Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
hbj Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I am looking to build a 32 cal. squirrel gun "NO KIT". I would like to do it old school. I am new to building muzzleloaders and would like advice from the experts. Where is the best place to start? I would like to base it off the T/C Seneca or Cherokee style. Any tips, suggestions and advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated. Best places to buy Barrels, Parts, Stocks and even load data for the 32 cal. Thanks guys,

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suggest you get a Track of the Wolf catalogue. LOTS of photoes of rifles in all of the old original categories. Excellent place for your idea mill. Parts,locks and barrels abound.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pecatonica is worth a look too.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First I would recommend getting a couple books on building .
Then If your wanting old school as you say , then junk the idea of the TC � past being a side lock , there is not much �old school � there .
If it�s a � stock your looking for then I would recommend doing a lot of searching on line and building a file with folder of nothing but rifles that you like . Specifically those that fit what your looking to build . Save as many folders of each rifle that you can . IE patch box , side plate stock , barrle , sights ��.. You name it .

As was said , there are several places to buy parts from but when looking at complete parts assemblies . IoW Pecatonica , muzzleloader builder supply , Sitting fox , Chambers�. There are probably a couple 100 more that supply nothing but individual parts like locks , triggers or castings . Then you have the barrel makers Like Colerain , Getz , Rice , Long hammock ��

With assemblies and pre carved stocks be sure what your looking at is done for a small caliber IE the stock is proportioned properly
The other thing to consider is building from a plank and then buy parts from different suppliers . Frankly IMO this is the best route to go . The reason I say that is that most of the bigger suppliers like ToW offer only the most popular , handful of styles and the generic hardware for those styles

[Linked Image]
H
hbj Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the info guys.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,073
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.