Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Be the perfect time for us to get hit while we are tied up with ISSl and ebola at the same time.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The world owes the USA a big thank you for this, the bill should be sent to the UN.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
International bankers at their best.

I doubt it has anything to do with international bankers. laugh

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The only role for our military in fighting versus bringing Ebola to America is for the Navy to patrol and help the oceans and the Sahara do their natural job of isolating the region.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Obama is the King of confusion and chaos. He is all about Obama while he ignores the highest ranking officers in our armed forces! ..his approval rating sucks and even the democrats are trying to separate themselves from him ....so they can get elected.

What ever happened to those school kids who supposedly got the Ebola virus?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Members of the United States Armed Forces are NOT "our kids". If you are a "kid" as, for instance, a United States Marine, US Army Ranger, US Navy Seal, USAF Forward Air Controller, etc, just what the [bleep] do you have to do to be called a MAN? frown

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
sorry, no disrespect intended. The age of the ones sent over will probably be about 19, but who really knows. Regardless of age or rank, they are certainly 'Men'.

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't think the term "kids" was intended the way you took it. I know one kid who will fly back to OKC Thursday after a deployment in Afghanistan. He's 27 and a man but he'll always be my "kid".

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where is Brutus to save Rome?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Yep, but you know the assclown is not going to ban his peeps from travel and spreading that crap. I bet China and Russia will stop all incoming flights from that region.

can't argue

220 Swift still king.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O will do anything to kill Americans and the economy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
And all those US troops will be coming home again to spread it here, which may well be the idea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
sorry, no disrespect intended. The age of the ones sent over will probably be about 19, but who really knows. Regardless of age or rank, they are certainly 'Men'.

OK, I appreciate that, sorry if I spoke too harshly. Just one of those things that gets my hackles up. Best Regards. Jerry

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
And all those US troops will be coming home again to spread it here, which may well be the idea.

With about 3000 infected thus far, and say an average 2 weeks between infection and death, that makes this epidemic out to be something a little over .1% of the population of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. That amounts to something like 60 people infected at any given time. Double or triple those numbers and it's still easily manageable with enough equipment and a few more trained people.

This in an area the size of the North Central states here with a comparable population.

Do any of you realize how freaking stupid this thread is?

We are sending the people who are far and away the best in the world at setting up advanced medical facilities in the middle of nowhere to give the medical teams we can muster a fighting chance at putting this fire out before it really does become a problem that threatens us.

What happens if this fire does not burn itself out in those countries? What happens if Ebola turns into an endemic disease burning at some level year round week after week month after month, year after year?

Are you all so damn stupid as to think that's not a much, much bigger threat to us that what we are looking at now? Really? Are any of you dumb enough that you can't figure out the ultimate expense to us will be much greater on a continuing basis if this can't be put out? And of course simplest of all, can none of you see that putting out a small fire is a lot easier than putting out a big one?

Let this thing go past the knee in the numbers curve and people will do what they always do, flee. They will start more small fires in more places and some of those places will be much more densely populated and we'll see the same thing we are looking at now in two, or five, or ten places. Then what?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
would to God Miles, that we are all as knowledgeable and smart as you. laugh

...but then, what the heck, if we all were up to speed on everything, and knew all the answers, we would not have a damn thing to discuss here, except whether or not a .270 belongs in everyone's gun safe. smile

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All the "smart" guys have underestimated and downplayed this unprecedented Ebola outbreak from the start. The "stupid" guys want to keep it as far away from here as possible. Put me in the stupid camp.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Having spent more than a few days, weeks... in Africa; I have to reluctantly agree with the President's "plan". The west Africn countries currently affected with Ebola, are poorly equipped to handle the outbreak and in today's global travel patterns, it takes nothing for a couple of infected people to hope a flight to Europe and then here before the virus becomes active.

The 3,000 he's proposing to send will be 90%+ medical folks -- many from the reserve components, where a lot of our military's medical expertise resides. The "combat" troops will be there to provide crowd control & security for the camps -- very necessary to prevent further spread. Within the U.S. Army & Navy there are specialized medical research units - NAMRU an ARMRU -- this is right up their alley.

There will also be Civil Affairs units/Engineers deployed to teach proper sanitation, dig wells to provide clean water (a major problem throughout Africa).

So quit the whining. I spent 24 years in the Army and was sent on more stupid and meaningless deployments -- don't get be started on AFG & IRQ. My real bitch is; where are the Brits and Frogs on this? Maybe they need to find a cadaver in Trafalgar Sq or on the front steps of the Louvre Museum...

Tom

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
All the "smart" guys have underestimated and downplayed this unprecedented Ebola outbreak from the start. The "stupid" guys want to keep it as far away from here as possible. Put me in the stupid camp.
+1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
would to God Miles, that we are all as knowledgeable and smart as you. laugh

...but then, what the heck, if we all were up to speed on everything, and knew all the answers, we would not have a damn thing to discuss here, except whether or not a .270 belongs in everyone's gun safe. smile

This isn't an analysis that require much for smarts Sam.

We are the world's experts on building mobile hospitals in the middle of nowhere. We began it in Korea and are now pretty damned good at it and using those facilities to keep people alive that would otherwise have died. There is no one else, and what can be said of what else there is is that it tries to imitate what we have done without the hard won experience we have had.

We have spent decades engaged in biological combat of a sort with Russia. They devoted the time and money to weaponizing different agents. We spent the time and money for the most part on countermeasures. We are the world's resource for stuff like this

The rest is just pretty basic common sense.

Last edited by MILES58; 09/17/14.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=FlaRick]All the "smart" guys have underestimated and downplayed this unprecedented Ebola outbreak from the start. The "stupid" guys want to keep it as far away from here as possible. Put me in the stupid camp.

If the pathetic ignorance self proclaimed here weren't such a direct analog to the fear and ignorance in West Africa that denies disease and death in their homes are from Ebola, the two of you might make a good object lesson for children.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,234
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.