Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, Wade, Ol' Scat is in your corner.
<br>
<br>My part-Cherokee grandfather Fountain had a hide like old saddle leather, so it was easy for him to advise (whenever blond, fair, thin-skinned young grandson KEH bitched about the mosquitoes) "Just ignore 'em, Son."
<br>
<br>Good advice for whenever totally useless and spineless insect pests of any species, size, or leg count whine around you.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Although I am A man of my words (USUALLY [Linked Image]) I said I was done posting here, well I wanted to Clarify one last thing before I quit.
<br>
<br>I'm not sure who said something bad about Waders, Although me and him might not be on a eye-eye level, I would NEVER EVER say anything about his kids.
<br>
<br>I might give him [bleep] for being a LIER..... Errrr LAWYER, [Linked Image] but never anything about his kids. I just didn't want anyone to read anything into that post Wade... since I'm one of the top [bleep] stirers. *SMILE* I'm not implying that Waders meant me, but since he never said who did, I wanted to clarify.
<br>
<br>I have had some **** look me up, post my home address on the net, and LEAVE a nastey message on my home phone and Threaten to sneak up in the middle of the night and kick me and my family's ass.... YAH, that [bleep] funny when the wife listens to it..... It's all fun and games till the family gets involved. I will kill first to protect them and ask later. That my friend, is DAM sure !!!! I'd go toe-toe myself with anyone to back up what I say, LAY 10k on the table if I say, loose it, and buy ya lunch on top.... BUT don't involve family. PERIOD !!!
<br>
<br>Anyways, Just wanted to clear anyone thinking it was me making that chicken [bleep] E-mail, It's one thing messing around on the board. I, in fact, offered to pay Waders for his time, For I'm a buisness man too, and know time is money.
<br>
<br>OK, ALL that being said, I still have a 10k check ready to be sent.
<br>
<br>TAKE care, and leave Waders kids or family out of it.....
<br>
<br>-Sincerly, Oscar T. Williamson !!!
<br>
<br>

-Moosie

~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is my first post here at Campfire and I've got to admit that I sat here and read this entire thread, straight through, all 8 pages. Jeez, I've gotta get a life.
<br>
<br>Wade, you seem like a straight guy and the next time you have a WA get together I'll be there. Just remember though that it is 99% of all lawyers that give the rest a bad name.

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The logistics of this, some of the sordid characters involved(as in Waders' experience), the details of the bet which are NOT agreed upon,(and NO ONE has contacted me to discuss them; my bet offer above, specifies legality AND SIZE), and the obvious questions that would remain on the loser's side along with the possible legal implications prompt me to withdraw my offer before any other innocent bystanders get involved.
<br>
<br>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
An interesting withdrawl.. for the protection of someone elses children... legal implications...
<br>
<br>This has gotten a bit confused since the original assault. I would offer that the question of legality either be conceded and apologies be offered, or put up your $$ and back up your words. It would be the honorable thing to do...
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

