Been going back and forth on whether or not to get a compact decent spotter for an upcoming antelope hunt. I've always ended up springing for Swaro stuff but with less than a month to go some $3k CDN after tax for the Swaro was just not happening.

Found a good deal on a Vortex Razor 15-48x 65mm demo unit at Cameraland and took the plunge. Figured might as well have one for the hunt rather than a Swaro after the hunt. Even though my guide will have one might as well be glassing with him to learn western hunting.

Also picked up the 700RC2 Manfrotto head. Now to look for a decent light tripod. Right now the Manfrotto 055 CX3 seems to be winning. I'm a tad nervous about going too light having been there before but others seem to be doing well with sub 2lb tripods. May opt to lug my heavier 5lb Manfrotto for now.

If you are using a light tripod with this spotter and are particularly happy with it, drop me a line.

Wish me luck as I couldn't find one of these spotters locally to test it out! Hope I like it.