-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen, Michael. In my opinion, which is worth more than anyone else's only to me, the better approachwould be to email the person posting the photo for more details or even to say "Are you sure the ram was legal?" and give details as to why youask the question. I have, in the past. done similar things to warn people about statements or photos they have posted that could incriminate them.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Lesson 1 for me; don't argue with daughter and leave puter unattended.
<br>lesson 1 for daughter;dont muck around on my sites and still expect an allowance.

I don't appear to have a plate.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
To try and change the subject, I passed on this buck last year. It was in a four point or better (western count) area. Did I make the right choice? dempsey
<br>
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Michael,
<br>
<br>I edited my other post before your's went up. I did this because I felt that I had perhaps attacked your personally, which in retrospect wasn't quite appropriate.
<br>
<br>We are all entitled to our opinions. I believe (heck, first to admit that I don't know enough about sheep to judge if the thing is legal or not) that if a knowledgeable person /guide were to tell that the ram was legal, I would have shot it.
<br>
<br>My whole point is: "this is senseless". (As I add another post to the thread. Go figure.) Too many boards are ruined by these types of threads. A good board is hard to find. Everyone should just agree to disagree.
<br>
<br>I am just amazed at the number of "board jumpers" who came over to jump in on the thread. I notice that it hasn't happened in reverse. I have been reading Sitka's posts for about six months now, and have always found him to be quite respectful. Heck, there are few on this board that I don't feel that way about.
<br>
<br>I have always considered this to be a mature discussion board. That's why I settled in here. Hope that if any of the new members decide to stay, (heck, the more the merrier) they will jump in and have some quality discussions. This thread isn't it.
<br>
<br>Shawn

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Dempsey,
<br>
<br>That would have been a MESSY shot with the 8mm Rem Mag!!!!
<br>
<br>2nd

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gents,
<br>
<br>Name calling,cryin' and whinin',will only carry so much water. No secrets there.
<br>
<br>Here's my take and feel free to take a big bite out of my ample ass,should you be so inclined.
<br>
<br>The Trump Card(photo "evidence"),is a picture taken from both below and in front of the animal in question. It like the others,is shot an angle that is ambiguous,at best. My take,is that none of that is happenstance. I am not reading more into the situation,than that which is offered.
<br>
<br>Art is a big boy and can bat clean up for himself. I'll not bore the masses,with my perception of his "abilities". Those that can read sign,can appreciate the obvious. Those that can't,will continue to stumble in the dark.
<br>
<br>I'll take the forthcoming heat,for relating that my perception is that of me and me alone. No disrespect to any party,your mileage may vary and for all I know,you might think that is a 10yr old Ram,that is 38+".
<br>
<br>That is your fault.................
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I sure would like to see some pics! I just got home and don't care to offer comment , but would like to see the blasted things....Are they on Moosies site?
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ROTR,
<br>
<br>It appears they have been removed from the server were 'Slayer was storing them.
<br>
<br>The moose pictures are still there, but the sheep pics are gone.

Brian

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mike,
<br>
<br>You are just catching it at the wrong times. You are looking when his photo hosting site is down.
<br>
<br>They are there whenever it is up....
<br>
<br>
<br>Bill

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Stick
<br>
<br> I love conspiracy theories. [Linked Image] If indeed all the photos were shot at purposefull angles to distort the true story, well I love it [Linked Image] I just can't imagine why in the world anyone would go thru all this. /slayers anger is interpreted by me as being slammed on a hard earned ram, not being outed to the campfire public. I will not quess on age or inches, but full curl is obvious and I'd wager on it. I hope I'm not the only one who can get a little enjoyment out of disagreements, they usually reveal a lot of good usefull info. dempsey

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I will keep an eye open for them!! Thanks guys..
<br>
<br>I was just catching up on a few days postings and saw this one( eyes rolling around and around) and wanted to see the Ram.
<br>
<br>The only ones I've ever seen where in Sheep Creek Canyon in UT and they all had collars on! I will try to take some pics to work next week to get scanned and I'll post a few pics from there and Yellowstone.
<br>
<br>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Please no more fetus pics...yuck!!
<br>
<br>Mike
<br>
<br>

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Demps,
<br>
<br>I am slamming noone. My opinion is that of my own. I neither seek nor crave support. I'm happy to be out on my own limb,with my own thoughts.
<br>
<br>How hard it is to kill a dink,has yet to be discussed. In fact,that has not been disputed.
<br>
<br>Folks can be pissed and get mad,but the obvious has been missed. There is no need to brew a conspiracy,because the obvious is blatant.
<br>
<br>Skeptics choose a side and await the outcome. Just might be interesting,should I be forced to speculate...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
DinkTalk.com....where everbody gets their name in the book!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AKA SCI,Buckmasters or Dink International.
<br>
<br>By the way. What's happenin'?......................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nada.
<br>
<br>Hap' aning???
<br>
<br>Headin' out tomorrow for a little stroll in the woods. Think I'll go poke me an elk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now I'm really confused- In the first pictures I didn't think there was any way that animal was 38". In the second set, I really thought it looked plausible. Now, I'm not sure if it is even a sheep or a cardboard cut-out or some George Lucas special effects. [Linked Image]
<br>So I guess the pictures DON'T tell the whole story? Guess I'll go eat worms now where my lack of experience won't be so obvious! [Linked Image]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

<br>Stick
<br> I've been wrong before, could be again. I suppose the only way to get to the bottom of it is to get the inside skinny from the game department as mentioned. If I was the taker of the sheep I might not bother being I would be po'd. Cash usually settles that though. [Linked Image] I've got twenty (I'm cheap) that says it's legal. [Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spike,
<br>
<br>Here's wishin' you much MOJO on the Elk foray.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thank ya, kindly. I may need it...I'm down to the wire...all is in my favor, however.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,069
Posts18,501,446
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.