Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Oh boy, being a LEO for the past 24 years it is hard to make the call on this one. Did the officers challenge him?? Looks to me like they just shot him.

Wondering y he picked the gun up and was walking around the store with it??

Don't gobble at me
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fubarski
And Gitem, since you're so obviously wrong about this process, you've lost all credibility, and will no longer be posting on the Campfire, correct?
One can only hope.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Oh boy, being a LEO for the past 24 years it is hard to make the call on this one. Did the officers challenge him?? Looks to me like they just shot him.

Wondering y he picked the gun up and was walking around the store with it??

Yes according to testimony. They did challenge him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bluedreaux,

I'm not sure I endorsed or insisted police use the same ROEs that we used in Iraq? Did I say that?

I am asking for a national conversation on when police should rightfully fire on someone holding a gun, which is a protected constitutional right. If someone in uniform can kill you for holding a gun, then "keep and bear arms" isn't much of a right.

In this instance, I just can't see the reason for the use of lethal force, but I wasn't there. From the admittedly "armchair quarterback" position I'm left with more questions than answers after watching the video a few times.

AFTER you have a few missions under your belt cruising around in an MRAP at night looking for IEDs, then comment about the engineers.

Feel free to post your bonifides...

"Snyper"

Cute name....

Last edited by David_Walter; 09/27/14.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by gitem_12
No GJs can call witnesses and prety
Much examine whatever piece of evidence they want. There is no "defense" side to a grand Jury, meaning the only attoney present is usually the prosecutor

Guess again.

Grand juries receive and evaluate the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor. They have no right to demand additional evidence.

We don't even know if the grand jury saw the video. And we'll never know, since the proceedings are secret.

A prosecutor can bring a one-sided presentation of evidence and get most anyone indicted, a la Rick Perry's matter.

A prosecutor can likewise decide not to present certain evidence, and attempt to secure a no bill.

In this case, if the prosecutor decided to only present the testimony of the officer that they approached, the victim raised the rifle, and they shot him dead, what else could the GJ do?

And Gitem, since you're so obviously wrong about this process, you've lost all credibility, and will no longer be posting on the Campfire, correct?

You're right. Misuse of words. But here they do have the power to subpoena witnesses, and documents. They don't call witnesses, but the prosecutor will work qith the Gj to gather evidence and hear testimony. That's how i should have phrased it.

And according to articles i read on the case, the Gj did see the video, and heard testimony from 18 witnesses.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ive got a cousin that will tell you being shot with a bb/pellet gun is not something to shrug off.....one into his gut nearly cost him his life....not his eye, not his head, into his stomach....

as others have pointed out why isnt the idiot walking around with the gun supposed to have any common sense...freedoms dont come without responsibilities....if your gonna march around a store with a bb gun that is sold in a box(ive seen the damn things on the shelf) with anything more than a serious look appears to be a normal firearm your a few cards short of a full deck OR your looking for the result you got, suicide by cop.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Rattler,

Agreed to that, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Bluedreaux,

I'm not sure I endorsed or insisted police use the same ROEs that we used in Iraq? Did I say that?

You said it's "out of control" that the ROE would be more liberal for cops than what you had in Iraq. Then you said that anyone who thinks cops should have more liberal ROE than soldiers in Iraq was a "menace to the Republic" (which, by the way, was a nice deflection from your earlier statement of "enemy-foreign and domestic").

So yeah, I'd say that's a pretty plain endorsement of cops using the same, or more strict, ROE than you used in Iraq.

We had more stringent rules of engagement on civilians in Iraq than these jackasses have against US civilians in a walmart.

This is out of control.

No. If you think cops should be able to shoot US citizens in a walmart under more relaxed rules of engagement than we had in Iraq, then you're a menace to the Republic.

I've simply asked for clarification on which ROE you'd like to see implemented from the military? The ROE for drone strikes? You don't have to answer, it's rhetorical.

As for my bonafides, I've already admitted you've got way more "gunplay" under your belt than I do. There's no need for you to embarrass me with my insignificant resume in front of all these folks.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guess again.

LOL
Guess again yourself:
A grand jury is a legal body that is empowered to conduct official proceedings to investigate potential criminal conduct and to determine whether criminal charges should be brought.
A grand jury may compel the production of documents and may compel the sworn testimony of witnesses to appear before it. A grand jury is separate from the courts, which do not preside over its functioning.[1]

What was that you said about "credibility"?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Feel free to post your bonifides...

"Snyper"

Cute name....

LOL
I'm not playing your silly game just because you won't admit you formed your opinion without knowing anything about the case

Tell me again about the "toy gun with the orange tip" instead of just childish repetition about my SN

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's no need for you to embarrass me with my insignificant resume in front of all these folks.

He's using that tactic to distract from his first post:

it was an f-ing bb gun with a orange tip

Isn't this exactly why they make the orange tip?

The cops were in the wrong, period.

