Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
This place is like the Wild West. Makes it interesting as hell but sometimes the novelty wears off.

Regardless, what makes this place worthwhile is the hands off approach. Some of the finest internet arguments in history have been had out here.
Where you been?

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well you have the 4-5 here that if you say something negative about him, it's like tugging on superman's cape to them.
Personally I have never seen that much useful information in his post even after sorting thru his BS. Most of them do not even deal with what has been asked or discussed.

There are far more knowledgeable members on here that will actually give you good information.

I have been on here 10+ years and only have two people on ignore. If I want to hear or read trash talk, I just go into town and stand on a corner.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This place is like the Wild West. Makes it interesting as hell but sometimes the novelty wears off.

Regardless, what makes this place worthwhile is the hands off approach. Some of the finest internet arguments in history have been had out here.
Where you been?

Away how simple is that simpleton?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Well you have the 4-5 here that if you say something negative about him, it's like tugging on superman's cape to them.
Personally I have never seen that much useful information in his post even after sorting thru his BS. Most of them do not even deal with what has been asked or discussed.

There are far more knowledgeable members on here that will actually give you good information.

I have been on here 10+ years and only have two people on ignore. If I want to hear or read trash talk, I just go into town and stand on a corner.
Well said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No they haven't... whistle

Actually, Monty Python is sane by comparison. crazy

Last edited by luv2safari; 08/23/14.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Oh yeah!!! Prove it or I'll come to your door with evil intent.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Free speech basically. It is true that some use such tactics because they can't formulate a real argument or rebuttal. Or some just act in a childish manner whenever someone disagrees with them.

More important is when someone makes unacceptable allusions to violence or other reprehensible behaviours, but I blame more those who remain silent in the face of such things, then I do the weakling who barks in the internet where they don't have to be accountable to anything.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Huh?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, I just had to ask about that small group of folks. I have a better understanding now. And if Big Stick wants to share his knowledge again, maybe we'll all be the better for it.

For the record, I have no grudge with anyone here. I was just trying to understand the rather aggressive and often insulting back-and-forth dialogue.

And that was well said Quick.

Last edited by 603Country; 08/23/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Where you been?

Playing around with timber land. Glad to see you Hawk.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a Whine-a-thon.

Still would LOVE to see pics of the Whiners and a front row seat view of their "vocation".

Funny how they's all just a touch more than a whoooollllllllllllllllle bunch reluctant,in that invasion of their Imaginations and it's Pretend..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even when I don't understand, I'm still amused.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I don't think some of those folks realize they are shutting down any chance of a good intelligent conversation - those are rare - but having every damned threat filled with snipping makes sure they won't occur.

And everyone is free to show their short falls

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I wish I could find and quote 'Stick's treatise on setting a sizing die and building a load.

There has never been a more informative post written on this entire board.

"Kiss, Find Pressure, Rock on". Not many around here can say more with as few words.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupidity is THE gift that keeps on givin' and it is ONLY funny,because they are doing their "best".

Just wish I could PM the 17 IQ Points requisite,for them to attain an inkling... in regards to the magnitude of their absolutely amazing cluelessness.

But a picture would be funnier yet!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 603Country
Just wondering, since I'm relatively new here.......

I'm wondering why people have compiled 8 pages of responses to a question from a new guy about how the forum is run. Or why a new guy would ask that question in the first place.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Whatever Big Stick chooses to be he is not a thief, nor is he a scammer or dishonest.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 603Country
Just wondering, since I'm relatively new here.......

I'm wondering why people have compiled 8 pages of responses to a question from a new guy about how the forum is run. Or why a new guy would ask that question in the first place.

Well trouble makers and riffraff, you know! Like air they're everywhere,

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
First world problems. People getting hacked up, chopped up and blown up all around the globe, including women and children...... And some stupid [bleep] wants to whine about some other stupid [bleep] making fun of him in front of a bunch of other stupid [bleep] on the stupid [bleep] intertwebs.
GFY

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I do not know Rick personally but from his actions and his posts on here I can assume he is a true believer in the Constitution and he practices what he believes in.

I have found that many folks here believe in the "practice what you preach" principle, I like those folks, the others not so much.

Well said Paul.
Funny how so many here schit on California, and yet that is where Rick and this forum originate. The hands off approach can be tiresome, but it always separates the wheat from the chafe.
Never had a problem with Stick or Bricktop, but each know WTF they talking about.
Grow some skin and get a sense of humor and this place is great.
Won't take long to figure who the dipwads are.

Sean
Page 4 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 47 invisible), 2,420 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,664
Posts18,474,697
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.