Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
We don't vote electronically here in Montana so I guess I missed your point.

However, there are no Anti-federalists (conservatives) on any ballot in any state that's likely to get voted into office, at least at the federal level. Therefore, the quarter is in play and there won't be any change no matter who wins.

Iowa State Sen. Joni Ernst is ahead in her polls and she has impeccable conservative credentials.

When she wins, that will put the GOP over the six needed in the Senate.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
The same old chit will continue either way.

Yes.

Domestic spying isn't a tool for giving Democrats more power. Domestic spying is a tool for giving the government more power.

Hence, if you're a politician you're going to favor it, and if you're not, you're going to oppose it.

The only way this is a Democrat/Republican issue is if a politician of one party can convince you that she is not as much in favor of it as a competing politician of the other party, so that she can be assured of your vote. Once the election is over and the winners are declared, the Democrat-vs-Republican nature of the issue will disappear and it'll go back to being ruler-vs-subject.

You say, "Oh, but my Republican politician would never do that, because she has impeccable conservative bona fides and she says..."?

If you're still stuck in the believing-what-politicians-say stage of your political development, then I don't have much to say to you, except to suggest that it'll probably be more fun to have a tea party with the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny than it will to waste your time talking to grownups about politics.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Today we got better numbers...

RCP Average 9/3-29 Right Direction 28 percent Wrong Track 65.7 percent -37.7 spread

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they won't vote for the local Democrat or RINO.
Those "are we going the right direction or wrong direction" polls are so generalized and useless. One guy wants segregation back, another guy wants communism, and a third wants no government at all. Yet all three are reflected in the same "wrong direction" on the poll....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Barak

Yes.

Domestic spying isn't a tool for giving Democrats more power. Domestic spying is a tool for giving the government more power.

Hence, if you're a politician you're going to favor it, and if you're not, you're going to oppose it.

The only way this is a Democrat/Republican issue is if a politician of one party can convince you that she is not as much in favor of it as a competing politician of the other party, so that she can be assured of your vote. Once the election is over and the winners are declared, the Democrat-vs-Republican nature of the issue will disappear and it'll go back to being ruler-vs-subject.

You say, "Oh, but my Republican politician would never do that, because she has impeccable conservative bona fides and she says..."?

If you're still stuck in the believing-what-politicians-say stage of your political development, then I don't have much to say to you, except to suggest that it'll probably be more fun to have a tea party with the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny than it will to waste your time talking to grownups about politics.

Iowa State Sen. Joni Ernst is ahead in her polls and she has impeccable conservative credentials.
That is when things will begin to change.

Joni Ernst record in Iowa is for real. She made a real difference.
Where you are stuck at cannot change those real facts.

Lt. Col. Ernst has always made a difference. She has earned the right to do the same in Washington.
Earned the right to try and with enough help there will be a difference. A change.
I've seen it happen before.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
I sense it will mean an end to any conservative hopes for reversing this progressive communist trend.

Think about this.

The government can reprogram your smart phone at will, without your consent and without your knowledge. They can turn it on after you've turned it off.
What smart phone? None of those pos is in this house..

The government can essentially do the same to your home computer if it's accessed to the world wide web.
All they'll see is a pic of my shop...

Now tell me, do you really think your "ELECTRONIC VOTE" is secure?
Hell no.. It's why ALL voting should be on paper..

Yes.

About ten years ago I would have said BS... Not today.. I say you're spot on..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sense it will mean an end to any conservative hopes for reversing this progressive communist trend.

Think about this.

The government can reprogram your smart phone at will, without your consent and without your knowledge. They can turn it on after you've turned it off. They can track it and you and what you do or say on it.

The government can essentially do the same to your home computer if it's accessed to the world wide web.

Now tell me, do you really think your "ELECTRONIC VOTE" is secure?

All the polls suggested a Romney win. People were confident in it.

All the polls suggest a conservative win in November. People are confident in it.

If it doesn't happen, I firmly believe the answer is apparent.

You sure like to throw that word "conservative" around. In refererence to the last couple of elections...it's pretty tough for conservatives to win when there isn't one on the ballet. I agree with the fraud factor, for sure. Lots of it is not so sophisticated though. I watched bus after bus of invalids come to the polls last year, with a single (obviously Democrat) nurse "assisting" each with their votes. I can't even imagine how much mail-in stuff they cheat on.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am a firm believer that SamboBama wasn't re elected in 2012....

the democrats are using Latin American election rules anymore....

and they justify it by claiming "Bush stole the 2000 Election Campaign in Florida"....

Same thing as the Washington Governor's race when Christine Gregore 'won' by 129 votes statewide... after supposedly they found 2000 absentee ballots in the front trunk of a rusted out VW Bug in a Junk Yard somewhere... and somehow amazingly, all 2000 of them cast, were cast for the Democrat....

