Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Secret Service, contrary to TX law, whisks the body away from Parkland once he is pronounced dead.

I can picture the Secret Service violating Texas state law without much hesitation.

Wouldn't have merited any thought if they had used bona fide docs to do their autopsy, And hadn't "misplaced" his brain.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was alive and cognizant at the time. The various conspiracy theories then and now were so convoluted, so complex, and so unconvincing that I have never varied from the principle of Ockham's Razor: the simplest explanation is probable true.

It was Oswald. Alone. Period.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Secret Service, contrary to TX law, whisks the body away from Parkland once he is pronounced dead.

I can picture the Secret Service violating Texas state law without much hesitation.

Wouldn't have merited any thought if they had used bona fide docs to do their autopsy, And hadn't "misplaced" his brain.

That was kinda what made me start to wonder about the more recent AR15 theory.

If he'd been shot with a .223 HP, that brain would have been full of small lead and jacket fragments. Not so with those heavy FMJ's or whatever Oswald was shooting, but it's kinda hard to deny fragments. So, the brain goes missing... whistle

Even to this day, if the brain were avl. it could tell us lots about what shot him, and what direction & weapon were used.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
How can a 5.56mm FMJ (.224") expand to 6mm before hitting the skull?

I could imagine a bullet causing a slightly larger hole as it punches through something like bone, but have a hard time accepting that bone has enough elasticity to allow it to spring back from a 6.5mm hole to a 6mm..

But, hey, I am not an expert, and strange things sometimes happen..
Well,for me at least, it doesn't pass the common sense and logic test.

Like you,I'm not an expert.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JFK was killed by a shot by Lee Harvey Oswald. That however, is too boring, so people have to spice things up with a bevy of conspiracy theories in which each picks villians of their particular paranoia's.

And if there is a conspiracy, it is far, far, far more likely that it involved the mob, who had always promised his father that they would get back at him for his sins against them in the good ol days. And for JFK's failure to honor their manipulations of the Chicago elections to give him Illinois and enough electoral votes to get elected.

After him would be the Cuban ex-pats.

And his popularity rating was one of the lowest in history of an incumbent president, so it is unlikely anyone was going to spend the effort and risk just to eliminate him.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have shot plate metal w/ .223 and the clean hole produced is larger than .223 diameter. May be so with a skull as well?

I have large boar skulls headshot with my .223, and it's hard to tell anything, other than half of it is missing... wink

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Barry! I can run out in the back pasture real quick and photo some skulls with 22 short holes in em! Lots more skull left and just as dead! Would that help? laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I have shot plate metal w/ .223 and the clean hole produced is larger than .223 diameter. May be so with a skull as well?

I have large boar skulls headshot with my .223, and it's hard to tell anything, other than half of it is missing... wink

[Linked Image]
The question is,how does a .224" FMJ bullet expand to a 6mm between exiting the bore and hitting the skull?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Name me one other even half-ass secret the goobermint has managed to keep secret for half a century.

It's bullscheet.

The UFO crash in Roswell........

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 10/10/14.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

[Linked Image]

So as you shot these hogs.. did any of the bone fragments or tissue come toward the muzzle?
In all the years of prarie dog hunting I've done.. theres never been a front flip or even a forward roll.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Secret Service didn't have AR-15's on that day in Dallas. I don't even think the US Army had them at that point in time. The Secret Service of the Treasury Department and the current USSS are different from what I can tell, but this assertion is silly.

The older I get the better I was.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chickasaw_hunter
The Secret Service didn't have AR-15's on that day in Dallas. I don't even think the US Army had them at that point in time. The Secret Service of the Treasury Department and the current USSS are different from what I can tell, but this assertion is silly.

Yes, they did. In the car behind Kennedy. That's a fact. Take a gander at the photo above for one piece of provenance.

Ken, supposedly, it was loaded with 40gr HP's.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
In the article Pete E posted,the writers say it was a 5.56mm FMJ. Which at that time was a 55 gr bullet.

Yeah, I was pulling from a documentary on TV a short while back, on the History channel if I remember correctly.

Lotsa speculation and no real evidence in either. wink

Whoever did it, however they did it, they gotter done.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Went back and read the part of the article that mentions the FMJ. The writers were reffering to the 6.5mm bullet. MY MISTAKE!

From the article.

The way the bullet produced as many as 40 tiny fragments inside Kennedy�s brain, and the reported 6mm diameter of the entry wound in the back of the skull, were inconsistent with 6.5 mm Carcano bullets, Donahue contended. His analysis did agree with Specter�s �single bullet theory� that such a full metal jacket projectile was capable of drilling through Kennedy�s upper back and throat, and Texas Gov. John Connelly�s back, rib and wrist before lodging in his thigh. But Donahue couldn�t comprehend such a bullet disintegrating inside a brain.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/S...esident_Kennedy.html#lRCLclQ22WricAqz.99

Last edited by elkhunternm; 10/10/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I was alive and cognizant at the time. The various conspiracy theories then and now were so convoluted, so complex, and so unconvincing that I have never varied from the principle of Ockham's Razor: the simplest explanation is probable true.

It was Oswald. Alone. Period.

(Sound of crickets.)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I gots gallon tubs of popcorn, only $5 a tub.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was alive and 10yrs old. Why is everybody cheering?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The masons obviously did it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I don't think the AR15/M16 was in wide use in 1963, let alone by the Secret Service. I also think someone would have eventually spilled the beans about the ND, and found a 5.56 shell casing either in the chase vehicle, or the street.

It's been established beyond doubt with photographic evidence from the day in question there was an Ar15/M16 in the chase car.

Did it fire the fatal shot? That's an interesting question, but one was present.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The -16 was designed and in limited service prior to '63.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (270wsmnutt, 257Bob, 2500HD, 1badf350, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,993 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,682
Posts18,534,375
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.