Hop To
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Interesting. This cop gets an attaboy from members for shooting some dickhead that killed his dog, while others get accused of negligence in the death of some kids that a group of gaboons killed. I feel like I live on another planet sometimes.

+1

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by SBTCO

You've reinforced the very point Sherp was making.

What is that point? That the police are looking out for the best interest of the citizens and ought to be above questioning?

Yep police state.

And just to be clear here I am not suggesting that the police officer not receive a fair hearing. Just that the information provided does not suggest shooting was justified. Just because we don't like someone doesn't mean the state should feel free to kill em! A dog, regardless of my love for them (and I do) is NOT equal to a man.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Interesting. This cop gets an attaboy from members for shooting some dickhead that killed his dog, while others get accused of negligence in the death of some kids that a group of gaboons killed. I feel like I live on another planet sometimes.

This^^^^^

+10

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Another angle here; not saying its what happened, or not, but its another option.

Case law via the Supreme Court allows for the use of deadly force to stop a violent, fleeing felon. The fact that he stabbed a service animal while fleeing from police could be described as evidence that there was a high likelihood of the felon posing a risk to the public.

^ that right there is as logical a defense as can be offered here and may well be the one that gets him off.

The way the article is written suggests that the wounds assault of the dog in and of itself is the issue. That would be utterly ludicrous and allowing such conduct by police at all, but especially given their willingness to kill the canines of others, does not bode well for the future.

This sentimentalism for the dog is straight up retarded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would have no problem offing Michael Vick.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I am not saying this is what the officer did, nor am I defending him in any way. I wasn't there, I dont know him, nor do I know any intimate details. I was simply offering this as a possibility as to what happened.

I do know the service for the dog is not being funded by the taxpayer. I wont go so far as to call the sentimentalism "retarded," but I do find it hard to grasp to the extent that K9 guys do. There is absolutely a special bond there, and it takes a special kind of cop to be a K8 handler. I am not one, and I love dogs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You sound like a bit of a rabid dog, yourself.

Really? I never saw lookin out for #1 as being an issue.

Have you learned to AVOID contact with Dogs ,

...or is that someone else's responsibility ?

GTC

If theyre tied, sure I keep my distance. If im out in the field, walking down the road, or at someones house, and their dog runs up to you, wtf do you do? I know what I do, I sure as hell dont run, thats what got me bit years ago. I plan on gettin bit, and then I kill the ffukin thing. Dont want a dead dog, dont wanna deal with me after I kill it, keep the fffukin thing chained up. Simple as that.

If a cop turns one one me, ill obey the orders, but once that dog gets me, if the cop cant control it, im a goner.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Uh huh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You sound like a bit of a rabid dog, yourself.

Really? I never saw lookin out for #1 as being an issue.

Have you learned to AVOID contact with Dogs ,

...or is that someone else's responsibility ?

GTC

If theyre tied, sure I keep my distance. If im out in the field, walking down the road, or at someones house, and their dog runs up to you, wtf do you do? I know what I do, I sure as hell dont run, thats what got me bit years ago. I plan on gettin bit, and then I kill the ffukin thing. Dont want a dead dog, dont wanna deal with me after I kill it, keep the fffukin thing chained up. Simple as that.

If a cop turns one one me, ill obey the orders, but once that dog gets me, if the cop cant control it, im a goner.

Novel,albeit a bit PECULIAR approach to living in a nation where Dogs are kept in many households.

I'm sure it's all just going to work out swimmingly for you.

I'm sure you'll be in demand as an honored guest on many farms and ranches.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I suspect that unless they pencil whip this incident, that officer is going to get indicted. You can't shoot someone who is hurting a dog no matter what the dog is. Not saying that we shouldn't be able to but the laws just don't allow for that. He is going to have some 'splainin to do.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Control your animals. Cop was away from his attacking dog. Dogs don't have the reasoning of a human. I'm not sticking up for this guy but I really believe in "innocent until prove guilty". Why is it fair for an innocent person to be tore up by a trained attack dog?
Any dog & I mean any, that attacks me will be met with all of my defense tactics available.
Next thing the popo will be training pits to chase down whoever they think might have at some time caused trouble. Jaywalk-get tore up. Speed-get tore up. Get accused of some BS misdemeanor by hearsay-get tore up. Fawk that.
I have dogs & they know better than to even give a cross look at anyone.
Cops using attack dogs is simply a copout. Tracking dogs & such is great. Attacking innocent people is pure BS.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Apparently a lot of you guys have lived most if not all of your lives in rural areas...6-7 years ago I pulled up to my employers warehouse late in the evening in the big rig & noticed one of the loading dock doors was open a little bit. I called the boss & he said call the cops. K9 unit shows up & we walked up & pushed the door open. The light switches were on the other side of the warehouse & all the lights were off...The officer identified himself as a K9 officer quite a few times (I forget how many) then yelled "I'm releasing him"...I walked with the officer to the switches & turned on the lights...nobody was found & there were no signs anybody had entered the building...obviously one of the lumpers(for whatever reason smirk ) had left that door unlocked...I'm here to tell you that I felt a lot better with that dog in there than I would have without him. That warehouse was fuggin dark & the flashlight just couldn't cover every place somebody could have been hiding...schitt, somebody could have been in one of the top racks & dropped a case of canned peaches or pears down on us.