You'd think a highly trained Colonel would want to get the facts first.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I might make so bold as to interrupt this juvenile pizzing contest between (when you get right down to it) mostly LIKE minded individuals.

ALL of the ammo is off the local Wal Mart shelves in my town , this AM, and one apparently has to present ID and ask specifically for what the robot on duty may or may not know is in stock, "In the Back".

Verification needed on the rumor that same same in Tucson.

Right, wrong, motivated by fear, poor training, a savage desire for neocon cops to do whatever,.....maybe a plot hatched out by joo bankers,....WHATEVER......

Lemme get on record that this event is going to SUBSTANTIALLY modify Wally World's corporate culture, and as well it's future activities in marketing arms of ANY sort.

All this chit slingin' going on, ....it behooves me to remind you to wash your hands before eating.

carry on.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 09/27/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Snyper
Guess again.

LOL
Guess again yourself:
A grand jury is a legal body that is empowered to conduct official proceedings to investigate potential criminal conduct and to determine whether criminal charges should be brought.
A grand jury may compel the production of documents and may compel the sworn testimony of witnesses to appear before it. A grand jury is separate from the courts, which do not preside over its functioning.[1]

What was that you said about "credibility"?

Maybe "guess again" was too complicated a concept for you. When you're completely clueless, Wikipedia ain't necessarily your friend.

The grand jur*Y*, through the prosecutor guiding it, can issue subpoenas requesting appearance and/or other evidence. A grand jur*OR* sits and observes the presentation of that evidence by the prosecutor.

It ain't like a grand jurOR can just demand you empty your pockets, though if you were serving as one, I could see it happening.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe "guess again" was too complicated a concept for you. When you're completely clueless, Wikipedia ain't necessarily your friend.

I'm not sure what you're rambling about, but what I posted refutes the statement that was made, and has nothing to do with anything you've said.

Here is the (false) statement I was referring to:

Guess again.

Grand juries receive and evaluate the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor. They have no right to demand additional evidence

Instead of whining about WIKI, why not prove it's incorrect if you believe that's the case, by showing your own source

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David Walter is going to be really pissed when the SC trooper walks for shooting the perp in the parking lot and then gets his job and pay back.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"Snyper"

I did get the orange tip thing wrong.

I'm probably not wrong that you have absolutely nothing to do with being a sniper.

Did I say "cute name" yet?

Sherp,

I'm not worried about cops shooting "perps." I am concerned about shooting people in a big box who appear to be laying down their "gun" as they were told.

Sherp? Is that your real name like "Snyper?"

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Oh, and "Snyper".

Grand Juries don't have any "rights." They have powers.

Look it up.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Snyper

I'm not sure what you're rambling about, but what I posted refutes the statement that was made, and has nothing to do with anything you've said.

Here is the (false) statement I was referring to:

Guess again.

Grand juries receive and evaluate the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor. They have no right to demand additional evidence

Instead of whining about WIKI, why not prove it's incorrect if you believe that's the case, by showing your own source

Well, I must admit I failed.

I tried to present my post in such a way that even a complete idiot couldn't misread it.

I failed to anticipate the depths of your stupidity.

As I clarified in the later post, which you also were unable to comprehend, grand jurors, sitting on grand juries, (the people from the community making the decision whether or not there exists probable cause to believe a crime has been committed, and the individual to be charged was involved in committing it), have no right to demand any additional evidence be presented. The prosecutor runs the show, for good or bad.

It's that simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sherp,

I'm not worried about cops shooting "perps." I am concerned about shooting people in a big box who appear to be laying down their "gun" as they were told.

Here is the story about the perp getting shot Dave:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9209206/1

Bet you lose your friggin mind when that officer gets exonerated and gets his job back. Anything the officer wants to do is up to the officer and it is not your place to 2nd guess them. Haven't you learned that from the officers on this site yet?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
I agree with the guy who posted that if the attitudes by cops here are indicative of the force as a whole the whole lot of you need fired.

We had more stringent rules of engagement on civilians in Iraq than these jackasses have against US civilians in a walmart.

This is out of control.

Colonel Walter,

Many and most people here are biased based on their own experience.
It appears to me, given your comment, that your view is biased based on your experience dealing with the restrictions, limitations and rules you lived under.

I wonder if you'd be so unflexing if you'd been allowed the opportunity to do your job without the ROE you had.

I've been to different sources to watch the video, and the guy did not react properly when requested to drop the gun. Face it, his whole action, to pick up a apparent real looking weapon, and hang out in the pet food aisle for an extended duration was just not right.

The cops did their job.

You can't compare them to Iraq, and contrary to the lot that posts this, these items don't happen every damn day, and certainly are the superminority of interactions with police.

Yep, anything an officer wants done should be done. Whether it is ordering someone to drop a firearms in an open carry state or demanding oral sex. Doesn't matter if the department or legal systems clear them for it later either.

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.