Then the ACORN election episode....

We haven't had honest election results going on 10 years in this country....and the Democrats excuse is 'the Republicans started it'..

If the Mid Term elections go for the Liberals, you know we have illegal election results... period...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The government can reprogram your smart phone at will, without your consent and without your knowledge. They can turn it on after you've turned it off. They can track it and you and what you do or say on it.

If you think this is a Liberial or a conservative issue you are confused my friend! Can you say Plutocracy?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
But if you think a conservative win will put the government domestic spying in check, then let me tell you about this Nigerian Prince I met.

A conservative will still be a Republican, and the Republican party is 110% all for domestic spying; just like the Democrat party.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Bullshit.

She's just another RNC brand Republican waving the boogeyman flag.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/susan-milligan/2014/05/13/jodi-ernsts-stunning-iraq-wmd-claim

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ground Truth from Iowa:
Des Moines Register: Do you believe there was actionable intelligence to go into Iraq?
ERNST: I do believe at that time there was. I wasn't at a level to know. Obviously, the president thought there was actionable intelligence. So, as an Iraqi War veteran I stand beside that. And I stand beside every other soldier I served with in believing we were on a clearly defined mission to go into Iraq.
DMR: Even though Saddam Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction?
ERNST: We don't know that there were weapons on the ground when we went in. However, I do have reason to believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. That was the intelligence that was operated on. I was not at a level to question.
DMR: Are you now?
ERNST: I have reason to believe there was weapons of mass destruction.
[...]
Consider: As recently as 2012, when polled on questions about the Iraq war, a supermajority of Republicans�67 percent�thought that Iraq had WMD when America went in.

Consider also that Ernst's campaign thus far is pure tribalism, ads about the aforementioned barnyard skills and ads about how she keeps a pistol in her purse.

She's an Iraq war veteran; if she wins the primary, she faces a Democratic trial lawyer who did not serve.

Notice how her answer is 90 percent about her own service and patriotism, and how she rejects the idea that her fellow soldiers fought for a lie.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It comes down to how much voter fraud the Dems get away with again. They have been rigging the last two election cycles.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
It comes down to how much voter fraud the Dems get away with again. They have been rigging the last two election cycles.

Urban Myth used by the Right to stir up fear with the base.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
We don't vote electronically here in Montana so I guess I missed your point.

However, there are no Anti-federalists (conservatives) on any ballot in any state that's likely to get voted into office, at least at the federal level. Therefore, the quarter is in play and there won't be any change no matter who wins.

If she had "impeccable conservative credentials" she would not be running for federal office.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yes.

Lt. Col. Ernst has always made a difference. She has earned the right to do the same in Washington.
Earned the right to try and with enough help there will be a difference. A change.

Lt. Col. Ernst will work to end Federalism? That will be something to see if she can pull it off.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ground Truth from Iowa:
Des Moines Register: Do you believe there was actionable intelligence to go into Iraq?
ERNST: I do believe at that time there was. I wasn't at a level to know. Obviously, the president thought there was actionable intelligence. So, as an Iraqi War veteran I stand beside that. And I stand beside every other soldier I served with in believing we were on a clearly defined mission to go into Iraq.
DMR: Even though Saddam Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction?
ERNST: We don't know that there were weapons on the ground when we went in. However, I do have reason to believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. That was the intelligence that was operated on. I was not at a level to question.
DMR: Are you now?
ERNST: I have reason to believe there was weapons of mass destruction.
[...]
Consider: As recently as 2012, when polled on questions about the Iraq war, a supermajority of Republicans�67 percent�thought that Iraq had WMD when America went in.

Consider also that Ernst's campaign thus far is pure tribalism, ads about the aforementioned barnyard skills and ads about how she keeps a pistol in her purse.

She's an Iraq war veteran; if she wins the primary, she faces a Democratic trial lawyer who did not serve.

Notice how her answer is 90 percent about her own service and patriotism, and how she rejects the idea that her fellow soldiers fought for a lie.

What the hell are you trying to say?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

All the polls suggest a conservative win in November. People are confident in it.

What candidates running are conservative?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yes.

Both as Montgomery County Auditor and Iowa state senator Joni Ernst worked hard to cut government waste, grow jobs in Iowa and cut taxes.

Her time in the Iowa Senate saw unemployment rate drop 1.6 percent with over 130,000 new jobs.

The biggest Iowa tax cut ever and a $900 million budget deficit turned into into a $1 billion dollar budget surplus.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU GUYS WANT FROM YOUR STATE POLITICIANS????

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Progressives aren't the only possible utopians. just saying.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 406_SBC, 19 invisible), 2,782 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,536,004
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.