Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[quote=Calhoun

As an example.

While not Game law related. Some months go I was dispatched to a residence to speak with a cab driver who stated he was stiffed on a fare when he dropped the guy off at the house I responded to. I knocked on the door, guy opened door, and in plain viee was a stack of cash and 3 kilos of Heroin. At that point I could enter the house and seize the contraband without a warrant. Because

I was in a aplace i was legally permitted to be( on the porch, knocking at the door to speek with an individual named in an investigation.

B. i had legal access to the contraband( when he opened the door the coffee table came into "plain view".

C. There was sufficient cause to believe the subject matter was contraband.( Size, shape, and color of packages were indicitive of narcotics, the money, digital scales and packaging materials were indicitive of drug distribution paraphanalia.

As an aside.
Technically you are not lawfully present inside his house and therefore can't seize his drugs unless he invited you in.
Plain view is a seizure exception not a search warrant exception. You would need to argue exigent circumstances in order to enter. But this is all way off topic.

I said it was a seizure and not a search. But at the point of seeing the drugs when he opened the door i then could legally go in and seize it because I observed a felony (possession)

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Snyper
Most states don't require a license to hunt your own property.
Don't believe all the crap you read here without checking the real facts first

Name a fee States that don't require a license to hunt your own land, aside from farm tags

Every midwestern state near me requires a permit to hunt game even on your own land, to the best of my knowledge. Most have a much lower priced landowner permit available, but definitely can't just shoot everything you see.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Landowners here can hunt their own land without a license except for game which is required to be tagged [deer and turkey] and migratory birds.

Leastwise, that's how it used to be.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Apparently the G&F Wardens around here run a pretty thorough reconnaissance/investigative program, they don't fu-k with law abiding hunters and landowners.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by shrapnel
That's 'cause they can't, and never could, although they sure tricked a lot of people into thinking so. The Constitution says otherwise.

I had a Game Warden search the toolboxes on my truck at a game check station once. I thought he was looking for tape to re attach the tag to my deer. He said no, he was just checking to see if I had other game I hadn't claimed.

I asked 2 friends of mine what the legal requirements are of Game Wardens. One was a judge, the other a highway patrolman. They both told me that Game Wardens had to abide by the same laws as any other law enforcement agency. I think actions like this helps smear the reputation of Game Wardens, they choose to do this on their own...

Not true. They only need probable cause. See State v. Boyer

This changes nothing of the Constitutionality of our 4th amendment rights. There are thousands of violations daily of our rights. A court decision can stand if the challenge of it's constitutionality is never tried. The sanctity of our 4th amendment rights hang on the loosely interpreted "Probable Cause"...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The sad part is that in most instances, the armed citizen exercising his right to defend himself in his home is reluctant to fire his gun.

The cops don't show that restraint, and the wrong guy gets killed.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Name a fee States that don't require a license to hunt your own land, aside from farm tags

I don't need one.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The sad part is that in most instances, the armed citizen exercising his right to defend himself in his home is reluctant to fire his gun. The cops don't show that restraint, and the wrong guy gets killed.

Unfortunately, you are WAY too correct regarding the restraint differential. There have been too many recent examples of police seemingly going way beyond reasonable measures. Maybe it's just that we are seeing longstanding reality because of personal media devices and the internet. That stuff sure can make it rough on the good cops.

On your OP, I wish our G&F troops here would behave like those in some other states - as game wardens - instead of the heavy LEO emphasis with the armament, strutting, etc. When we (deliberately) ask themn questions about game, ranges, habitat, etc. they show little to zero knowledge most of the time. But, they seem to know everything about their "regs" and the law, and every road checkpoint is a dismal negative.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Georgia doesn't require a hunting license for hunting your own property.

Harry
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Landowners here can hunt their own land without a license except for game which is required to be tagged [deer and turkey] and migratory birds.

Leastwise, that's how it used to be.

Incorrect, if you're in TX as your profile indicates. In TX you have to buy a license to hunt any animal, whether game or non-game species, anywhere, regardless of who owns the property. The only exceptions are killing nuisance animals causing depredation (i.e. crows, hogs, etc. damaging property or crops) predators attacking you or your pets, or fur-bearing animals that you're trapping, where you had to buy a trapping license. In the case of killing depredating animals, you still have to prove depredation is occurring.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/hunting-licenses-and-permits

Last edited by RifleDude; 10/10/14.

Ted
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Which is stupid though. One should be able to hunt their own property without a license.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Which is stupid though. One should be able to hunt their own property without a license.

With all due respect, going to disagree. Around 1900 there were about 100 deer left in the entire state of Nebraska, and they decided a change was needed. Too many greedy and stupid people out there who ruined it for everybody.

Lots of things would be a lot better without the large percentage of idiots we have in the population.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
WTF does that have to do with anything? I don't give a sheit about 1900. I didn't say anything about limits changing.

Can a 14 year old drive a hay truck around the 1000 acre farm without a driver's license?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Should people be required to have a concealed weapons permit to keep a gun concealed in their house? On them in their yard?

Why not?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WTF does that have to do with anything? I don't give a sheit about 1900. I didn't say anything about limits changing.

Can a 14 year old drive a hay truck around the 1000 acre farm without a driver's license?

What limits are you talking about? There are currently two limits for deer hunting in Nebraska:
1) You can only shoot 2 bucks a year
2) You can only shoot as many does as you have permits for

If anybody should be able to hunt their land without permits, how many deer are you going to allow them to shoot if they don't have permits? Unlimited does?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Calhoun

With all due respect, going to disagree. Around 1900 there were about 100 deer left in the entire state of Nebraska, and they decided a change was needed. Too many greedy and stupid people out there who ruined it for everybody.

Lots of things would be a lot better without the large percentage of idiots we have in the population.

Those folks you mention were selling to a "Market" in those times, others were simply feeding themselves and their families. The greedy and stupid are still with us, no change there.

As far as wildlife and fisheries depts go, for the most part, there is no "game management", only people management. Game management is , in the main, done by the landowners and the lease owners, separate from the state authorities.

Steelhead is right about the Ak. F&G folks. Bunch of badge heavy pricks.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That's 'cause they can't, and never could, although they sure tricked a lot of people into thinking so. The Constitution says otherwise.
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

All states charge a fee for a hunting license.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There have been different rules for game wardens in lots of places because in most places, the violation of a game law wasn't actually a crime. It was a violation of a civil statute that might subject one to a fine and ultimately the loss of a license, but jail and criminal convictions were not at issue. It was/is more akin to a situation of a health inspector or something like that.

Now, obviously, that is changing some, particularly in the western states where one can find oneself convicted of a crime, even a felony, and be put on probation or ultimately confined if one is found guilty. So, in those situations where actual crimes are in play, a game warden is ABSOLUTELY subject to the same standards as any other law enforcement officer.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
These threads about "rights" tickle me.

This country hasn't had a functional Bill of Rights since Lincoln declared that a state which voluntarily joined the Union couldn't voluntarily leave the Union.

It probably goes back ever farther than that,...but that's enough for any reasonable person to understand that he's owned.

Of course,....you can always take the moral high ground and feel satisfied for doing so while you sit your ass in jail,...(or lay in the morgue),..but for all practical purposes, you have no rights.

The laws took the place of rights a long, long time ago.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 38 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,442
Posts18,528,710
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.