Dan in Arizona
IC B2

'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Mike......the pic will be up at Hunttalk.com if the bets are off the table..and I think I read where they are...
<br>
<br>IIFID.........wise move.....that is one you would have wished you had back......
<br>
<br>Rick...I sent the mail to you some days ago before any talk of betting. I forwarded a copy to Rick and Cali and explained to them I thought you should handle the results of the judging from fish and game because they would not be as credible over here. I volunteered to have fish and game re-evaluate the ram in an effort to prove my position. I'm not sure why you didn't get your copy of the mail, but I assumed you weren't interested in being invovled when I got no reply. No big deal anyway.....
<br>
<br>To All...
<br>
<br>I didn't know Art before this all began...but in the last week, I got a side of him that let's me know he and I won't be sharing any campfires.....not after repeatedly being called a liar and a poacher by him.....
<br>Since the bets are withdrawn......I will tell you, I voluntarily had my sheep turned over for inspection by a biologist who is a 20 year veteran of Alaska Fish and Game. Furthermore...I had two board memebers of one of the biggest anti-poaching groups in Alaska who's main objective is to stop poaching, look at my sheep as well. Now that would take a big set of balls to turn over an illegal ram to an AK anyi- poaching group if the sheep were illegal wouldn't it? A park Ranger did indeed get the forst crack at my sheep as we left the hunt area.........so a total of 4 qualified authorities inspected my sheep to date....and all agreed he is easily more than full curl........OVER 8 years old, and is heavily BROOMED on one side. Now that meets and exceeds two of the three definitions of legal as outlined by Alaska Fish and Game...the only one it missed was brooming, and that was because he was only broomed heavily on one side. No matter, the sheep is legal anyway you count him, thus proving Art and pals wrong on that account. But I won't hold my breathe for an apology over here.
<br>
<br>Now......I was told I could get a letter head with printed results stating the sheep has been checked and legal by the groups I had inspect him........but I think Greenhorn said it best in an earlier post......
<br>
<br>"Ya know.. when I tell somebody that my JOHNSON is 14 inches long they always say the same thing... "SHOW ME!"
<br>
<br>Do I ever show them? Hell no. Not because it ain't 14 inches though........Greenhorn.
<br>
<br>
<br>But when I went silent and quit defending my kill, many took that as a sign of guilt.
<br>Well, I am done defending my sheep here, and you all are welcome to go by hunttalk to look at him if that still interests you. I will not post any pix here in the future for obvious reasons, but instead would post here where you could go see them at Moosie's if I kill something I think would be of interest to you. Sadly...this defamortory thread went 8 pages and over 200 hits in a VERY short time..........I figure those 200 hits can go towards Moosie's number's next time......
<br>
<br>DS
<br>
<br>

'Slayer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks!
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
I take it you went and looked at the ram Mike.......no problem,glad to show it to you.
<br>
<br>
<br>Need One wrote......
<br>
<br>The only real substitute for brains is silence. -- no
<br>
<br>A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher! --no
<br>
<br>
<br>Well said Sonny.
<br>
<br>,and the one I like is........."silence is golden"..
<br>DS

'Slayer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FYI, I have been acquainted with Slayer for some time as a dedicated hunter that sold out everything in Louisiana and boldly moved to Colorado for the hunting. Spends all his time learning and hunting. Sorry to say he has been plaged with controversy on most of the boards where he posts, who knows why? He offered me and Boggy a free antelope hunt on our trip to Wyoming but were unable to take it. How many of you have offered others you have never met a hunt?
<br>
<br>I have met CAT,(iifid), in person and can say he is an upright guy that stands by his convictions and strives to do what is right. He is a kind and generous man, strong on his principals and a family man taking his family everywhere with him.
<br>
<br>Sitka Deer, (Art), I have never met except on this board and personal e-mails. He has taken people from this board fishing and offered to take others, my self included. How can such a person be bad? He stated his opinion and many (people?) jumped in with opinions with no basis or knowledge what they were talking about like a bunch of teenagers, all mouth and no brains, just sturing things up!
<br>
<br>Moossieee, since the begining of your boards they have been filled with controversy, fussing and fighting among the posters. Much name calling and deteriorative communication between posters. End result, a devided board and unhappy posters coming and going and a clique behind it all. -- No charge for my un-offical prognosis and evaluation, from a lowly poster that has been there and done that. I have no doubt you are a good hunter and much knowledge on the subject but let your board down to those that are not, just like to talk and fuss, (their entertainment). JMHO and everyone has one.
<br>
<br>If the parties involved were to meet not knowing each other on public ground, they would probably hit it off like brothers we all are. All have expressed themselves in strong ways, which we are tempted to do in the heat of things, because we are individuals and most hunters have pretty strong opinions.
<br>
<br>This board against board thing is by some small individuals that have not matured in the brain and mouth yet. I visited the other board, long enough to read a couple of threads. Moosie you need to lead, not monitor, you could learn a lot by watching Rick.
<br>
<br>Wade has always been above board in all posts. Yes, he is one of the few, good, honest, responsible, trustworthy, lawyers. I can't remember a post, ever, where he was out of class. You bet I would use his services in a minute if in his area.
<br>
<br>Feel free to (sick), your board on me, I have already been burnt to a crisp. Just ashes remain with no feelings and old enough to tell it like I see it. As Stick says, your milage may vary but I think you are old enough to know. -- no
<br>
<br>The only real substitute for brains is silence! -- See no brains!
<br>

