed an experimental organism to escape into the environment in Nevada. (Or was it Arizona?)

Why we have nothing to fear. The executive branch has this under control!

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not the two folks they know about that will be the problem

really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Another Dr in Africa has just placed himself in isolation.

Patrick Sawyer was the first American known to have contracted the strain of Ebola causing the latest, record outbreak. He died from the disease July 25, days after arriving in Lagos, Africa's most populous city.

Officials have since scrambled to track down his fellow passengers, quarantining two of them so far, but they could not stop one of the doctors who treated him from getting it, Nigerian health officials said Monday.

Nigerian Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu also said test samples were pending for three other people who had shown symptoms of Ebola.

"Three others who participated in that treatment who are currently symptomatic have had their samples taken and hopefully by the end of today we should have the results of their own test," Chukwu said.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm wondering if the docs who have contracted Ebola were not taking care to keep from being exposed to body fluids of the patients they treated.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You know when a bunch of doctors have the US government standing behind 'em, you're safe and fuggin' sound.

Too fuggin' funny.

I'm just glad I can't die. Sorry about the rest of ya'.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't like it, and suspect that it will end badly by speeding up what most likely would have happened any way, its spread throughout the U.S. and the rest of the world!

Phil

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
"You are going to die!"

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and, he's going to die an obama voter grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who? Henry Kane?

abusus non tollit usum
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
...Fugg Billings. It's hot and smells like cow ass.

It has a harbor freight, though.

Originally Posted by deflave
You know when a bunch of doctors have the US government standing behind 'em, you're safe and fuggin' sound...

You guys are really on a roll, today. grin

As far as .gov's decision to intentionally bring it into our country...this must be some seriously powerful and deadly force, the control of which is vital to us, and the cure for which we'd like to own.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
You know when a bunch of doctors have the US government standing behind 'em, you're safe and fuggin' sound.

Too fuggin' funny.

I'm just glad I can't die. Sorry about the rest of ya'.

Travis

Yea, safe as a sheep with a Montanny shepherd behind it. frown

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Armednfree
OK, this is stupid. BUT

Ebola spreads to care givers. So by default people who actually work for a living are the ones to get sick and die. That is not a problem.

If it gets into the welfare ghetto rat population, then we have a disaster.

That's what I was thinking. If the welfare class dies off just think of all the people who will loose their jobs. With no one to buy Colt 45, Kool menthols and coolaid many will be out of work.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dr. Ben Carson: Mistake to Bring Ebola Patients to US

Monday on Newsmax TV's "America Forum," Dr. Ben Carson said we should not have brought the Ebola infected missionaries back to the United States.

Carson criticized the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) pointed out we could send a hospital equipped plane or set up a properly equipped hospital on location in Africa.

The former director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University and Hospital, explained a simple medical mistake could cause the disease to spread within the borders of the United States because the bodily fluids of an infected patients remain infected for many days.

When questioned whether the fear in the Untied States is a valid, Carson answered, "It is very real. It is a highly contagious disease and all it requires is some infractions in procedures and all of a sudden you have got more spread and that's what I'm afraid of."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...n-Mistake-to-Bring-Ebola-Patients-to-US/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read a book about E Bola called The Hot Zone by Richard Preston?? I think? My recollection is that E Bola is not easy to catch. The most common way the doctors get infected is needle punctures. It's almost always fatal, and there is no cure. For the aid workers, they pump them full of gammaglobulin and pray. People have gotten pricks from infected patients and not contracted the disease, and some have survived. Most people die bleeding out every orifice. Not a good way to go. The good thing about the disease used to be that it killed quickly. A village would have an outbreak and everyone would be dead before anyone could spread it. Now with modern transportation, an infected person could fly anywhere in the World before they showed any sign of infection.

By the way, there was a medical research facility in Reston, Virginia where the monkey house had to be burned to the ground because they were infected with Marburg, which is very similar to E Bola. Heck, our Hantaan Virus in mice and prairie dogs and ground squirrels is a cousin to it.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You girls act like Ebola is not already here. Guaranteed the CDC has ebola, and much nastier bugs, in Atlanta, and has had them there for years.

Bringing two patients in means nothing. Its the ones who aren't yet patients ya need to worry about.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 26 invisible), 1,991 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.