Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
N
Nut Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Just wanted to be 100th post. Wait is that a legal amount of posts to make this a trophy thread?

If ignorance is bliss,why aren't you smiling?
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DS,
<br> Nice ram, and my thread on the blond bear here did not get a single response![Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
<br>MtnHtr

'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Mt Hunter...nothing like being accused of poaching to get 100 hits in less than 24 hours......
<br>DS

'Slayer
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Here are just a few of the many statements made by Sitka in the last several hours that leave me scratching my head.........
<br>
<br>Art says....
<br>
<br>A clear side view of the sheep would show that he is a marginal 7/8 curl. The pictures were selected to make the uninitiated think the ram is full curl. It isn't.
<br>art
<br>
<br>This sheep looks like a typical Nabesna Road area walk-in ram, 12" bases, 31" horns and 5 years old, but not legal by any of the three usual definitions.
<br>art
<br>
<br>Broomed- I believe you have allowed your emotions to sweep you away... neither of those horns is even slightly broomed, the wide style seldom does broom.
<br>art
<br>
<br>Again, this might be a legal ram, just not a full curl.
<br>art
<br>
<br>I have looked at plenty enough sheep to say what I said... I regret that I had to pee in the punch bowl, but without more info it is easy to see that there is a likely game law violation being posted in public.
<br>art
<br>
<br>
<br>. I know sheep well enough, and the rules we hunt them under, to feel that something is not adding up here.
<br>art
<br>
<br>DS
<br>I have heard nothing by way of showing me something like a side view, or any information that I could follow up on with the biologist... I'm thinking you are only going to call me names some more and that you are going to claim some protocol infraction which will keep you from proving anything to the likes of me.
<br>art
<br>
<br>To all;
<br>In looking at my verbage when I suggested the sheep was not a trophy, I feel my intent could be missed. If the sheep had been shot 15 years ago when the rule was 3/4 curl, had the sheep been shot in an area where any sheep is legal, etc., I would never suggest it was not a trophy. Where it a legal ewe, I would easily call it a trophy... Were it legal I would call it a trophy. I hope my point is clearer.
<br>
<br>Please just consider the punch some blend of lemonade, drink up!
<br>art
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>.....now come on Art.....it's just lemonade, drink up!
<br>DS

'Slayer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C'mon, DS. You expect us to believe that it's the same ram in both sets of pictures??? [Linked Image] Wait - I know, it's trick photography! That's it. And what's more, that';s not even YOU in the picture! (I seen you and you're not that purty!) [Linked Image]

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
IC B2

where is sitka??????????????

Mike...

Looks like DS & company are up to their old "coalition" ways. [Linked Image] Sitka has been had by the "Hunttalk Crew"!!!
<br>
<br> http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=003025
<br>
<br>The reason DS was a regular here b4 was cuz he was banned at Moosie's & since been re-instated he has to behave so they chose other sites to stir things up.
<br>
<br>BTW nice animal Mr. Simms but why don't you just post your pics & leave the BS elsewhere? [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>P.S. to the fellow that wanted to know who pug is.
<br>None other then Bcat or Bigcat.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And more comments from the peanut gallery.
<br>
<br>Sitka will post something that I am sure. He said that he would.
<br>
<br>DS, just so you know, great sheep and awesome pictures. I'll be doing the same thing next year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I want to eat crow too.....
<br>
<br>Today, I burried a 34 day old child, MY niece. My wifes sisters child. I was Fired up last night but that was no excuse. THIS, for a change will be a serious post. Today was the hardest day of my life...
<br>
<br>NOW, Don't make this a post about me, I just wanted to PREFACE me being serious for a change, cuz of the 3-4 years of me posting on over 10 different hunting boards besides my own, I can count on a hand where I've done such....
<br>
<br>1. DS, nice RAM. GLAD you made your point.
<br>
<br>2. Sitka, I egged it on knowing you'd continue, This thread is 50% my fault. I've done enough stirring in my life to know [Linked Image] The pictures weren't clear so you called BS. Just not with the best of attitudes, SO I continued on like any good [bleep] STIRRER [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>3. Iluv2hunt, The only difference between DS and you is You were banned, RE BANNED.. all 8 different Dialups BANNED, ASKED to leave and banned again. DS was Asked to leave, did so, and After WE all cooled down he was allowed to post again.
<br>
<br>Iluv2hunt (AKA BIRDY) we've mended fences too, on a 3rd party forum.. HOW funny eh ? And you know my stance on you. TAKE care..
<br>
<br>Me and DS aren't "BEST BUDS". We've shared a hunt and Will share 2 more next year. One in Idaho and 1 in AK again We've had our past, but so have me and GREENY. Now Greeny and me are hunting together for the 2nd time. ME and BIGSKY did too, and he seems to think I'm OK too. (OK.. THE internet list goes on I guess BUt I won't talk about every one....)
<br>
<br>4. I like Rick (OWNER) and He likes (PUTs' UP) with me. I'll be sharing a camp with him in Montana also this year. Hell, He's the guy that nick named me SPRINGER of the FORUMS, you have to love a guy like that [Linked Image] SO, SORRY for last night "ISHMEL" *SMILE*
<br>
<br>5. I'm done...... Y'all have a good night and a good season. I'll be back with LARGE or MEDIOKER or SMALL deer and Elk from a couple of states this year... Or maybe only a Picture of a hillside.. BUT that's it. THEN, call it poached, small or whatever, I'll be content....
<br>
<br>TAKE care and HUG a kid if you have one.... THEY are our future and we should all treat them as such......
<br>
<br>-MOOSIE
<br>J. SPRINGER
<br>Oscar Willaimson II
<br>

