Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So headed to Cheyenne mtn shooting complex that's ran by ft Carson mwr. So get set up get to shooting their is a kid bench over obvious he is a joe in the Army shooting a brand new savage axis. His target is at 25yds and it's one of those zombie pig targets. He's shooting away. Then he asks rso to check his group out the rso exclaims yeah dude your scope is broke. So I take a look at his target hhmmm horizontal stringing ok. So cease fire we are walking to look at targets ask the kid what kind of ammo you shooting? He replies oh some reloads I picked up at a gunshow, then goes onto say yeah my scope broke after 10 shots. I told him go buy some federal blue box and try it again. Kid just looked at me with a dumb look grabbed his target hot footing it to sportsman warehouse. One day I'm going to get property so I can have my own shooting range.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
HR IC

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sound idea.

I've lately been thinking of the same thing.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I was just looking at a piece of property that borders the national forest. There sure are some idiots out there now days. No wonder they want to take our guns away..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What I like the most guys with 7mags or any rifle just shooting fast as they can... Barrels screaming ass hot..... Then they have their ballistic charts out " yeah xx inches low at 400yds" me hey have you chronographed that load huh what's Chronograph oh boy never mind.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I was just looking at a piece of property that borders the national forest. There sure are some idiots out there now days. No wonder they want to take our guns away..

Ah [bleep] folks with pistols the worse. Failure to feed turn pistol sideways pointed my direction ah [bleep] going to meet my maker at the shooting range. When I see that I get up and take a break.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have to deal with idiots out here. But it pisses me the heck off, to have to go out and shoo the cows away from rubbing on the 4,5,6 and 700 yard gongs.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Ah [bleep] folks with pistols the worse. Failure to feed turn pistol sideways pointed my direction ah [bleep] going to meet my maker at the shooting range. When I see that I get up and take a break.

That and the AR guys. Pray and spray buddy, pray and spray!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You see all kinds, the other day I went to the local range over lunch to test fire a few new loads. It isn't much, just a place to shoot on some county owned land. In the middle of my session in drives a red convertible mustang and I thought what yahoo is this.
Turns out it's an 81 year old man who just bought a Springfield Armory compact .45 for his own birthday present the day before. He wanted to try it out before roadtripping through WY and MT this fall.
I thought when I'm 81 I wanna be like you.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
79, I'm an NRA Cert. RSO. My job is RANGE SAFETY OFFICER, not a coach to check targets or equipment problems other than specifically safety related, which calls for a range wide Cease Fire. I'm only cert. on a rifle range and DO NOT allow pistols or revolvers (I do allow single shot handguns on sand bags at my discretion however) on my watch. I have been called a "Range Nazi" and so be it however with that said I still have my share of horror stories, but no accidents. Please all remember the 2 rules, BE SAFE and HAVE FUN.- BTW my day in the local barrel is tomorrow.-Muddy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

That and the AR guys. Pray and spray buddy, pray and spray!!!

That sums up most of the shooting ranges I've been in SoCal. Guys spraying their ARs with random hits all over their zombie targets.. There are a few odd bench rest guys who are really good, though. Lots of cheap equipment abound.

Eric

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I don't have to deal with idiots out here. But it pisses me the heck off, to have to go out and shoo the cows away from rubbing on the 4,5,6 and 700 yard gongs.....

Man, thats rough! laugh

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by huntsman22

smile smile smile

I gotta watch for ATVs coming up the beach, infringing on the back-stop picture before I get enough snow to use the Bravo to get out alone across the tundra to a hillbank. No gongs tho, nor chronographs- just those 4X4 pieces of cardboard out to 300 yards.

After that I've a fair idear.... to 500. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You need to electrify the gongs Don.

Clos

NRA Life Member

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm fairly certain cows are attracted to gunfire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you may be onto something.....

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Years ago we bought what we call the North Ranch, it had a chip seal air strip 3600' long on it, we didn't need an airport so i made a 1000 yard shooting range out of the old airport, we have had a lot of fun shooting there over the years. rio7

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
a range I go to occasionally was closed for a while because a house a mile behind it had a bullet go through a patio door and Imbed into a wall.
Turned out a local law enforcement guy and his buddy set up a human silouhette target at 100 yds and proceded to let wholly hell loose with their ar15s. They set it up in front of a berm but it was so high they were skipping many off the top of the berm. Word was there was a good sized u shaped notch cut out. Luckily one of the shooters was related to the homeowner so apologees were easier to make. The range now has steel panels angled up over the berm and is reopened. Still....that homeowner has to wonder every time he hears shooting how safe he is from another idiot.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
those dem's came to collect your guns

Lions is bad. Lions is feerse. Lions ete folks.
Edison Marshall "The Heart of the Hunter"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No wonder they want to take our guns away..

Has nothing to do with why they want our guns.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I often see guys at the range sighting in rifles from the off hand position.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.