Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So Keiser is a useful idiot? I agree.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sweet lord, I love this place!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
I think that's the argument they are making. They frack, because they generate and pass around a lot of money while doing it. But, hidden in the balance sheet is mounting debt that will eventually implode the companies. That's why it's a hoax. It works, but it's very expensive to do It's like a ceo making 10 million a year while his company is taking on massive debt. Eventually the company goes down, but people make a whole lot of money in the meantime, and thats whey they keep it going.

Like I said, you'd have to carefully examine a whole lot of financial documents to either refute or validate the claim.

Pretty amazing that anyone can think oil companies can make more money by scamming than producing oil! The oil companies are worth billions-trillions of dollars and you really think that they would flush that down the toilet to scam their investors? Only an idiot would think that. The source broadcasts on Iranian TV, sounds like he is an idiot to me.

Last edited by ConradCA; 08/16/14.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
keep telling you guys TRH is a parrot.....he can post links to videos and articles but doesnt have the braincells needed to come up with any sort of idea of his own.....he just repeats back what he finds....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Sweet lord, I love this place!

Can be a hoot, can't it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KR13
So Keiser is a useful idiot? I agree.
Hardly that. I meant only what I said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The best way to refute his arguments is get the annual reports of big oil including the different SEC reports. That will explain everything. I don't have the time to refute stupid.
Max Keiser is not stupid.

Not stupid is not the same as not ignorant.
Applies to more than Max.

Sean
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Keiser grew up in Westchester County, New York. After studying theatre at New York University, he took a variety of jobs including stand-up comedy and on radio.

Only the Real Browneye would trust a failed comedian when it comes to fracturing shale to extract petroleum. What a buffoon!!!

Well, that explains why Keiser looks to other failed comedians to explain world financial markets.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What a joke, how can anyone believe this drivel? Oil companies make money by throwing it away on a pointless process that pollutes the ground water and causes earthquakes? Really? I mean, really?

Keiser is just a huckster trying to make a fortune off his virtual currency and slandering people who actually do something for their paychecks. I doubt he even has the integrity of an honest liberal.

Let me remind you, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Pete, it must suck to be forced to support a national news media outlet with your tax dollars that's little more than an Israeli propaganda outlet. The MSM is the same here, but at least we're not forced to support it with tax dollars. Well, not directly, anyway.

No what really sucks is that we have to fund PBS with our tax dollars that is nothing more than a shill for the muslims.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
oil company's are not in the habit of throwing money away on stuff that doesn't work.

Yea, how'd that shale thing work out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
keep telling you guys TRH is a parrot.....he can post links to videos and articles but doesnt have the braincells needed to come up with any sort of idea of his own.....he just repeats back what he finds....

That is funny. I think of him as the douche in "Goodwill Hunting" who is unoriginal as he spews out crap verbatim that he had to read for class.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Electric cars must be a "hoax" too then.

Almost all new technology is cost-prohibitive at start-up.

Fracking has been around so long, if it was a hoax, it would have imploded long ago.

If it ruined water wells and blew fire out of my sink faucet, that would have happened in the 70s as we've had wells at least since then and even before that in the area. And they've never quit, the wells that is.

I can tell you this much RE does it work or not.

Wells have to be X feet apart and off property lines. I'm not sure of what those distances are these days as they have changed at least a few times IIRC.

We had an existing well. X pressure... fairly consistent as it was not brand new.

Drilled a well on the neighbors land. It came in and was producing. They often did that for a bit, to see, and at times frack crews were hard to come by. So it produced for a bit of time, I don't recall the exact amount of time, and our well was fine.

We were curious since it was basically across the fence the minimum distance.

Then what I think was a few months later they cleaned the well and brough in a crew to frack it. They did that, and the production upped a fair amount. But in the process, ours basically died the day they brought the well back on line after the frack.

Took a bit of time, I don't recall exactly, but then it was amazing, the pressures between the two wells almost exactly equalized themselves. And both were producing and as far as I know, are today a bit too. Dno't have the close relations with the neighbors we used to as the folks died adn the kids are way off, but I do get a bit of info from time to time.

Close enough, of an example of one, to tell me fracking works.

And if they ever frack ours, and the production ramps up I"d expect to double verify it works.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Fracking has been around so long, if it was a hoax, it would have imploded long ago.

If it ruined water wells and blew fire out of my sink faucet, that would have happened in the 70s as we've had wells at least since then and even before that in the area. And they've never quit, the wells that is.

been fracking here since the 50's.....only problem to the water table was from a casing that busted, back in the 50s, which would have happened no matter what cause it was done wrong....60 years of fracking up here and the only phug up had nothing to do with the process

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

I can tell you this much RE does it work or not.

Wells have to be X feet apart and off property lines. I'm not sure of what those distances are these days as they have changed at least a few times IIRC.

We had an existing well. X pressure... fairly consistent as it was not brand new.

Drilled a well on the neighbors land. It came in and was producing. They often did that for a bit, to see, and at times frack crews were hard to come by. So it produced for a bit of time, I don't recall the exact amount of time, and our well was fine.

We were curious since it was basically across the fence the minimum distance.

Then what I think was a few months later they cleaned the well and brough in a crew to frack it. They did that, and the production upped a fair amount. But in the process, ours basically died the day they brought the well back on line after the frack.

Took a bit of time, I don't recall exactly, but then it was amazing, the pressures between the two wells almost exactly equalized themselves. And both were producing and as far as I know, are today a bit too. Dno't have the close relations with the neighbors we used to as the folks died adn the kids are way off, but I do get a bit of info from time to time.

Close enough, of an example of one, to tell me fracking works.

And if they ever frack ours, and the production ramps up I"d expect to double verify it works.

This will shut Browneye up.
He can't refute real life experiences but I bet that he's Googleing his ass off trying to prove you wrong Jeff.
TRH is a boil on the Campfire's ass.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish more people understood fracking and how it works and the actual area impacted, and the production increases and reasons for that.

It's pretty much wasted time here to explain all that.

But rest assured that it works, and works well.
The guy that claimed it's a hoax is as full of schidt as a Christmas turkey.

But, he may have liberals throwing money at him so they can use the false science... Truth really doesn't matter to them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
always cracks me up those that think fracking is something new to be feared....its been in use for longer than most those beotching have been alive....

Last edited by rattler; 08/16/14.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by derby_dude
What a bunch of crap. I live in fracking country. Hell in Billings they are building a 854 million refinery because of fracking.
Do you have a specific response to Max Keiser's arguments regarding the actual economics of it? According to him, if I understand what he's saying, all of the profits from fracking go to paying the interest on the corporate debt, and that's with historically low interest rates, which are unsustainable.

Are you really that stupid? Is it natural or do you practice ?

LMAO laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I didn't realize we were getting TRH a female hooker...

Nearly just shot beer out my nose. Thanks.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

TRH is a boil on the Campfire's ass.

That's unkind and demeaning towards boils, but I get your drift.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,316
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.