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slayer I did finally get a chance to see it! Looks like a nice one to me! Congratulations.
<br>
<br>I would definitely need a guide on those rascals..
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
HEy -no....
<br>
<br>YOU crack me up,
<br>
<br>"Moossieee, since the begining of your boards they have been filled with controversy, fussing and fighting among the posters. Much name calling and deteriorative communication between posters. End result, a devided board and unhappy posters coming and going and a clique behind it all. -- No charge for my un-offical prognosis and evaluation, from a lowly poster that has been there and done that. I have no doubt you are a good hunter and much knowledge on the subject but let your board down to those that are not, just like to talk and fuss, (their entertainment). JMHO and everyone has one. "
<br>
<br>THE part I disagree with is the GOOD hunter part, I've actually never really killed an animal, never tasted meat, and I cry every night when people say bad things about me... I'm real sensative ya know [Linked Image] MAN, MAybe I'll change my posting ways now... *WINK*
<br>
<br>OK, I'll be serious again DANG IT !!!
<br>
<br>I thought it took a big man for Sitka to post a sorry. I've locked all unapropriate threads and posts and have called the "TROOPS" to back off [Linked Image] MAN, YOU make it seem like I'm a CULT leader or something..... OHHH by the way, GO read my FIRESIDE, SOMEONE started a "MOOSIE THE CULT LEADER" post [Linked Image] Something I'd expect you to jump on ......
<br>
<br>And it couldn't be my Adult section that people come to to see, cuz there are "SOME" hunting reated ones *SMILE*
<br>
<br>-NO, if you ever swing by Idaho, or get board ever, CALL me up (208)571-1ELK, that goes for you or any yahoo that wants to see what makes me tick [Linked Image] You might be surprised.........
<br>
<br>WELL.. I guess I'll go pay bills.. If there isn't contraversy, I get lazy in my posting......
<br>
<br>TAKE CARE, AND good luck hunting (REALLY) !!!!
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

-Moosie

~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gotta agree Sonnie, CAT and Boggy have both invited me to hunt their land with being just known from here. I admire CAT for standing up to his principles and Art for being the man standing tall in the saddle he has proven to be.
<br>
<br>I have begged Rick to lock this scat up simply for it's devisiveness. I am glad it is straightning it's self out finally.
<br>
<br>The Rickmeister was right, sanity will prevail!
<br>
<br>Moosie, I hate it when people post just to get a reaction. A total waste of bandwidth IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fortunately, class shows.
<br>
<br>Unfortunately, so does crass.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AMEN SIR!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DS,
<br>
<br>Congrats on a hard earned trophy sheep.
<br>
<br>I am kind of sad though. 8 pages of posts and my name never came up once.
<br>
<br>Both of my hearts are broken [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Thanks Don......
<br>
<br>..and you know how it goes with the 8 pages..........if there were no contraversy...I would have had about 4 hits.......
<br>
<br>

'Slayer
N
Nut Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Sorry Don.....but we did think about ya a little NOT!
<br>
<br>Good luck on the Elk hunt Don. Knock em dead!

If ignorance is bliss,why aren't you smiling?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Slayer,
<br>
<br>I didn't see this thread until it was well along. About the extent of my knowledge about sheep is what NUT told me with him backing them up next to a steep drop off (whatever that means [Linked Image])
<br>
<br>What really struck me as ODD was that One Person in particular said a lot of things that are still up in the air, based on the data listed on these 8 pages. Instead of saying, you hunted hard, worked your tail off and came home happy with a trophy.
<br>
<br>I guess some people just can't enjoy the hunt of others. I enjoyed reading your "adventure". I am to damned old to go on the sheep hunt you enjoyed, thats for sure, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying reading about them - like yours.
<br>You can take pleasure in your trophy and enjoy telling of your advetures of people truly interested in hearing them. Those individuals that would rather banter you - forget them - they aren't worth the time.
<br>
<br>Have a good one,
<br>
<br>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
Thanks for the words Don......and while I know the hunt meant more to me than anyone else, and a lot of folks could care less, there were a great many folks at Hunttalk asking for pix and a story.........so I just figured being a member here as well with more than 500 posts, the interest would be so here as well...and it was by a few folks.
<br>
<br>But like you said...in the end, it really only matters what I thought of it...and hey, I had the hunt of my life!

'Slayer
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,689
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.