Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Jurors are, for the most part, intimidated when it comes to taking actions against police officers, apart from the most blatant sort of open criminality.

Talking out of your ass again, Hawkeye.

Typing out his ass.

You don't want to see his keyboard.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That guy had already shot a kid in the windpipe and a lady in the face. He was running around screaming about "putting your eye out with that thing". He was a crazy man trying to shoot people's eyes out.

And there's the whole story, I thought there might be more.
Where's the evidence of this? I've read several reports that don't make mention one of any of that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Did the guy have a rap sheet? If so, perhaps society is better off without him, but removing people from the gene pool isn't the job of the police.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That guy had already shot a kid in the windpipe and a lady in the face. He was running around screaming about "putting your eye out with that thing". He was a crazy man trying to shoot people's eyes out.

there better be more to the story to justify killing the man

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
It's OK. He probably had a rap sheet. Anyway, the important thing is that the officer made it home safe at the end of his shift.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 911 call puts things in an entirely different picture.

Caller told dispatch that a man was walking around shooting a black rifle at people.

This is what was the info police had at the time.

So, when you arrive where people are calling about an active shooter do you wait for him to point at you? Do you wait for him to shoot somebody else? How long do you wait for him to comply?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where's the evidence of this? I've read several reports that don't make mention one of any of that.

I don't have any evidence of that. I just figured that since everyone else was presenting their theories and opinions as fact that I would too.

Sorry if my outlandish theories temporarily derailed your outlandish theories.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
The 911 call puts things in an entirely different picture.

Caller told dispatch that a man was walking around shooting a black rifle at people.

This is what was the info police had at the time.

So, when you arrive where people are calling about an active shooter do you wait for him to point at you? Do you wait for him to shoot somebody else? How long do you wait for him to comply?
When did he get an opportunity to comply? Seems like he was full of holes before he knew anyone was concerned about him, let alone that the police were making demands of him.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
not to mention do you kill a man on the word of a 911 caller

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don't have any evidence of that. I just figured I would present theories and opinions as fact.
About how I figured it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Made ya look.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You didn't answer my questions. Nice dodge.

You clearly see the chance to comply. He took a step to the right, started crouch and raise the gun. Chance gone.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Bluedreaux just stated that he made that up from whole cloth.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Read this in a report elsewhere on the 'net. If this is true he should be charged with manslaughter and the dead man's family should sue the chit outta him.

In addition, the man who initially made the call to 9-1-1 to report that Crawford was carrying a weapon around the store and pointing it at people, Ronald Ritchie, has already admitted to lying about the facts regarding his 9-1-1 call.

During the initial call, Ritchie claimed that a black man was �walking around with a gun in the store.� He told the dispatcher, �He�s, like, pointing it at people,� and later told reporters, �He was pointing at people. Children walking by,� according to The Guardian.

But a month later in an interview with The Guardian he had changed his story stating, �At no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody.�

Additionally, in the initial call, Ritichie told the dispatcher that Crawford appeared to be �trying to load� the gun, which the 9-1-1 dispatcher relayed to officers telling them that they thought the gunman had �just put some bullets inside.�

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/br...an-toy-gun-wal-mart/#Fo669BZ7DUFXM3Kq.99

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You didn't answer my questions. Nice dodge.

You clearly see the chance to comply. He took a step to the right, started crouch and raise the gun. Chance gone.

Comply with what? Do witnesses confirm that cops issued a command and provided more than an instant to comply?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Made ya look.
What??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's your job to face the dude. You've been told that he's already shot people. What frame of mind do you approach him with?

Me? He flinches, he dies. I'm not giving him the chance to kill me. Remember, I don't know that it's an air rifle and I'm under the impression that he's trigger happy.

Seriously, what would you have done differently given that knowledge?

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It's your job to face the dude. You've been told that he's already shot people. What frame of mind do you approach him with?

Me? He flinches, he dies. I'm not giving him the chance to kill me. Remember, I don't know that it's an air rifle and I'm under the impression that he's trigger happy.

Besides schitting their pants. Nothing different and they know it

But TrH hasn't been able to jump on his soap box in a while so now he is making up for lost time

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

the toy gun has an orange tip on it and no one in the store is acting like a man has a weapon pointing it at people.

How often does a cop go into a retail store with someone brandishing a weapon and people are still shopping and going about their business?

Last edited by KFWA; 09/25/14.

Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,166
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.