If that dog had grabbed some azzhole after all that warning & then proceeded to stab that dog, I'd prolly been yellin "shoot em...shoot em".

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Control your animals. Cop was away from his attacking dog. Dogs don't have the reasoning of a human. I'm not sticking up for this guy but I really believe in "innocent until prove guilty". Why is it fair for an innocent person to be tore up by a trained attack dog?
Any dog & I mean any, that attacks me will be met with all of my defense tactics available.
Next thing the popo will be training pits to chase down whoever they think might have at some time caused trouble. Jaywalk-get tore up. Speed-get tore up. Get accused of some BS misdemeanor by hearsay-get tore up. Fawk that.
Cops using attack dogs is simply a copout. Tracking dogs & such is great. Attacking innocent people is pure BS.
You some good points, there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

LE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Were you there? No! Are you a police officer? If not, you have no business saying anything negative about their actions no matter what they do. STFU!!

Wait, did you just say that only police or people who were there should have an opinion on the cop shooting a guy who was out of range and stabbing his dog?

If so, you're an idiot.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I think it's interesting you find some commonality between the two incidents.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm not a cop anymore, but you can bet your sweet ass I'd shoot the sumbish that was stabbing my dog. wink

Never have been LEO, but thanks for your service.

I"d have shot any SOB before they stabbed my dog if I knew it was headed that way.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by White_Bear
You some good points, there.

Some good idiotic points...Jaywalk-get tore up? Speed-get tore up? Get accused of some BS misdemeanor by hearsay-get tore up?
Attacking innocent people???
None of that happened...the officer was responding to a burglary call. Try reading it again before posting any more idiotic schitt...school teachers...geeze. If need be, maybe read a little slower & try to actually COMPREHEND what happened...

Cut & paste for the window lickers...

What happened

About 8:45 p.m., police were called to a business burglary at 7233 S Air Depot Blvd. Officers saw a man drive away and pursued. Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers led the pursuit when the driver was speeding southbound on Interstate 35 in Norman, Oklahoma City police Capt. Dexter Nelson said.

Troopers used tactics to end the pursuit near the Goldsby exit on I-35, where the vehicle hit a ditch west of the highway, Nelson said.

Oklahoma City K9 officers and gang unit officers stayed back with troopers until the driver got out of the vehicle and started running south near the service road. A K9 officer, who later was identified as Stark, let the police dog chase the driver. The K9, later identified as Kye, apprehended the driver as he ran behind a business, police said.

Stark made his way to the man�s location to pull the dog off of the man, at which point he saw the driver had a knife and was stabbing the police dog, police said. Stark was in close proximity to the driver at the time, police said. Stark fatally shot the man, and the police dog was taken to a veterinarian for emergency surgery.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickyD
I think it's interesting you find some commonality between the two incidents.

What commonality??? Looks to me like he's pointing out the disparity...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by SBTCO

You've reinforced the very point Sherp was making.

What is that point? That the police are looking out for the best interest of the citizens and ought to be above questioning?

Yep police state.

And just to be clear here I am not suggesting that the police officer not receive a fair hearing. Just that the information provided does not suggest shooting was justified. Just because we don't like someone doesn't mean the state should feel free to kill em! A dog, regardless of my love for them (and I do) is NOT equal to a man.

Basically true. If a civilian or civilian dog is killed by police then it is no big deal and the officer is cleared after an investigation. If a civilian does something to a K9 officer or their human partner then there are legal ramifications.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[size:23pt]...Stark made his way to the man�s location...
officers are trained that they can use lethal force when they are within 21 to 25 feet of a person with a knife if the situation warrants...

The knife wielder (defending himself against a vicious attack) is nowhere near the police? No problem. Police just move in to within the "legal" limit and shoot him.

LE is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Were you there? No! Are you a police officer? If not, you have no business saying anything negative about their actions no matter what they do. STFU!!

Wait, did you just say that only police or people who were there should have an opinion on the cop shooting a guy who was out of range and stabbing his dog?

If so, you're an idiot.

Nope, not at all. Police successfully use that argument all the time. And really, the word of any civilians at the scene does not count either if it casts a negative light on officers/contradicts officers claims.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (222Sako, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 1,907 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,389
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.