Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I've seen a lot of Muleys in the past couple weeks.... a lot smaller than the deer pictured. Maybe I'll go snap a pic or two tonight....

Good to see an actual pic.... and that's a very nice buck.

Stick kills some of the most beautiful blacktails I've seen.... "he's not wrong Walter.... he's just a ass hole"...

I guess we'll see in a couple months.... who's blacktail is what. I heard from Jason that Oregon costal now has the first week of November... that shounds like a great time for those so inclined. I hope everyone kills monster blackies... but I've hunted them enough to know not to pass on mature bucks... at least for now.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With one tag, big ones don't get killed by filling tags with forked horns.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fascinating Tutorial.

Big Watch too.

Now what is the Big Job that you "do"?

Laughing!............

I fhug with you on the internet... whilst awaiting my visa to go study Pigmies in New Guinea... which is kinda the same thing...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rogue
With one tag, big ones don't get killed by filling tags with forked horns.

I see the logic in that... I suppose it depends on the genes on hand, and time at hand.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A decent fork or med/small 3pt Columbia Blacktail is about the size of an average muley doe.

Unless Oregon Mule Deer genetics is that much better than the rest of muley country.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You phuqq with yourself,but are too Stupid to know it...which bolsters the humor quotient nicely.

The "rewarding" vocation you are "lucky" enough to partake,is funnier than phuqq too and you really DO connect dots. Obliviously.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rogue
Maybe forkies in Warsherting State are extra super bigger.

No, they are not, they all look like this.

[Linked Image]

Ignore the elk on the right.

They might start to push 200 when they look like this, but...

[Linked Image]

In fairness I've never had the luxury of weighing a buck with the guts in it, but only because I don't pick em up with a tractor.

Last edited by heavywalker; 08/27/14.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That's right... we've all seen the pics of what you do for a living.... Work on Santa's Christmas tree farm. Ramping up production this time of year... I can see why you're froggy....

Laffin...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I apologize,as I NEVER meant to give you even the faintest false glimmer of hope,which would lead you to "think" that you could do what I do.

My question was(is),what do YOU do?

I KNOW it's gonna be funnier than phuqq!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I guess it's time to say thanks to Stick.

I've been on this site for almost 4 years and this is the first time a thread started by me has passed the 200 reply mark. At least 2/3 of those replies are Stick's asinine statements or direct replies to his asinine statements so I guess I should thank him for all his hard work. It must take a lot of time and effort being the site's #1 troll. Good work Stick!!!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice trash talk for a guy that has to ask questions on how to make a dope chart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tend to engrave the chart to my elevation dial.

[Linked Image]

As Dogshooter showed it is pretty easy to make a paper version.

If one is going to shoot beyond 15 -20 MOA of drop correction then secondary charts or a computer make a lot of sense to comp for density changes from your initial chart or Drop Compensating Turret.

I have 2 of those sensor watches and use the sensors from time to time. Especially useful when gathering data or any other time I want the precise density.

I have one on my wrist in this picture. Didn't need it as the shot was at 450yds but then again it didn't get in the way. Wyoming Blacktail. shocked

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No dissing guys for asking questions, please. Life long learning is to be encouraged.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Beautiful buck there Burns. Great pic.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TAINT,

You'd do well to simply shut up,take notes and apply same.

Hint................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! Killer looking stock,who makes that?

How about the ammo belt on the butt?

Laughing!...............

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
proprietary

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where are they out of?

Texas?...................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I use 2 decommissioned iphones as simple in-the-field PDA's with Ballistic AE installed. I take an accurate atmosphere, Input the data into Ballistic and output a drop and wind chart on the phone. All that needs to be done at this point is to lock the screen and put the damn thing in your pocket. If need arises for a long range shot, normally you'll have plenty of time to range the target and refer to the output for extremely accurate data. Opening the locked screen is as quick and simple as looking at data on your rifle.

Rick,

Using the de-com iPhones is a clever method. And you use the watch to change data in the app if a front comes in? What are you using for back-up if the battery dies, device failure, etc?

Also, for most medium-range hunting out to 500-600y, standard atmospheric pressure works really well under most conditions, right? Unless there is a record storm the differences will not be worth making changes for on deer and elk. If you are changing elevation, then new data is needed for that elevation... but using standard pressure.

Now one could say that animals are more likely to move with large swings in pressure, but unless there is a huge storm coming the change in pressure isn't worth correcting for. Longer ranges is a different story.

J

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/27/14. Reason: typo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Beautiful buck there Burns. Great pic.

A blind hog finds an acorn once in a while. Then again that wall of yours is fairly spectacular. grin

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Wow! Killer looking stock,who makes that?

How about the ammo belt on the butt?

Laughing!...............

Might be the best play you got. Dealing in LR killing is not the place to run you up against me.

I got the same stock and ammo belt and rifle right here at a bit over a mile and some silly crazy conditions.

[Linked Image]

Same stock, rifle and ammo belt on a bull at 1000yds last year.

[Linked Image]

Heck I had the sensor watch on in every one of those pictures. Didn't seem to be a problem.

Sure you want to play this game???? laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 3,203 guests, and 1,395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,091
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.