-Moosie

~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, Oscar. How does a guy respond to THAT!
<br>
<br>Good luck, ****head!
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I still think it looks more broken than broomed.

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'Slayer,
<br>
<br>Thanks for posting the side view pictures.
<br>
<br>Even though I've hunted these Sheep, I'll bow to you, your brother, and the 'brown shirt trooper' who measured your trophy, when it comes to field judging Sheep horns.
<br>
<br>That said, even given the latest picture, that's a darn close call in my opinion. Given the chance to watch this animal move around while still kicking, and getting the chance to examine those horns while moving and being presented at different angles, it obviously became clear to you and your brother it was a legal ram.
<br>
<br>For those who are not sure exactly what is being discussed, check out this link...
<br>
<br>ADF&G Regs for Sheep Judging
<br>
<br>After following the link provided by somebody else on a previous post, over to Moosies board where this thread has been discussed, I'm really disappointed by what I read there. Lot's of nasty stuff there being posted about somebody those folks don't even know. Sitka Deer is a respected and trusted friend of many of here at the Campfire. He once sent me several hundred dollars worth of spare boat parts, at his own expense, all for the promise that I buy him a cup of coffee whenever we meet in person.
<br>
<br>Quite frankly this thread has brought out the worst in many of us. We should all feel a bit sorry for how we've treated each other here.
<br>
<br>Been a strange couple of weeks at the 'Campfire'! [Linked Image]

Brian

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ahh um B.W that would be Big Wanker would it.

I don't appear to have a plate.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks
<br>I just got to my machine... I was working two weeks of nights, which is why I was up to be a target the other night night, and when I got home I was immediately dragged around to a couple different functions, trying to keep me awake to get back on a human clock. That is the only reason I have not looked here at the pictures.
<br>
<br>The problem is that none of the new pictures loaded??? I have the early photos, the photo Stick posted, but no new ones. I can read where they are supposedly posted, but I do not see them...
<br>
<br>I have had much traffic on my e-mail account about the photos, but will wait until I see them for myself before making a response. I tried refreshing the page, BTW???
<br>
<br>Moosie
<br>Regardless of what else I might say shortly, that was a classy post you made.
<br>
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just tried again on the photos, and went to the first ones posted. All of DS's are not loading, all of the others are...
<br>
<br>Rick
<br>Can you tell if they have been deleted?
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Affirm on the dreaded red X's,that is all I can see................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stick
<br>I don't even get the red x...
<br>art

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't wait to load every page. Ooops! crummy is HERE...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
DS. Thank you for sharing the photos of your hunt. Odviously you worked very hard to get your ram. Beautiful, high, classic country. A pleasure just to be there, I'm sure. BTW, as I post this, I photos don't come up. Server problems ?
<br> I've had more than the average education and experience with photos and sheep. I'm a college educated ex-cop for instance. Since photos are used as evidence, one must understand how they distort, or their limitations.
<br> From the photos, there was a question in my mind, as to wether he was a full curl ram or not. At that angle, it was hard to tell. When you posted the side shots, any doubt disappeared.
<br> I've spent a fair amount of time in the field with our desert and mountain sheep as a member and vice president of the Society for the Conservation of the Bighorn Sheep. From the photos, I count about five anual rings, a 5-6 yr. old ram ?
<br> I've known Art, Stika Deer, for some time now. He is the kind of guy that tells it like it is, and to heck with what anyone thinks. When he took his last guide exam, one of the examiners asked him some odvious question. Art started to answer, stopped, look the examiner in the eye, and told him that was the stupidest question he had ever heard. He passed the exam. He, BTW, has a master's (?) in wildlife biology.
<br> He's a good guy. He has very wide experience hunting in Alaska and other places. A very valuable source of information and advice.
<br> I'm glad to see that this is being worked out. We don't need name calling, and animosity here. E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey the photos evaporated from my screen too. What's up? I was really digging those scenery photos.

Is it Friday yet?
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,739
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.